What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

ziaulislam

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 22, 2010
Country
Pakistan
I am pretty sure that PAF will once again try to communicate with US for MLU's kit and additional New F-16 most likely F-16's, a similar deal of 18 units can be reached with delivery would take up to 2-4 years while the JF-block III fills the gap in both Quantity and with decent Quality. Honestly, I'd be surprised if PAF actually buys J-10CE now when JF- block 3 are ready to be integrated by the end of this year, and if they do then I am but forced to believe that PAF has/might send a list of upgrades and changes (Electronics) to the Chinese before finalizing for XYZ numbers of the fighters.
Provided USA provides it
Which is big no.

Usa will not provide pakistan with aim9x and aim120D which will effectively make the f16 toothless in air to air role and waste of finances to be honest(unless subsidizid or used)

They are already toothless in air to ground role due to lack of stand off weapons, anti radiation weapons and antiship weapons
In 2004 USA agreed because the indian relationships were still not as strong, pakistan was vital for antiterrorism push, and there wasnt alot of negative press around f16s yet.

Pakistan had also approached europe for weapons who were agreeable to sell at that time as india hadnt lured them in their weapons program yet.

Its 20 years later and things have changed ...

Akh1112

Nov 21, 2019
Country
Pakistan
But by the same token if we were doing it ourselves why the need for so much secrecy. So taking this to its logical conclusion this is either a multinational venture with 2/more countries reaping the benefits of this work and the economies of scale would make this project worth while for all parties concerned or PN has just not crystallized the project and when we are closer to formulating a deal announcement will be made. If multiple countries are involved there maybe merit in protecting their identity or PAC later on wants to offer the service to other client states.
So quite a few thoughts and possibilities to consider. I have no source to substantiate anything I say and this is my opinion so please feel free to agree/disagree/keep quiet.
Kind regards.
A

It will be a multinational venture in the sense that the majority of systems will come from abroad, we are talking Europe mainly. Secrecy is something i dont have the answer to unfortunately, Pakistan has become super secretive now, for example, you need to dig through NOTAMs to figure out that the AD systems are being tested in Pak as we speak until the end of the month ;). We have become more secretive now and unfortunately i have no answer as to why. Economies of scale wise, there isnt much that will go into it, they did it for the Erieye, they can do it for the Sea Sultan. Remember, most of the jet is ready to go sitting in a box in a warehouse somewhere, it just needs to be intergrated. The airframe modifications will be minimal ish, nothing more than the rebuilds of the erieyes, theres space at PAC if they wanted to do it. While im not saying it is the case, i wouldnt rule out PAC involvement in Sea Sultan, especially since they have experience with civilian airliners, standards and MRO, PAC is certified for MRO on widebody jets, so its not like theyre going into it completely blind.

Last edited:

Goritoes

BANNED
Jan 20, 2021
Country
Pakistan
Provided USA provides it
Which is big no.

Usa will not provide pakistan with aim9x and aim120D which will effectively make the f16 toothless in air to air role and waste of finances to be honest(unless subsidizid or used)

They are already toothless in air to ground role due to lack of stand off weapons, anti radiation weapons and antiship weapons
In 2004 USA agreed because the indian relationships were still not as strong, pakistan was vital for antiterrorism push, and there wasnt alot of negative press around f16s yet.

Pakistan had also approached europe for weapons who were agreeable to sell at that time as india hadnt lured them in their weapons program yet.

Its 20 years later and things have changed ...
I don't agree with you but it's your opinion.

ziaulislam

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 22, 2010
Country
Pakistan
I don't agree with you but it's your opinion.
Pakistan delivered afghan deal on platter and what it got in return

Not even thr beingn choppers that were already proved or even an export liscene

It could bag any used f16 or any arnaments for its f16 making the JHMD useless

Goritoes

BANNED
Jan 20, 2021
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan delivered afghan deal on platter and what it got in return

Not even thr beingn choppers that were already proved or even an export liscene

It could bag any used f16 or any arnaments for its f16 making the JHMD useless
Negotiation was never Pakistan's ideal, yes they could've done it better and drag a bit more out of America but I will give that to Pakistan that the last decade for Particularly Pakistan was hard, they were simply in no position to ask or dictate any terms to US, they just mostly accept to what US offers or with-hold, now Pakistan is in much better shape, Pakistan now has peace, stability, Rising economy, big projects, foreign reserves, and other regional Powers are sitting with Pakistan. The US, as usual, will always want to keep Pakistan in their court so as I said, I won't be surprised if negotiations happen behind curtains and this time they did pass through congress.

spectregunship

New Recruit

Aug 18, 2020
Country
Pakistan
Guys, Someone credible said earlier that the retiring ACM Would leave with a good news for all of us ??

I am not following defense anymore due to lack of interest and hopelessness, so what is the update ? Any new fighter deal announcement due this week ?

@The Eagle @Tipu7 @Hodor @kursed
I doubt anything of this sort may happen. A deal / program / news goes along with the routine of service and has very little to do with a person who is retiring albeit there are exceptions. I believe only time will tell if there is any good / major news.

Trailer23

Jun 2, 2012
Country
Pakistan
I am not following defense anymore due to lack of interest and hopelessness...
[Hain...! Tum zinda ho?]

Where did you all of a sudden pop like a daisy?
so what is the update ? Any new fighter deal announcement due this week ?
[Nahe bhai] what gave you the idea that a deal was in the works...that you had to come out of cryogenic...?

imranyounus

Jan 10, 2010
The more time passing by chances of J 10 are diminishing in favour of J 31. If PAF can get through the next few years. J 31 will be available for export.

But for the interim period PAF will need to look out of box solutions.

araz

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Jun 14, 2006
The more time passing by chances of J 10 are diminishing in favour of J 31. If PAF can get through the next few years. J 31 will be available for export.

But for the interim period PAF will need to look out of box solutions.
I think and I am purely expressing my own opinion unless PAF is in a tight corner/and being pushed to procure J10s for reasons which are unknown to us we will not see it in

PAF service until the Mirages go. I disagree we will go for J31 but do not know what Azm is and if Azm is J31/35 in green paint then so be it.
A

Reichmarshal

Jan 19, 2006
Country
Pakistan
I think and I am purely expressing my own opinion unless PAF is in a tight corner/and being pushed to procure J10s for reasons which are unknown to us we will not see it in

PAF service until the Mirages go. I disagree we will go for J31 but do not know what Azm is and if Azm is J31/35 in green paint then so be it.
A
the reason for procuring the j10 is exactly the same which pushed PA to buy vt4 and we only found out about it when a battalion worth of the vt4 were being formally inducted in an AC Regiment.

Last edited:

araz

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Jun 14, 2006
the reason for procuring the j10 is exactly the same which pushed PA to buy vt4 and we only found out about it when a battalion worth of the vt4 were being formally inducted in an AC unit.
You mean capacity build up? But then why do it when JFT Bl.3 is round the corner. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY what message will it convey to the potential buyers of JFT.
A

python-000

Sep 8, 2017
Country
Pakistan
You mean capacity build up? But then why do it when JFT Bl.3 is round the corner. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY what message will it convey to the potential buyers of JFT.
A
Wrong sir, JF-17 is not like tejas our Air Force useing them & they perform outclass but we need other options for different operation so there for J-10C is a better option for PAF & INSHALLAH after them we will go for J-31/J-35...

Reichmarshal

Jan 19, 2006
Country
Pakistan
A
capacity building is one of the issues but there are other reasons, which are not in our control and have been forced upon us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Top Bottom