What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

TsAr

Dec 2, 2008
eager people were given a push by the other forum with tall claims such as different assets not only procured but landed too. even people giving hints of seeing assets with two afterburners with pictures.

enthusiasts started jumping believing in what was said, this was the root cause of the mess all around.

interesting thing is that 'sir' cannot be challenged by any as @Zarvan said he was kicked out, the attitude is not pleasing.
well if you don't like something you move on, no one forced anyone to join PDF or any other forum.

DrWatson775

Jul 26, 2011
Country
Pakistan
The only issue with PAF going for new f16 was finances, u.s wanted Pakistan to pay for it from our own pockets while we wanted it to be deducted from CSF owed to Pakistan by the u.s.
If I remember correctly the sale for 8 black 52 was approved as far back as 2016 for a sum of 700 million $
Yes that is correct; I remember some news outlets mentioning 10 (maybe 8) block 52s back in 2016 (I think only 3 to 5 were C models the rest were Ds)

Silicon0000

Mar 1, 2015
Country
Pakistan
Bhai I am not the one making claim of west. So don't ask me. I just like you is making guesses. From west only two options are. Either BLOCK 72 or EFT.
Dear you are loosing your credibility day by day without actually having no fault on your side. Only because you become so much excited and increase noise level so much that everyone start relating things with you.

kursed

Mar 21, 2007
A standalone J10 variant , specifically for EW and SEAD tasks ONLY, is being tested.... It has not been selected yet..... Due to some teething problems, probability is that it will be rejected.... But it does show the PAF is on to what..... There is also a high probability of a new platform incoming to complement what our BLINDERS do.
Sir, the high probability of that variant was disclosed a long time ago, specially since they sent the bird for ex here as well. =)

Trailer23

Jun 2, 2012
Country
Pakistan
...that those people who first broke the news of J-10 C here are also same people who are indicating towards something coming from west also.
Bro, you're forgetting one minor little detail.

Other than the JF-17, the J-10 is the ONLY jet PAF has an option of.

Begging your pardon, but I don't need a crystal ball to make that assessment & one doesn't need to be a Rocket Scientist to figure that out.

Yeah, had someone hinted at something unorthodox like EFT or the GripenNG & it turned out to be true - I/we would've been impressed. But pretty much everyone here knew/knows that J-10C/E are what are at the horizon.

And on a lighter note, frankly speaking - I do not think the J-10 is superior to the F-16 - by a long shot. Yes its good, may be better than our own JF-17, even if it doesn't bring anything new to the table. But its is not the same league as a #LEGEND. No offence to our Chinese friends.
Half of the readers would brand me as a liar, another group would say I've got no idea what I'm talking about...
Its nothing personal - its just that we've been down this path so many times that we're some-what numb to the concept.

Other than the F-16, we just don't think there is another Western Equipment we could get our hands on that won't just bankrupt the PAF.

Just start off from Page 1 & you'll notice that we've pretty much raped the possibility of every jet in the West.
Oh bhai i am talking about option, i know where is the Russia?, Gripen has no chance, EF is super expensive, so why not we think Mig 35, by purchasing from Russia and Install western avionics in it like from Turkey, is it possible??
Okay, & what is to become of CAATSA? Marwaoogay yaar...
It could be Gripen since PAF tested Gripen but we could not buy it since it had US components and we were sanctioned at the time.
Powerplant/Engine being the main component.

Trailer23

Jun 2, 2012
Country
Pakistan
Does anyone have CAATSA sir, please do tell me??
That's the fun part isn't it.

Turkey got shafted - but because they are Members of NATO, it doesn't really show.

India - Well 'nuff said.

CAATSA is meant for Countries like Pakistan just to find new ways to stick it to us. Have you not learned all that is being tossed at us, a la FATF, IMF, Child Soldiers etc. We go for Russian equipment & it'll open another Pandora's Box.

Blacklight

PROFESSIONAL
Apr 9, 2017
Country
Pakistan
A standalone J10 variant , specifically for EW and SEAD tasks ONLY, is being tested.... It has not been selected yet..... Due to some teething problems, probability is that it will be rejected.... But it does show the PAF is on to what.....
It's been rejected.

There is also a high probability of a new platform incoming to complement what our BLINDERS do.
Confirmed.

Last edited:

Trailer23

Jun 2, 2012
Country
Pakistan
1 question... Is the Western platform coming from a certain country that is known for pizza and pasta?
I hope not 'cause we can't afford it. And that is not a secret.

On a Teacher's salary - you don't go out & buy a Used Ferrari 'cause even if you can muster up the cash by taking loans & using up all your savings. You certainly won't be able to afford it daily fuel, spares and maintenance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 12, Members: 2, Guests: 10)

Top Bottom