What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

iLION12345_1

May 1, 2016
Country
Pakistan
Based on the historical pattern of Pakistan Air Force, it would be safe to say that the J-10CE would suit us well. Provided of course, Pakistan and China have managed to reach an agreement on a number of special modifications to an already outstanding fighter-jet. The most important aspect that would require attention, would be J-10CE's Electronic Warfare Suite. Pakistan Air Force would be looking at capabilities in the J-10CE that outclass anything that the enemy has in it's fleet.

In addition, Pakistan Air Force might want to balance out J-10CE's maintenance and logistic support, to work seamlessly with other fighters in its fleet. In particular, Pakistan Air Force's ability to generate a high rate of sorties with J-10CEs, is equally pivotal to J-10CEs as its Electronic Warfare Suite. And since time and money are both scarce, it is imperative that J-10CEs "fit like a glove" in Pakistan Air Force's Air Warfare Doctrine.

Personally, I believe that we have wasted valuable time and should have not been so complacent about the F-16s. The time it did take for Pakistan Air Force to acquire Block-52s and upgrade older variants. Pakistan Air Force would have been better suited in studying the J-10Cs and worked with the Chinese in creating a variant which would permit Pakistan Air Force to attain a decent Air Dominance in the region.

Lastly, I believe Pakistan Air Force must invest in refining, enhancing and developing Drones which have the ability to perform combat missions, near autonomously. For that specific reason, Pakistan must engage with China, Russia, Iran, Turkey and other friendly countries, to gain a respectable proficiency in the area of Drone tech. Of course, in the same breath, it is imperative that all branches of Pakistan Military focus on establishing a core R&D Base for Artificial Intelligence. This is one area where we must gain superiority at all costs, just as we pursued our Nuclear Program (without the corrupt inbred politicians), so to should we pursue AI at all costs.

I foresee (and it is only my opinion) Pakistan Air Force procuring J-10CEs in sizable numbers. Since what lay ahead (in the future) is more than likely to be a Nuclear War.
I’m sorry but you do realize that the PAF would have picked any form of F-16 over J-10C right? Even if they were offered F-16 block 52+ right now over J-10C they will take it, because inducting an entirely new platform is always much more expensive and complicated than adding to a current one. It’s too early to speculate any of J-10Cs capabilities, it’s surely a competent fighter, but compared to an F-16V, it’s always going to be the second choice for PAF (and that’s before considering how much of an upgrade AIM9X and AIM120D would be to PAF)

people are now going to start bashing on F-16s and praising J-10C just because it seems that Pakistan may be buying it, while a few months ago everyone was on the F-16 train and saying it would be bad for PAF to go for J10C. Again, J-10C is no doubt good, but let’s not become unrealistic.

Nasr

Dec 9, 2018
Country
Pakistan
cant be bothered to give a proper reply however im rather impressed that you are familiar with the J-10s electronic warfare suite. So, have you been trained on it? Maybe you helped design it? Perhaps you own a J-10?
👆

Perhaps your eye sight is weak, or perhaps your dexterity is a bit off. Either way, your post did give me a good laugh. Honestly I really don't care what you have to say, however if you really need to blow off some steam, kindergarten is a good place to start.

Oh and great work bud, you have just been selected to be on my ignore list.

See ya!!!

Last edited:

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2011
Country
Pakistan
I’m sorry but you do realize that the PAF would have picked any form of F-16 over J-10C right? Even if they were offered F-16 block 52+ right now over J-10C they will take it, because inducting an entirely new platform is always much more expensive and complicated than adding to a current one. It’s too early to speculate any of J-10Cs capabilities, it’s surely a competent fighter, but compared to an F-16V, it’s always going to be the second choice for PAF (and that’s before considering how much of an upgrade AIM9X and AIM120D would be to PAF)

people are now going to start bashing on F-16s and praising J-10C just because it seems that Pakistan may be buying it, while a few months ago everyone was on the F-16 train and saying it would be bad for PAF to go for J10C. Again, J-10C is no doubt good, but let’s not become unrealistic.
J-10 C was not picked because we were not being offered F-16. Those days are gone when we used to pick Chinese equipment just because we are not getting anything else.

Akh1112

Nov 21, 2019
Country
Pakistan
👆

Perhaps your eye sight is weak, or perhaps your dexterity is a bit off. Either way, your post did give me a good laugh. Honestly I really don't care what you have to say, however if you really need to blow off some steam, kindergarten is a good place start.

Oh and great work bud, you have just been selected to be on my ignore list.

