What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

Ghessan

Feb 28, 2018
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

That is the major weapons world drama for you---. The end user may not chose to disclose a procurement due to prior bad experiences and delays---.
i don't understand what is the purpose of hiding J-10, J-15, JH-7 and what not for so many months.

yes the satellite pictures and the rumors of continuous J-10 production with no delivery to PLAAF rather parked may raise eyebrows.

MystryMan

Nov 10, 2013
Country
Pakistan
50 blk3 and rest 50 36 J10C and 15 twin engine

J10C 36 and probably a twin engine 15 one Sqdn plus 50 blk3 cha cha Haroon was saying 100 fighter jets from China so I did bifurcation let's see
I think this ~100 fighter deal is separate from JF-17. Might be 50+ J-10C and 40+ of other mystery plane.

jupiter2007

Feb 19, 2007
If 3-4$ billions are spare PAF can have Greece like deal from EU and UK used and new typhoons
There are many things to be considered when introducing a new platform, cost (hard cash or loans), availability of spares in case of sanctions, maintenance and operation cost and many other things. You have to understand that buying a aircraft require massive investment and at this point it’s too risking to go with European fighter even if we are getting from 3rd party.

Crimson Blue

New Recruit

Nov 7, 2019
Country
Pakistan
According to Haroon rasheed "Pakistan is about to buy 100 new jets from china in coming days"

There was another bit of information in that video. He said the new jets are coming as replacement of F-16s. Which makes sense as Pakistan wouldn't want to maintain 4 different type of Jets.

Signalian

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Aug 18, 2015
Country
Pakistan
I CAN ALSO SURMISE with reasonable assurance that the US armaments industries will give an arm and a leg to see a Rafale go down against the 16s.
One of the approaches for that to happen would be to release Block-72s. It can happen with a Block-52+ too but has to be a bit tricky,
Only thing available thats equal to Rafale is the Typhoon.
and if the proposition is not to equate but go one step ahead then would a 5th gen a/c suffice ?

Crimson Blue

New Recruit

Nov 7, 2019
Country
Pakistan
I CAN ALSO SURMISE with reasonable assurance that the US armaments industries will give an arm and a leg to see a Rafale go down against the 16s.(contrary to India centric approach the arms industry will look at the profits from such an outcome and frankly no one in the western heirarchy cares whether a few browns take a hit at each other.)
And do they expect us to shoot down Rafale with 1999's AIM-120C5 ?

We have received 500 of AIM-120C5 in 1997, How many of these could still be operational after 14 years?

Raider 21

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Feb 18, 2016
Country
Pakistan

We have received 500 of AIM-120C5 in 1997, How many of these could still be operational after 14 years?
I hope you are not running a high fever or smoking something. Which AMRAAMs made it to Pakistan in 1997.

araz

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Jun 14, 2006

I am unaware of the shelf life of C5s. They were functioning pretty well till lqst year so should not be problematic now. In any case if new planes come they will come with newer armaments and C5s may well be upgraded( if they can !).

Shabi1

Apr 17, 2006
Country
Pakistan
Back in the 1990s, 2 PAF pilots were selected to evaluate the Gripen. Unfortunately it resulted not only being not evaluated, but prevented from being acquired ever due to an arms embargo from Sweden.
Probably a revisit at a later date but according to Retired Air Marshall Shahid Latif he was part of the team that went to Sweden to evaluate the Gripen but their purpose was infact to see its capabilities that needs to be added to the JF-17.

Deino

INT'L MOD
Nov 9, 2014
Country
Germany
@SQ8

IIRC we're probably looking at an initial batch of 32~36 aircraft, if not less.

Not only that, but folks should remember that the PAF broadcast this requirement in 2015-2016, and alluded to by two successive CAS's.

Finally, if we order J-10CEs, it'll come at the cost of something else. The PAF would never commit to less than 90 of a new aircraft type, so those later batches will involve a trade-off. I think we'd likely cap the JF-17s at 188, for a start.
IMO IF - and I'm indeed inclined to slowly revise my previous guess that these J-10Cs at CAC are not for Pakistan (lets call it a feeling!) - this deal goes ahead, then I expect an even larger order of at least enough to equip three if not four squadrons.

This typical Indian procurement to get 36 of type A and then look for another 50 type B or even additional 100 type C makes no sense at all and with this procurement the PAF would receive a tremendous boast of capabilities and consequently would gain additional time for a later introduction of the AZM fighter.

So let's have fingers crossed.

PDF

STAFF
May 1, 2015
Country
Pakistan
IMO IF - and I'm indeed inclined to slowly revise my previous guess that these J-10Cs at CAC are not for Pakistan (lets call it a feeling!) - this deal goes ahead, then I expect an even larger order of at least enough to equip three if not four squadrons.

This typical Indian procurement to get 36 of type A and then look for another 50 type B or even additional 100 type C makes no sense at all and with this procurement the PAF would receive a tremendous boast of capabilities and consequently would gain additional time for a later introduction of the AZM fighter.

So let's have fingers crossed.
I have finally lived to see the day where Deino is optimistic and positive!

9k=(10).jpg

I can die in peace now.

PakShaheen79

Sep 5, 2007
Country
Pakistan
Just Great!

First Pakistan excelled in creating strategic ambiguity about our strategic nuclear program and MashaAllah over the years we have master this craft to such an extent that now our nation gets confused whenever someone in armed forces decides to play naughty.

Masoomana Question; what happened to those Egyptian HORUS Mirages? Get a cue from that.

PAF is not stupid. Unless we have concrete data about the evaluation of Block-IIIs, there is simply no way to find out the remaining spaces which needs to be addressed through acquisition of a new platform. This is not as buying a new pair of shoes. It's about national security.

So take a chill pill and wait for Block-IIIs as that's all we are going to induct in next 3-4 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom