What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

SQ8

ADVISORS
Mar 28, 2009
Country
Pakistan
Greenvile SC and Texas, majority in SC.
Scouting sites for Shaheen hotels to counter the dominance of patel motels across the southern US(true story)
We denied many times in past remember
Sometimes it’s not bad to have a few million dollars worth of equipment and a few hundred Americans folks sitting around - makes them jump in faster to calm tensions down.

StructE

New Recruit

May 17, 2019
Country
United States
J-10 is not coming in future. F-16 BLOCK 70 IS COMING AND WITH B70 KITS FOR OTHER JETS.
PAF is trying hard for it, not sure if it will materialize, rumors are there due to background activity, Pentagon is probably ok, real challenge is convincing administration.
Never ever given the current political situation. Get the J-10C or leave it. There is NO other option for Pakistan at the moment.
With all due respect, you are only reading what is on the surface. New F-16's are still 50/50.

Asifkamal

New Recruit

Jun 7, 2015
Country
Pakistan
I would welcome block 70 F16 as it will surely have most advanced sensors, avainocs, radar and weapons for air superiority as well as for deep strike penetration. It will fulfill the technological edge which India has achieved via rafale. Moreover it will come with upgrade of existing F16 fleet which will enhance our airforce many times.
But if it's not coming then J10 C is the best option which I'm emphasising for many years. It has all the advance avainics, radar and weapons which we need. And it has more payload, range than jf17 and most importantly we can upgrade it any time. Because in our history, whenever we purchased American system , after 10 years when it needed upgrades, our relations with America were not good. See our block 15 F16 were upgraded after 2003. Which means after 20 years. So even block 70 will need upgrade after 10 years and who knows what will be scenario of our relations with them.i will prefer block 70 because it will be absorbed easily and surely with it's deal, upgrade kits for existing F16 fleet will come. Maybe America does not want to loose a very important strategic partner In South asia.
I see no chance of F35. And if we opt for Chinese stealth fighter j31, we must be prepared that the next day USA will offer F35 to India and us as well. But we would not be able to pay for it.
Most importantly we are wasting time for many years. In 2010s we upgraded our airforce by inducing limited numbers of advanced F16 and some good dozens of old F16 and upgrading them. We also inducted JF17 in good numbers and purchased AWACS from China and sweeten and refulers from UKRINE. But in 2020s we even could not materialise 18 more Block 52 option. I'm this decade Imdia was testing modern aircraft from around the world and chooses RAFALE and inducted SU30 in huge numbers. Now rumours are about further order of RAFALE and marine version as well. We are still stuck in hope of F16 and think that j10 is in our pocket anytime. If we look, we have wasted a whole decade. Now JF17 block 3 is already 2 years late and I'm not sure when it will be really inducted. Meanwhile other countries have exercised different options like EGYPT purchase MIG 29 and SU30 as well rafale and second batch has been ordered.
I think our heads think that every time it will be only skirmishes between India and Pakistan. But think of it, if a real war breaks out with India now, we are short of top of the lime fighters. That's why I think this year we should finalise a deal of either block 70 F16 or J10. I don't think deal of SU35 With Russia will ever materials due to American pressure on Pakistan and indian pressure on Russia. And Thiland exercise with Grippen vs Chinese SU30 has faulted in BVR advantage of western fighters over russians

StormBreaker

Nov 18, 2019
Country
Pakistan
Bhae I am not at liberty to say anything, my wings burn where Bosses like
@The Eagle @PanzerKiel @Blacklight are present & keeping mum/quiet & for a good reason:-) , as many a time they have explained us to be just a little bit more Patient.

Seems wait is for a nod from officials & then news will break.

So, yes kind of no eidi for us but if you have been reading on PDF & I know you have just consider your Eidi being accumulated & will be given at appropriate time (which I can only speculate to be in near future).
Eidi is definitely here but State Bank is not issuing new currency bills. As said, this celebration wouldn't be for joy or fanboys but infact, a strength for a strong defence and preparations in longer terms.

Eidi Mubarak to everyone. Please remember people of Palestine and Kashmir in your prayers as they are suffering into the hands of India and Israel.
It seems that You both gentlemen misinterpret my “Eidi” demand.

I no more care about what PAF buys or loses. Block 3 ho ya block 22, don’t care anymore. Jaise ek umar tak insan ek cheez ka sabr karta hai phir wo cheez be maine hojati hai (Example : Hamare @Zarvan hazrat doesn’t want a begum anymore after all the wait).

By eidi, I am asking for real eidi. Bank transfer or cheque.

