May 1, 2019
Country
United States

The Eagle

SENIOR MODERATOR
Oct 15, 2015
Country
Pakistan
Speculations are ongoing about J-10C... I was in my teens when every other month we would hear of PAF exploring the options of M2k5 either new or second hand... the mere stories of it all made me so excited and at the end here we are in 2021 and none of those airframes ever flew with us...
I do want to make a point though... we do not have those aviation photography enthusiasts who pry for any new air frames flying out of manufacturing sites or maybe airbases.. especially like the Chinese enthusiasts... maybe some of our speculative queries would be answered through them...
May be, we have our own style to pursue a different case than what's being told or let's say, shared for specific party. Speculations will remain so unless, officially announced. However, the one at receiving end is caught in the middle already and will see them going crazy once announced by this side. Wise one said, if we have to witness another rumble of few minutes, both will be technologically at par but all the parties sees PAF superior given the psych, training, experience and already displayed capability. May the things remain in favour, I see PAF keeping the edge & remains way ahead than adversary as promised. Whether Indians bring Rafale or whatever, PAF maintains first see & first shoot capability.

However, I am sure and can assure that it wouldn't take for PAF to operationalize given the notion of years of integration hurdles & those theories. The surprise is ahead in many ways.

Does anyone ever try to pay attention about the words being said like that? the keyword is maintains.......... maintains.... maintains.

GriffinsRule

Nov 18, 2015
Country
Pakistan
These goals can change as well. I find it unlikely that PAF will be an all 5th gen air force by then, esp if we are going to be inducting 4-4.5 gen aircraft in the 2020-2030s.
I hope instead of a J-10 it's FC-31 instead if they go the Chinese route

ziaulislam

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 22, 2010
Country
Pakistan
PAF doesn’t need fighter other than jf17 blk3, it’s really diminshing returns unless PAF can get 5th gen

Better to spend money on other ways to cripple indians
dpends upon the future of j10
if china is fully comitted to J10 then you are looking at a cheap fighter that you will need to supplement thunders and fifth gen fighter
since f16s are done and dusted..we tried but it ended up like star fighter

spectregunship

New Recruit

Aug 18, 2020
Country
Pakistan
May be, we have our own style to pursue a different case than what's being told or let's say, shared for specific party. Speculations will remain so unless, officially announced. However, the one at receiving end is caught in the middle already and will see them going crazy once announced by this side. Wise one said, if we have to witness another rumble of few minutes, both will be technologically at par but all the parties sees PAF superior given the psych, training, experience and already displayed capability. May the things remain in favour, I see PAF keeping the edge & remains way ahead than adversary as promised. Whether Indians bring Rafale or whatever, PAF maintains first see & first shoot capability.

However, I am sure and can assure that it wouldn't take for PAF to operationalize given the notion of years of integration hurdles & those theories. The surprise is ahead in many ways.

Does anyone ever try to pay attention about the words being said like that? the keyword is maintains.......... maintains.... maintains.
acknowledged chief.... I actually wanted to lay my emphasis on the photographers who can easily answer many of our questions... rest all is understood...

khanasifm

Apr 16, 2008
boohoo now they can’t invade anyone whenever they want

i think americans also ignore the fact that they’re invaders and counties like iran will be fighting to protect their country, the motivation matters too

also they’re afraid to test f35’s over powers like iran
Do not know what the Fu78 is this ?

TheDebSahab

New Recruit

Nov 19, 2020
Country
Pakistan
F16s are done and dusted? Lmao get a grip, bruv.
dpends upon the future of j10
if china is fully comitted to J10 then you are looking at a cheap fighter that you will need to supplement thunders and fifth gen fighter
since f16s are done and dusted..we tried but it ended up like star fighter

ziaulislam

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 22, 2010
Country
Pakistan
Pakistanis have issues with F-16s in PAF just like both IAFs (Indian and Israeli)
What people fail to releaze that defense acquisition is planned 10 years ahead
F16b52(1st built in mid 1990s) are going to be a "samosa" in 2030(35 yrs from developement, 25 years since we signed the deal).. just like the indian mig21

Anyone who believe otherwise has no grip on reality..yes 25 years from acquisition and 35 years from development is long time..its not b52 bomber that it will last 100years

Now block70 with its aranaments is different aircraft which isnt available to pakistan

SABRE

Apr 16, 2007
Country
Pakistan
What people fail to releaze that defense acquisition is planned 10 years ahead
F16b52(1st built in mid 1990s) are going to be a "samosa" in 2030(35 yrs from developement, 25 years since we signed the deal).. just like the indian mig21

Anyone who believe otherwise has no grip on reality..yes 25 years from acquisition and 35 years from development is long time..its not b52 bomber that it will last 100years

Now block70 with its aranaments is different aircraft which isnt available to pakistan
On the contrary, F-16 was designed to last as long as possible. Its design philosophy was to have a modular aircraft able to adapt to evolving technologies. This even allowed LM to do some structural changes to the airframe once they acquired the aircraft's technology from GD, which further helped extend the life of the aircraft. In essence, an F-16 can easily last 50 years if given good enough logistical support. The USAF decided to keep its fleet of later versions of F-16 till 2050 but given the F-35 fiasco they are likely to take it to 2060-2070, reaching around the 90-100 year mark. Although they have said they'll not acquire new units the Pentagon could pause the further production of F-35 and push for F-21+ and F-15EX type aircraft as workhorses for the USAF. How long are PAF's F-16s going to last depends on US-Pak relations and US support for the Pakistani aircraft.

imranyounus

Jan 10, 2010
what is more important is that we are not talking about something like F 22 or F 35 or for that matter even J 20. All these were comprehetnsive systems with almost all new technologies. what we are talking about is more of a compromised system with what ever is available at the time. tailored to PAF specific needs. Therefore it should not take more than 10 or at most 15 years to develop and induct. More than that and it better to buy from China.

ziaulislam

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 22, 2010
Country
Pakistan
On the contrary, F-16 was designed to last as long as possible. Its design philosophy was to have a modular aircraft able to adapt to evolving technologies. This even allowed LM to do some structural changes to the airframe once they acquired the aircraft's technology from GD, which further helped extend the life of the aircraft. In essence, an F-16 can easily last 50 years if given good enough logistical support. The USAF decided to keep its fleet of later versions of F-16 till 2050 but given the F-35 fiasco they are likely to take it to 2060-2070, reaching around the 90-100 year mark. Although they have said they'll not acquire new units the Pentagon could pause the further production of F-35 and push for F-21+ and F-15EX type aircraft as workhorses for the USAF. How long are PAF's F-16s going to last depends on US-Pak relations and US support for the Pakistani aircraft.
You are confusing f16A with not only f16c but also with f16 viper

A good example is how useless eygptian f16 with aim 7 sparrow are
I will call eygptian f16s as waste of resource and libaility /tool to control EAF rather then anything it can use against it regional powers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Top Bottom