What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

Jan 3, 2020
Country
Pakistan
And since forums run on spice, I can add one tiny thing to it, that J-10CE will be 'just' one part of the entire deal. There's a reason why this has taken this long.
I know what you are talking about.....perhaps.

I gave a my worth's of why the J-10C is a potential for PAF and made it understandable for every one and there was another one which I also mentioned with a couple of curveballs lets see what happens.

StructE

New Recruit

May 17, 2019
Country
United States
Deliveries Chengdu J-10C seems to have been stopped.

A visit to Chengdu Aerospace Corporation (CAC) at Chengdu/Huangtianba (China) early January 2021 revealed that deliveries of the Chengdu J-10C fighter aircraft to the People's Liberation Army - Air Force (PLAAF, China Air Force) seem to have stopped.

Over thirty J-10Cs were noted outside on the tarmac, fully covered by camouflage tarpaulin waiting for things to come. Google Earth shows only a dozen, but that is the situation as it was in February 2020.

Also, during the visit in January, it became clear that production of the Chengdu J-20 is in full swing, with aircraft for the 1st Brigade at Anshan being produced (serials 61x2x), where they will replace the Shenyang J-11s.

Without delving too much in to the speculation of this snippet, it seems like quite a few birds were ready for delivery, quantity and timing matches to the rest of the rumor/gossip trickling out.

araz

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Jun 14, 2006
Aye! Our whole national history doesn't sit well with the Westerners. One reason Jimmy Carter saw Pakistan as a lesser state compared to India was because of Pakistan's less-than-perfect democracy, track record of military coups, and a hybrid regime structure. The Americans like them dictators though. They good enough for short-term dealings & later for dumping. Its easier to muster up moral argument for that. But hybrid regimes; no, no, no. That aside, a particular problem with Sweden is its "Mr. Goody Two Shoes" foreign policy where it insists on not selling offensive weapon systems to countries with a bad track record of conflict. On the other hand, when they saw all those Indian MMRCA $$$$ they bowed & offered Gripen to them. But, I understand they had previously also given some space to Pakistan in early-mid 2000s to consider the aircraft. This was when Erieyes were being procured.

For me personally, both Gripen & J-10C don't make any sense, if that's what is being considered. Unfortunately, we are in no habit of making the weapons requirements public so we would never know as to what requirement/purpose they are to fulfill. Lest we forget, France is the least reliable of all the arms suppliers for Pakistan now & they have a share in the Airbus, which has shares in MBDA. Although I am unsure of France's political clout within the Airbus/MBDA but we must consider the implications of their politicking on behalf of India to prevent sales of key weapon systems like Meteor & Mica A2A missiles. Perhaps, you can pitch in something here, Bilal? As for the J-10, as I keep saying, what's the point of having Chota Bhai, Bara Bhai (little brother, older brother aka JF-17 & J-10C) configuration?
I would agree with you, @Tipu7 and @kursed in this matter. The J10 in my view is to entice the US to play ball on the F16s issue. I have no source inside but whereas 16s make economic sense on account of commonality and available manpower and infrastructure along with maturity of its weapon system J10 does not. There maybe other reasons for going for J10 but unless the deal is too sweet to ignore I would advise against
As always this remains my opinion and therefore totally unreliable.
A

ziaulislam

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 22, 2010
Country
Pakistan
I would agree with you, @Tipu7 and @kursed in this matter. The J10 in my view is to entice the US to play ball on the F16s issue. I have no source inside but whereas 16s make economic sense on account of commonality and available manpower and infrastructure along with maturity of its weapon system J10 does not. There maybe other reasons for going for J10 but unless the deal is too sweet to ignore I would advise against
A
Probabaly it was startegic reason to get it
May be chinese asked for it or it was too sweat to refuse
Deliveries Chengdu J-10C seems to have been stopped.

A visit to Chengdu Aerospace Corporation (CAC) at Chengdu/Huangtianba (China) early January 2021 revealed that deliveries of the Chengdu J-10C fighter aircraft to the People's Liberation Army - Air Force (PLAAF, China Air Force) seem to have stopped.

Over thirty J-10Cs were noted outside on the tarmac, fully covered by camouflage tarpaulin waiting for things to come. Google Earth shows only a dozen, but that is the situation as it was in February 2020.

Also, during the visit in January, it became clear that production of the Chengdu J-20 is in full swing, with aircraft for the 1st Brigade at Anshan being produced (serials 61x2x), where they will replace the Shenyang J-11s.

Without delving too much in to the speculation of this snippet, it seems like quite a few birds were ready for delivery, quantity and timing matches to the rest of the rumor/gossip trickling out.
What abt f7..why are they replacing j11

jupiter2007

BANNED
Feb 19, 2007
1611464577011.png

Maybe PAF know that they won’t be able to get new F-16s or just f*king with Uncle Sam. Letting them know that you can’t blackmail us and we have other options.

Last edited:

kursed

Mar 21, 2007
A
There's a part of me that used to think the same, practically saw no use for J-10 in our lineup, given our resources. But then, if we do not have access to things like long-range sticks, a new-gen highspeed DL, tried and tested AESA radar, new-gen EW systems - then essentially do we even have a choice anymore? For all intents and purposes, if Modi gov continues to stay at the helm, we can anticipate another skirmish (or God forbid a war) within a few years if not immediately in the near future.

SABRE

Apr 16, 2007
Country
Pakistan
A
Top of my head, PAF might be interested acquiring some units of J-10s equipped with AESA & able to launch PL-15 as an interim acquisition against Rafale. This would make sense as it would take sometime to have JF-17-Blk-III in sufficient numbers and in operational role. Your view of 'enticing the U.S.' also plays well into the equation. But the question is, does the U.S. care anymore? Even though we fell in line with the American wishes on Afghanistan peace process we failed to gain anything economically or militarily during the Trump presidency. Democrats are even hard candy to bite.

Last edited:

HRK

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Sep 24, 2010
Country
Pakistan
Don’t ask a question of me if you cannot stand the truth. Deleting a simple comment stating reality of PAF today seems to be overbearing for the handlers of this forum. I am seriously thinking if it is worthwhile being active here or sharing accurate information because PDF is simply becoming a puppet/ tool of false information and propaganda by certain quarters.
kya ho gaya bhai .... y u seem angry ?

Trailer23

Jun 2, 2012
Country
Pakistan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Top Bottom