Caprxl

Jan 1, 2015
Country
Pakistan
(Example : Hamare @Zarvan hazrat doesn’t want a begum anymore after all the wait).
Hahhahahahaa BHae kiun Masoom Zarvan ki jan k peechay paray ho, BadDua lag jani apko kisi din Zarvan Bhae ki :p: & you will have 2 Wives instead of 1 :rofl:

I no more care about what PAF buys or loses. Block 3 ho ya block 22, don’t care anymore. Jaise ek umar tak insan ek cheez ka sabr karta hai phir wo cheez be maine hojati hai
Ma Sha Allah, I would say this Kafiat of urz as Maturity :D Congratulations, you have achieved "Inner Peace" i.e Androoni Sakoon :angel:

Brother hamari eidi tu yahi ha hehehehehhe.

Address inbox along with your details, Parchi pohanch jae ge :P ... I mean Eidi ....

Goritoes

Jan 20, 2021
Country
Pakistan
I will ask you what are/ were nearly 3 dozen PAF officers doing in Greenville SC,
Should've told me before, could meet my boys as I am currently living near Greenville :D kia yaar itna late bataya :(

If PAF is actively trying to negotiate a deal with Americans over new F-16's then it is the best way to go, I said this before that PAF can at least ask for the remaining block 52's to be delivered with the option to buy 18 more, with an addon of upgrading the entire Fleet to F-16's V standard if nothing a fleet of 100 F-16V's protecting Pakistan skies, Rafale or Su30 will think 10 times before entering, many posters here out of their dislike for America undermine the F-16 but with its current block, 70/72 or V upgrade it can take on any modern fighter in the world and also might come out victorious, just think for a second that despite having access to world's largest defense budget, F-35's yet USAF decide to keep F-16's around for another decade. Pakistan is in desperate need of a fighter that can counter the Rafale threat, everyone knows that Rafale tilted the Balance of Airpower in India's favor by a good margin, yes Pakistan might be working on countermeasures but it has to be a diverse solution with New/Upgraded Fighters + New Air Defense System + Ground Radars. So we do hear about a possible new AD system coming up, we also hear about new Radars showing up, all that is remaining is new/upgraded fighters. I am bracing myself as defense deals move very slow when it comes to Pakistan, as we have to first fight lobbies then check our wallets so I think those who are not liking this " New Fighter " discussion need to take a chill pill, let the members have their fun.

Last edited:

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2011
Country
Pakistan
It seems that You both gentlemen misinterpret my “Eidi” demand.

I no more care about what PAF buys or loses. Block 3 ho ya block 22, don’t care anymore. Jaise ek umar tak insan ek cheez ka sabr karta hai phir wo cheez be maine hojati hai (Example : Hamare @Zarvan hazrat doesn’t want a begum anymore after all the wait).

I want to get married. Who told you I don't want to get married. Secondly don't bring those topics here

Kingslayerr

Sep 16, 2019
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan already denied any American base on it's soil. It ain't just a simple statement but an independent foreign policy which will only serve nation's interest first with mutual understanding. As the things moves in right direction, I hope we are going totally stringless and non risky way of future weapon acquisition. In'Sha'ALLAH
Lets be honest US doesn't want bases in Pakistan, yes its good for them if they get one but it doesn't matter all of the middle East is full of US bases also not to forget the aircraft carriers. What they want is "the boulevard" to conduct airstrikes inside Afghanistan from a distance keeping them safe also providing finance to kabul which will ensure that the war goes on. How is Pakistan going to counter this move?

Ghessan

Feb 28, 2018
Country
Pakistan
Lets be honest US doesn't want bases in Pakistan, yes its good for them if they get one but it doesn't matter all of the middle East is full of US bases also not to forget the aircraft carriers. What they want is "the boulevard" to conduct airstrikes inside Afghanistan from a distance keeping them safe also providing finance to kabul which will ensure that the war goes on. How is Pakistan going to counter this move?
that is where things can get struck (equipment if any is under consideration) informed members can shed light on it.

StormBreaker

Nov 18, 2019
Country
Pakistan
Hahhahahahaa BHae kiun Masoom Zarvan ki jan k peechay paray ho, BadDua lag jani apko kisi din Zarvan Bhae ki :p: & you will have 2 Wives instead of 1 :rofl:

Ma Sha Allah, I would say this Kafiat of urz as Maturity :DCongratulations, you have achieved "Inner Peace" i.e Androoni Sakoon :angel:

Brother hamari eidi tu yahi ha hehehehehhe.

Address inbox along with your details, Parchi pohanch jae ge :P ... I mean Eidi ....
No, I don’t want black tinted vigo on door.

A5B840ED-DD27-4F5B-B4A5-F83149BEEEE7.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Top Bottom