What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

White Lion

Apr 24, 2021
Country
United Kingdom
Sir you are making the kids here go crazy not to include us as well :P
Bhai I am not the one making claim of west. So don't ask me. I just like you is making guesses. From west only two options are. Either BLOCK 72 or EFT.
Bhai.
Firstly PAF currently has 4 platforms which it operates. F7pgs might retire once J10s come on line or even JFT Block 3 comes on line.
Secondly I am fairly certain PAF would have retained the M3/5s till 2025-30 in their niche role. So even then you would not have had 2 platforms for PAF. However look at the wider picture and please explain why it is so HARAAM for PAF to operate 2-3 platforms when it simplifies issues with training supply chain and so many other benefits. I await your answer.
A
1) F-16 are coming but not Block 52 or 72. Ex Jordanian....
2) J-10C are coming as replacement for Mirages on 1:1 ratio.
3) JF-17Block 3 would replace F-7PG.
4) JF-17 Block 3 will be total 75 aircraft.
5) JF-17Block 4 would not be inducted in PAF but a 5th Gen Single Engine aircraft would be inducted.

@araz Mirage III/V can not be retained till 2030 because France has stopped all associated facilities regarding parts and upgrades which makes id very difficult for PAF to maintain. This was the reason EAF Mirages were procured but those have been also stopped by the French. The only reason PAF is maintaining these is for the capability of nuclear strike but as soon as J-10C is delivered this problem would be solved.

iLION12345_1

May 1, 2016
Country
Pakistan
1) F-16 are coming but not Block 52 or 72. Ex Jordanian....
2) J-10C are coming as replacement for Mirages on 1:1 ratio.
3) JF-17Block 3 would replace F-7PG.
4) JF-17 Block 3 will be total 75 aircraft.
5) JF-17Block 4 would not be inducted in PAF but a 5th Gen Single Engine aircraft would be inducted.

@araz Mirage III/V can not be retained till 2030 because France has stopped all associated facilities regarding parts and upgrades which makes id very difficult for PAF to maintain. This was the reason EAF Mirages were procured but those have been also stopped by the French. The only reason PAF is maintaining these is for the capability of nuclear strike but as soon as J-10C is delivered this problem would be solved.
1) No F-16 are coming, used or new, unless the US gives permission. Jordan is currently upgrading its F-16s and not selling them. If they do plan to sell them. We’d still need US permission to buy them. And then we’d need US permission to upgrade those F-16s to be relevant, for which we would need to buy upgrade packages from the US.
2) J-10C simply cannot replace mirage on 1:1 Ratio, too many aircraft. Will not happen. Even if they are coming.
3) yes they will.
4) No they’re not, only 30 new aircraft ordered so far and 20 older ones to be upgraded.
5) Block 4 is a possibility if PAF thinks it needs it, the block 1s will need to be retired before Azm goes online. I think a single engine 5th Gen is a possibility too, maybe a foreign one, but there’s literally one option in the world right now, which recently got unveiled. maybe more will come, but there’s also no projects currently. Though it makes sense that PAF will have two 5th gens, one for multi-role (single engine) and one for strike (azm)

Mirage can definitely be retained till 2030, PAF does not buy parts of it from France. But maybe not all of them can be kept flying, which is why PAF is looking for another aircraft.

I don’t meant to be offensive, but what is your source? Who are you quoting while making such massive claims? Where is your source that france blocked the EAF mirages?

Last edited:

White and Green with M/S

Oct 29, 2020
Country
Pakistan
Sorry friend but apparently you never read that post either. Because that one never used the word fighter jet.
LOl why you're in delusional. someone asked him that he is talking about Fighter jets and he agree indirectly
but a 5th Gen Single Engine aircraft would be inducted.
PAF already said that AZM will be 2 engine medium weight

PanzerKiel

MILITARY PROFESSIONAL
Dec 5, 2006
Country
Pakistan
Sir now J-10 C news have proven to be true. Now will you shed some light on the system from west which Mr @Blacklight keep indicating towards. Which system is that ?
Only @Blacklight can shed the real light onto it dear... I can't, load shedding on my side...
No military deal is confirmed till the assets land on your territory... I've seen deals going sour at the last minute... Pantsir etc....
@Zarvan just keep this in mind.

redtom

Aug 2, 2020
Country
China
Bro, you're forgetting one minor little detail.

Other than the JF-17, the J-10 is the ONLY jet PAF has an option of.

Begging your pardon, but I don't need a crystal ball to make that assessment & one doesn't need to be a Rocket Scientist to figure that out.

Yeah, had someone hinted at something unorthodox like EFT or the GripenNG & it turned out to be true - I/we would've been impressed. But pretty much everyone here knew/knows that J-10C/E are what are at the horizon.

And on a lighter note, frankly speaking - I do not think the J-10 is superior to the F-16 - by a long shot. Yes its good, may be better than our own JF-17, even if it doesn't bring anything new to the table. But its is not the same league as a #LEGEND. No offence to our Chinese friends.

Its nothing personal - its just that we've been down this path so many times that we're some-what numb to the concept.

Other than the F-16, we just don't think there is another Western Equipment we could get our hands on that won't just bankrupt the PAF.

Just start off from Page 1 & you'll notice that we've pretty much raped the possibility of every jet in the West.

Okay, & what is to become of CAATSA? Marwaoogay yaar...

Powerplant/Engine being the main component.
I agree with you. J10C is probably better than JF17BLK3. But they are still the same thing, not an entirely new thing. Since Pakistan already has the F-16, it is better to upgrade based on the F-16 than to buy an entirely new fighter. Unless there was some difficulty in upgrading the F16.

So my guess is that with the shift in U.S. strategy, the relationship between the U.S. and Pakistan has changed. After the US abandoned Afghanistan, Pakistan was of no value to the US. India is much more attractive to the US. As a result, the F16 has become a volatile asset. Pakistan must acquire a new fighter to replace the F16 as soon as possible. J10C is the answer to this urgent need. Mature shelf products, stable suppliers, stable diplomatic relations over a foreseeable period of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 1, Guests: 6)

Top Bottom