What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

The Raven

Mar 31, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
To me, the new ADS is probably the most significant piece of news here. A decade or so ago, the PAF designed, developed, and deployed a home-grown C4I integrated ADS system, which probably had a greater role to play on Feb 2019 than anything else. The PAF, as well as the other armed forces, have invested heavily in an integrated C4I system and netcentric capabilities, but these don't grab the headlines to the same extent as sexy new fighters, subs or warships.

SQ8

ADVISORS
Mar 28, 2009
Country
Pakistan
@JamD @SQ8 so it looks like the PAF is taking the 'brutally honest' path... off-the-shelf fighter for the 2020s and 2030s, and a true in-house NGFA for the 2040s.
I think they are being fairly realistic based upon capabilities and funds.
I don’t think the 2047 is the accurate timeline for the jet but rather fully inducted.

that being said, Ill be a grandfather by then.

TheDarkKnight

Jun 2, 2012
Country
Pakistan
@JamD @SQ8 so it looks like the PAF is taking the 'brutally honest' path... off-the-shelf fighter for the 2020s and 2030s, and a true in-house NGFA for the 2040s.
2047 is the target date for an all 5th gen air-force, not the induction of a 5th gen aircraft. We may start introducing 5th gen in 2030s I think. This is still a very ambitious goal as I think only USA may it self become a full 5th gen air-force by mid 2030.
salam to all....

1. PAF is considering to induct new Fighter Jet platform.
2. JF17B3 will be inducted at the end of this year.
3. New ADS will also be inducted this year
4. on 25th Feb ...day of MIRAGE Jets Golden Jubilee Celebration
5. PAF Next Gen Fighter Jet will be ready by year 2047.
6. Any change in balance of power in the region by India will not be allowed and Pakistan will maintain PAF's qualitative edge.

Pakistan Air Chief latest Interview ...ARY program Power play.
Looks like an ADS of some sort is finalized, but the fighter jet purchase is still in consideration.
One correction above: The ACM did not say that 5th gen fighter will be ready by 2047, but that PAF will be completely a 5th Gen air force by 2047. That means PAF will be flying 5th gen or higher only by 2047! Of course that is only a goal.
@Deino

That Guy

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Mar 29, 2013
Country
Pakistan
well they maintain that they shot one down with mig
They had to, because they lost badly. Not claiming to have shot down an f-16 would have added pressure on Modi to declare an unwinnable war.

Even then, they made a huge fuss right after about Pakistan illegally using f-16s against India, as if there were any such restrictions on Pakistan in the first place.
That hue and cry was raised to substantially distance the u.s from Pakistan, which also isnt a new thing for indians to do . Itd be idiotic to assume that iaf fears a handfull pakistani version of handicapped f16's when there are other more potent and advanced categories of aircrafts available to us
Where is the evidence that they're handicapped? When Pakistan bought those fighters, they were top of the line export versions of the f-16s.

There is no evidence to suggest that they were ever handicapped.

There is a reason why PAF wants more f-16s, and has bought f-16s previously, even when the j10 was available to it.

I want to clarify, the j10c at this point is better than the PAF f-16s, at least on paper as the j10c hasn't seen actual combat as of yet. I just feel that the PAF would be better off going for a next generation at this point.

Last edited:

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
May 21, 2006
Country
Pakistan
Today watching Mujahid Anwar on ARYnews. Pakistan already acquired JF17 III . What new aircraft PAF is planning to add ? .

Your take please.

Thorough Pro

ELITE MEMBER
Aug 23, 2008
Country
Pakistan
Like what?
Have you not learned anything from all the "done deal" claims you made in the last decade?
You seem like a nice guy, it hurts me to see you making a fool of yourself. stop it. If they'll come everyone will find out and no body will give you a credit for breaking the news before anyone else, if they don't, they don't, something else will, who cares.

It won't be years Sir. We would receive them really soon. Also for more F-16 money is not the issue, USA policies are right now. J-10 C are coming. All things are pointing towards it.

This holy prediction has been posted by now by me. In fact until few months back I was denying this news. I got only confirmed when this very forum on their twitter and facebook account posted J-10 C picture and posted the picture coming soon. Also few other very credible started saying it.

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2011
Country
Pakistan
Like what?
Have you not learned anything from all the "done deal" claims you made in the last decade?
You seem like a nice guy, it hurts me to see you making a fool of yourself. stop it. If they'll come everyone will find out and no body will give you a credit for breaking the news before anyone else, if they don't, they don't, something else will, who cares.
Sir even PAF chief just confirmed it. He didn't confirm J-10 C but he confirmed PAF is "thinking" of getting a new fighter jet. And this meeting with journalists is clearly to make sure no one is surprised when the deal is announced. I am expecting really large defence deal with China soon. HQ 9 B and J-10 C

khanasifm

Apr 16, 2008
Sir even PAF chief just confirmed it. He didn't confirm J-10 C but he confirmed PAF is "thinking" of getting a new fighter jet. And this meeting with journalists is clearly to make sure no one is surprised when the deal is announced. I am expecting really large defence deal with China soon. HQ 9 B and J-10 C
like pn Cheif out going air Cheif meeting journalist and sharing info

Mentee

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 3, 2016
Country
Pakistan
I want to clarify, the j10c at this point is better than the PAF f-16s, at least on paper as the j10c hasn't seen actual combat as of yet. I just feel that the PAF would be better off going for a next generation at this point.

Humans have excelled in e-computing over the last many decades to verify different parameters of the weapon systems . You simply dont declare war on your nemisis to do away with the inferiority complex caused by some books published prolly at and by the oxford a century ago

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 1, Guests: 5)

Top Bottom