See ya!!!

im devastated that i am now on Nasr's ignore list.

iLION12345_1

May 1, 2016
Country
Pakistan
J-10 C was not picked because we were not being offered F-16. Those days are gone when we used to pick Chinese equipment just because we are not getting anything else.
Really, what was the other option? Do you think the PAF would have picked the J-10C if it had the option for F-16V?

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2011
Country
Pakistan
Really, what was the other option? Do you think the PAF would have picked the J-10C if it had the option for F-16V?
Yes. Pakistan was never going to stick to two jets. People have some serious delusion that they think we would have only stick to two Jets F-16 and JF-17 until fifth generation comes. Plus you are also forgetting that those people who first broke the news of J-10 C here are also same people who are indicating towards something coming from west also.

iLION12345_1

May 1, 2016
Country
Pakistan
Yes. Pakistan was never going to stick to two jets. People have some serious delusion that they think we would have only stick to two Jets F-16 and JF-17 until fifth generation comes. Plus you are also forgetting that those people who first broke the news of J-10 C here are also same people who are indicating towards something coming from west also.
Yeah…No. If PAF had the option of F-16V, they’d never be considering J-10C anyways.

it’s more likely they studied to see if they needed a new aircraft or could just stick with the current fleet, at some point they realized they did need a new aircraft and couldn’t stick with two types. Wether it was an entirely new platform or an addition to the existing ones. Obviously the latter was preferred, and the F-16V is simply a better aircraft (+ as I’ve mentioned, PAF getting AIM-9X and AIM120D would itself be as much of an upgrade to the PAF as getting J-10Cs). But they always had the J-10C in mind as the second option if they couldn’t get F-16V, and that’s what seems to have happened. I’ll only believe J-10C is coming when I see it land, even though I trust the members who are saying it will come.

PAF has been passively hoping and trying for F-16V for much longer, even before it decided it needed a new platform. It knew it could not pass up a chance to buy them if it came, because it wouldn’t come again, and the capability boost would be massive. Kind of a no brainer for PAF to pick F-16 over J-10.

Whatever “western platform” is coming too, we will see. Regardless, Any new addition is welcome. Especially one as big as J-10C

Reichmarshal

Jan 19, 2006
Country
Pakistan
The only issue with PAF going for new f16 was finances, u.s wanted Pakistan to pay for it from our own pockets while we wanted it to be deducted from CSF owed to Pakistan by the u.s.
If I remember correctly the sale for 8 black 52 was approved as far back as 2016 for a sum of 700 million $

Last edited:

HRK

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Sep 24, 2010
Country
Pakistan
The only issue with PAF going for new f16 was finances, u.s wanted Pakistan to pay for it from our own pockets while we wanted it to be deducted from CSF owed to Pakistan by the u.s.
If I remember correctly the sale for 8 black 52 was approved as far back as 2016 for a sum of 700 million $
Not just finance but some very hard conditions which was not acceptable to PAF, Ex PAF chief Sohail Aman in one of his speech on record stated about this, and mention as the main reason of refusal by PAF against the offer.

Reichsmarschall

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 16, 2016
Country
Pakistan
Not just finance but some very hard conditions which was not acceptable to PAF, Ex PAF chief Sohail Aman in one of his speech on record stated about this, and mention as the main reason of refusal by PAF against the offer.
Any idea about the nature of those conditions?

Reichmarshal

Jan 19, 2006
Country
Pakistan
Those hard conditions were basically a continuation of the conditions in place for the usage of our current fleet of f 16 specially the 52.
Nothing out of the ordinary.
Financing the 16 was the main issue, as seeking approval of the birds with notifications to the congress is one of the last steps.

Nomad40

Jan 3, 2020
Country
Pakistan
Dont forget the ridiculous strings attached...disrespectful.

Others should Wait a Couple of weeks things are clear as mud for civies.

HRK

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Sep 24, 2010
Country
Pakistan
Any idea about the nature of those conditions?
He did not eloborate it in detail, therefore I can not say what those conditions were may be something related to operational use or may be something else

==============
God will make those people answerable speratly who are playing with the emotions of our Mufakir @Zarvan

Last edited:

PanzerKiel

MILITARY PROFESSIONAL
Dec 5, 2006
Country
Pakistan
Sir now J-10 C news have proven to be true. Now will you shed some light on the system from west which Mr @Blacklight keep indicating towards. Which system is that ?
You know I've got a tough job here... Like if I divulge the name of the western platform today..... Half of the readers would brand me as someone who talks wrong, another group would say I've got no idea what I'm talking about.... Its a real test of my patience then because then one can only curse oneself that Banda aik tau baat bhi bataye... Aur phir muft ki baatain bhi sunay..... So therefore, let's wait for a good time.... :cheers:

Try your luck with @Blacklight, he might help....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom