What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

ziaulislam

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 22, 2010
Country
Pakistan
In a nut shell NO. All US arms resale requires OEM Permission which will not be forthcoming (at least not in the current climate).
A
One intersting development is joebiden eagerness to leave afghanistan and focus on domestic issues
This means that taliban return is granteed in one form or another and unless USA wants to completely ignore afghanistan creates unique challenges and oppturtunity for pakistan

Vapnope

Nov 11, 2015
Country
Pakistan
One intersting development is joebiden eagerness to leave afghanistan and focus on domestic issues
This means that taliban return is granteed in one form or another and unless USA wants to completely ignore afghanistan creates unique challenges and oppturtunity for pakistan
This was realized back in 2014 that Taliban are a reality and stakeholders in Afghanistan despite exaggeration against Pakistan that Pakistan provides them with logistics and safe heavens. Afghan taliban are lesser evil towards Pakistan in our calculation however we need to buckle up on that front as well.

araz

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Jun 14, 2006
I would not trust modern day US policy makers WHO HAVE REPEATEDLY SHOWN HOW GOOD THEY ARE AT LEAVING A MESS IN THEIR WAKE IF IT SUITS THEM. You have to understand the US financial condition currently will not allow them to support Pakistan in any way unless they are tied down in dire straits. They will simply leave Afghanistan in a lurch and let the Afghans sort it out amongst themselves. This remains my concern. I think we need to hasten and reinforce the fencing effort so we can control what comes in from and goes out to Afghanistan. Unless we do so we will be hosting another 3-4 million people for another 3 decades

Vapnope

Nov 11, 2015
Country
Pakistan
I would not trust modern day US policy makers WHO HAVE REPEATEDLY SHOWN HOW GOOD THEY ARE AT LEAVING A MESS IN THEIR WAKE IF IT SUITS THEM. You have to understand the US financial condition currently will not allow them to support Pakistan in any way unless they are tied down in dire straits. They will simply leave Afghanistan in a lurch and let the Afghans sort it out amongst themselves. This remains my concern. I think we need to hasten and reinforce the fencing effort so we can control what comes in from and goes out to Afghanistan. Unless we do so we will be hosting another 3-4 million people for another 3 decades
Spot on sir. There is another threat of TTP & ISIS using the turmoil of civil war (in case it happens) to attack Pakistan. We need to increase the surveillance of the area to ensure no trickling of terrorists happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom