What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

-=virus=-

BANNED
Sep 18, 2012
Country
India
Bandits is the actual name of No.7 sqn in PAF
There would have been some sort of official announcement if it had not only already been selected for purchase, but even the squadrons would have been decided upon.

Bandit, Bogey etc are also how intruding enemy air is referred to.. unless there is also PAF Bandit squadron insignia on the model, is there ?

I'd say the highest probability is that the model represents a souvenir? (if you will) marking an exercise where these Chinese jets obviously played the role of 'bandits' simulating the threat from Indian air.

Muhammad Omar

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 3, 2014
Country
Pakistan
There would have been some sort of official announcement if it had not only already been selected for purchase, but even the squadrons would have been decided upon.

Bandit, Bogey etc are also how intruding enemy air is referred to.. unless there is also PAF Bandit squadron insignia on the model, is there ?

I'd say the highest probability is that the model represents a souvenir? (if you will) marking an exercise where these Chinese jets obviously played the role of 'bandits' simulating the threat from Indian air.
Pakistan Army didn't announced the procurement of VT4 Tank there was no official announcement for the purchase but suddenly VT4 was in Pakistan and then announced officially

wasileo80

Apr 10, 2007
Country
Pakistan
IMO apples and oranges. The Saudi/UAE deals involve way more sensitive tech than any F-16 sale to Pakistan. And in the case of Pakistan, it's more of an issue of maintaining a voice in our decision-making circles (read: keeping us under check), so US arms and US aid are essential pieces to that.

I said this a while back, but for Biden, the goal will be to pull Pakistan away from Kashmir and, instead, to focus on Afghanistan. This is the only way for the US to keep India focused on China.

It wouldn't surprise me if our decision-makers say 'yes' to the arrangement as it (1) helps them avoid a war with India, (2) improves Pakistan's conventional deterrence capabilities, and (3) helps us secure our West from Indian influence (which is a big reason for our insecurity, perhaps as much as Kashmir if not more so).

I'm not siding with any particular angle or side here, I'm just laying out how I think our decision makers see things re: India, Kashmir, Afghanistan, etc.
But if we withdraw our focus from Kashmir then there will be a doom's day in near future for Pakistan as there will be no water for agriculture in Pakistan and no drinking water for Pakistanis. Pakistan will then lost every thing. And if you shift your focus away from Kashmir then next nail in coffin will be to loose GB and once you loose GB, you will loose Chinese interest as well in Pakistan as you will not have anything which can attract China as an investor and technology sharing partner. And i hope people in our power circle knows this better than us.

untitled

Sep 13, 2008
Country
Pakistan
Bandit, Bogey etc are also how intruding enemy air is referred to.
I know what it means. I was replying to your post where you assumed that the name was given because of the J10's role in the recently concluded Shaheen exercise

unless there is also PAF Bandit squadron insignia on the model, is there ?
The plaque under the model reads Masroor AB. The station where the 'Bandits' are based. As for the insignia on the model, it is from No.5 squadron, an F16 unit

Last edited:

Yasser76

Mar 28, 2017
Country
United Kingdom

We do not talk of things for years, have press run speculation, or make many annoucements. Work gets quietly done, we induct, than show the world.

Basel

ELITE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2013
Country
Pakistan
IAF Rafales come with a 300km range standoff weapon which can strike very deep into Pakistan from far inside India. Brahmos is also a serious threat in that manner.

Pakistan military doctrine is to mobilise faster, and penetrate ~50km into Indian teritorry, before digging in. Though it recently changed IIRC. Maybe someone who knows more about this can elaborate.

1. F-16/J-10
2. It will be expensive and have a massive RCS, except without the maneuverability of a flanker, which is a useless feature in the 21st century anyway. Oh and we will not get western engines on a JF-17.
Its all about money/funds, the western jet engine from Europe were available since block-2 but issue with EJ-200 engine was that it has more life then the block-2 aircraft and hence expensive.

khanmubashir

Aug 13, 2014
Country
Pakistan
This is Habibie desk during 1990's :lol:

View attachment 711179

Would you suggest Indonesia would buy F117 during that time.......
I don't think paf wanna procure j10 jf17 is sister plane to it aesa pl15 nearly all such systems can be customised onto it

Procuring another 4th generation jet would divert resources from azm program
This is Habibie desk during 1990's :lol:

View attachment 711179

Would you suggest Indonesia would buy F117 during that time.......
I don't think paf wanna procure j10 jf17 is sister plane to it aesa pl15 nearly all such systems can be customised onto it

Procuring another 4th generation jet would divert resources from azm program

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Top Bottom