What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

Incog_nito

Jun 27, 2016
Country
Pakistan
I noticed that the JDAM-type weapons don't use terminal-stage seekers. As you said, the main point here is to control cost and deploy in numbers.

Once you talk about terminal-stage control, you get into more niche munitions -- like H-4, JSOW, etc. In this case, you're looking at both adding a terminal stage seeker and using different warhead types (like tandem, penetrator, or even sub-munition dispensers).

If anything, we can't mix the role of the H2/H4 with that of the IREK. The IREK is our JDAM-line. We will still need a true successor to the H2/H4 that carries the specific benefits of those SOWs to the future.

I guess the future direction would be a JSOW-type weapon.
What about the idea of getting some EF-2000s from Austria?

I'm sure that if a finance option was tried out from the Middle East then buying 18 ex-Austrian EF-2000s and some additional 42 EF-2000s from Trench 4 can be bought to support the replacement of Mirages and adding capability in PAF.
That means there's a possibility of twin engine from Chinese side as well?
J-31/J-35s are coming to PAF as soon as they gets into production.

Bilal.

Aug 9, 2013
Is there a way to add a terminal control element (like H4) to the IREK/IREK-III-series? E.g., an IIR seeker to tighten the CEP, or an EO/TV with a data-link-based WSO operator? @JamD
I noticed that the JDAM-type weapons don't use terminal-stage seekers. As you said, the main point here is to control cost and deploy in numbers.

Once you talk about terminal-stage control, you get into more niche munitions -- like H-4, JSOW, etc. In this case, you're looking at both adding a terminal stage seeker and using different warhead types (like tandem, penetrator, or even sub-munition dispensers).

If anything, we can't mix the role of the H2/H4 with that of the IREK. The IREK is our JDAM-line. We will still need a true successor to the H2/H4 that carries the specific benefits of those SOWs to the future.

I guess the future direction would be a JSOW-type weapon.
I don’t see a reason why not. We have UAE’s Al Tariq that offers basically the same solution. The glide precision guided kit for MK-series with a range of 120-140Km with optional IIR or SAL seeker for terminal phase.

mingle

Apr 4, 2015
Country
Pakistan
What about the idea of getting some EF-2000s from Austria?

I'm sure that if a finance option was tried out from the Middle East then buying 18 ex-Austrian EF-2000s and some additional 42 EF-2000s from Trench 4 can be bought to support the replacement of Mirages and adding capability in PAF.

J-31/J-35s are coming to PAF as soon as they gets into production.
EF for PAF is non starter PAF will try to get more F16s along current fleet upgrades to V with blk3 on Horizon maybe J10CE induct as well Mirages old frames will retire with Blk3 and F16s induction along J10CE but Rose family will stay in inventory for 10yrs but eventually all will go with more J10CE and blk3.

NA71

Mar 27, 2009
EF for PAF is non starter PAF will try to get more F16s along current fleet upgrades to V with blk3 on Horizon maybe J10CE induct as well Mirages old frames will retire with Blk3 and F16s induction along J10CE but Rose family will stay in inventory for 10yrs but eventually all will go with more J10CE and blk3.
The US-PAK relationship are getting on high waves every passing day. CIA chief visited Islamabad on a brief unannounced trip to get permission for Shamsi AB... he was politely told "NO".

Pakistan could bargain for what we were discussing but it seems that we have had enough from USA, and military leadership is not willing to give any thing which can be used against Taleban in Afghanistan.

The only possible induction will be J10C ...and another big bird may be added later....though in limited no.

Mumm-Ra

Feb 14, 2017
Country
Pakistan
Dude, 80% of these students will leave Pakistan soon after their graduation.
If some of these students are provided good opportunities that allows them to have a comfortable life, then what's the harm in that. That's just basic human instinct. Still we should celebrate them as they are our kids

Big_bud

New Recruit

May 20, 2021
Country
Pakistan
Dude, 80% of these students will leave Pakistan soon after their graduation.
That's totally fine man. And in fact preferred. Remember Dr. AQ Khan. They can always be brought back in and can help us after they have worked in real high profile projects. If they stay in Pakistan they will probably limit their potential.

denel

PROFESSIONAL
Jul 12, 2013
Country
South Africa
Is there a way to add a terminal control element (like H4) to the IREK/IREK-III-series? E.g., an IIR seeker to tighten the CEP, or an EO/TV with a data-link-based WSO operator? @JamD
bilal: yes it is doable but you need to remember the exponential law of signal degradation once the weapon is deployed and moves towards target. Signal/data transferance/error correction in a high EW environment is extremely challenging - it can be overcome as there is a solid protocol which is used for this purpose across our landscape of systems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Top Bottom