What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

PanzerKiel

MILITARY PROFESSIONAL
Dec 5, 2006
Country
Pakistan
J 10 C proven to be true. So now it's hard to question other claim. My only question is is it EF or F 16 BLOCK 72. Remember recently Europe tested missiles from those they have taken out USA parts and put parts made in Europe if soon Meteor BVR is tested with all European parts then it means it could be EFT.
Let's go step by step...

First, let's shift our J10 conversations to a whole new J10 specific thread.... Since it has been identified so it doesn't deserve to be here in this thread....

White and Green with M/S

Oct 29, 2020
Country
Pakistan
J 10 C proven to be true. So now it's hard to question other claim. My only question is is it EF or F 16 BLOCK 72. Remember recently Europe tested missiles from those they have taken out USA parts and put parts made in Europe if soon Meteor BVR is tested with all European parts then it means it could be EFT.
you forget another option Mig 35 brother its a good machine

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2011
Country
Pakistan
Let's go step by step...

First, let's shift our J10 conversations to a whole new J10 specific thread.... Since it has been identified so it doesn't deserve to be here in this thread....
I agree Sir but I am not the mod.

@The Eagle @TaimiKhan
you forget another option Mig 35 brother its a good machine
From which angle Russia comes in west.
Why all the secrecy, why wouldn't the PAF just say it is in the market for a new fighter and has zeroed in on X,Y and Z platforms and is in the process of evaluating them ?
That's how we do it.

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2011
Country
Pakistan
Oh bhai i am talking about option, i know where is the Russia?, Gripen has no chance, EF is super expensive, so why not we think Mig 35, by purchasing from Russia and Install western avionics in it like from Turkey, is it possible??
Bhai I am not the one making claim of west. So don't ask me. I just like you is making guesses. From west only two options are. Either BLOCK 72 or EFT.

Last edited:

Sharma Ji

BANNED
Apr 15, 2020
Country
India
That's how we do it.
That's not how you did it for the F16s or JF17s, did you ?

Apart from the nukes, which is a whole other ball game.. when did the Pak military ever be so tight-lipped and secretive about any platform ?

The tank trials were news, naval acquisitions are also made public.

Of course all countries keep a level of secrecy about defence matters, as does India.. but this level of cloak and dagger mystique about something as "simple" as a new fighter ?

Basel

ELITE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2013
Country
Pakistan
Oh bhai i am talking about option, i know where is the Russia?, Gripen has no chance, EF is super expensive, so why not we think Mig 35, by purchasing from Russia and Install western avionics in it like from Turkey, is it possible??
Why not join new fighter jet project from Russia if Russian jet is required??

Sifar zero

Jul 27, 2020
Country
Pakistan
You know I've got a tough job here... Like if I divulge the name of the western platform today..... Half of the readers would brand me as a liar, another group would say I've got no idea what I'm talking about.... Its a real test of my patience then because then one can only curse oneself that Banda aik tau baat bhi bataye... Aur phir muft ki baatain bhi sunay..... So therefore, let's wait for a good time.... :cheers:
Is the western platform confirmed?

akramishaqkhan

Feb 28, 2017
Country
Pakistan
J-10 C was not picked because we were not being offered F-16. Those days are gone when we used to pick Chinese equipment just because we are not getting anything else.
Not sure I agree. I think procurement choices are limited for Pakistan. Unless I am missing something completely.

araz

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Jun 14, 2006
Yes. Pakistan was never going to stick to two jets. People have some serious delusion that they think we would have only stick to two Jets F-16 and JF-17 until fifth generation comes. Plus you are also forgetting that those people who first broke the news of J-10 C here are also same people who are indicating towards something coming from west also.
Bhai.
Firstly PAF currently has 4 platforms which it operates. F7pgs might retire once J10s come on line or even JFT Block 3 comes on line.
Secondly I am fairly certain PAF would have retained the M3/5s till 2025-30 in their niche role. So even then you would not have had 2 platforms for PAF. However look at the wider picture and please explain why it is so HARAAM for PAF to operate 2-3 platforms when it simplifies issues with training supply chain and so many other benefits. I await your answer.
A

Sifar zero

Jul 27, 2020
Country
Pakistan
It could be Gripen since PAF tested Gripen but we could not buy it since it had US components and we were sanctioned at the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 8, Members: 1, Guests: 7)

Top Bottom