What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

Xone

Oct 13, 2019
Country
Pakistan
Naval stealth jet (almost certain)
New heavy attack chopper (almost certain)
Tatical stealth bomber (50:50)
H20 (50:50)
Any more details would be welcomed.
These new acquisitions will turn Pakistan Navy into a formidable force to reckon with in the Indian Ocean. Pakistan Navy will progress from defensive force into an offensive force capable of performing its due role of safeguarding CPEC. and its own EEZ and sea lines.

Ahmet Pasha

BANNED
May 23, 2017
Country
Pakistan
These new acquisitions will turn Pakistan Navy into a formidable force to reckon with in the Indian Ocean. Pakistan Navy will progress from defensive force into an offensive force capable of performing its due role of safeguarding CPEC. and its own EEZ and sea lines.
For helicopters we should go with TAI.

Deino

INT'L MOD
Nov 9, 2014
Country
Germany

I think you are over-hyping something you misunderstood: @IblinI noted, that " next year will be an interesting year for our aviation industry" with OUR meaning Chinese aviation industry.
As such these four new types he expects to see will be for the PLAAF and surely not - in most cases never - for the PAF so that there won't be any "new acquisitions will turn Pakistan Navy into a formidable force; at least not the new tatical stealth bomber, never ever the H20, unlikely the naval stealth jet J-35 (at best as a export variant) and surely not for long the new heavy attack chopper.

python-000

Sep 8, 2017
Country
Pakistan
I think you are over-hyping something you misunderstood: @IblinI noted, that " next year will be an interesting year for our aviation industry" with OUR meaning Chinese aviation industry.
As such these four new types he expects to see will be for the PLAAF and surely not - in most cases never - for the PAF so that there won't be any "new acquisitions will turn Pakistan Navy into a formidable force; at least not the new tatical stealth bomber, never ever the H20, unlikely the naval stealth jet J-35 (at best as a export variant) and surely not for long the new heavy attack chopper.
J-31/J-35 is the best option for PAF & PN...

Deino

INT'L MOD
Nov 9, 2014
Country
Germany
J-31/J-35 is the best option for PAF & PN...

I agree ... in the long-term it surely is, even if a more-indigenous AZM would further strengthen Pakistan's aviation industry and overall capabilities. The question remains, how soon could such a type be available at what cost and will the PAF - IMO highly likely - purchase an interim type for which I see the J-10C as the best option.

python-000

Sep 8, 2017
Country
Pakistan
I agree ... in the long-term it surely is, even if a more-indigenous AZM would further strengthen Pakistan's aviation industry and overall capabilities. The question remains, how soon could such a type be available at what cost and will the PAF - IMO highly likely - purchase an interim type for which I see the J-10C as the best option.
Yes from this you are absolutly right as a non stealhty J-10C is the best option...

Neurath

Sep 19, 2020
Country
Pakistan
I want to know guys did you settled on one jet. Please make it quick so that Air HQ can go shopping right off.
Honestly after looking at everything, there is no option for the PAF right now in the market to counter the rafale. This thread is going in circles now.
J-10 has capabilities but still not as good.
J-11 and J-16 not possible
Anything else from the West is not possible due to obvious reasons.
F-16V possibility exists but not sure.
On the eastern side:
Su-57, might not come also PAF isn't really into Russian jets
J-20, sorry but China doesn't sell it.

Only 2 proper jets that have the proper capability to counter rafale

i) TAI TF-X (development)
ii) J-31 (development)
Best option is to wait till 2025 or something, till then I guess we have to stay away from those naughty rafales.

Marker

Dec 31, 2019
Country
Pakistan
Honestly after looking at everything, there is no option for the PAF right now in the market to counter the rafale. This thread is going in circles now.
On the eastern side:

ii) J-31 (development)
Best option is to wait till 2025 or something, till then I guess we have to stay away from those naughty rafales.
Why Rafale is a threat to PAF which cannot be countered with the existing PAF capabilities?

Fully equipped JF-17 Blk 3s will be more than a match to IAF Rafales.

Glaiviator

New Recruit

Sep 24, 2020
Country
Pakistan
On the eastern side:

ii) J-31 (development)
Most likely is J-10C. It may not be superior to Rafale in every way, but it's capabilities do make it quite competitive against the Rafale, so it's within the same league as it, which would be good enough for now, especially if we can manage to have them in greater numbers. The JF-17 Block-3 would also be competetive, but to a lesser degree and we don't know how many of those we'll have in the PAF within the next 1.5 years, as that's when the Rafales will start becoming an active threat.

alphapak

Nov 22, 2017
Country
Pakistan
Why Rafale is a threat to PAF which cannot be countered with the existing PAF capabilities?

Jf 17 Block 3's are delayed or am I missing something?

Neurath

Sep 19, 2020
Country
Pakistan
Most likely is J-10C. It may not be superior to Rafale in every way, but it's capabilities do make it quite competitive against the Rafale, so it's within the same league as it, which would be good enough for now, especially if we can manage to have them in greater numbers. The JF-17 Block-3 would also be competetive, but to a lesser degree and we don't know how many of those we'll have in the PAF within the next 1.5 years, as that's when the Rafales will start becoming an active threat.
Honestly, I think these aircraft, by which I mean BLK3 and J10 would serve as the other aircraft of the PAF meant to fight other good fighters of the IAF such as Su-30s.
For Rafale, PAF will probably go for something special, by which I mean 5th Generation. Either it will be whatever comes out of Azm, either it will be J-31 which is superior to rafale in multiple aspects, or either it would be the TAI TF-X.

But Rafale will be able to detect Thunder early and shoot missile already. By the time our pilots will detect rafale, they'll have a missile behind them. Range of Rafale's AESA is more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Military Forum Latest Posts

Top Bottom