What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

mingle

Apr 4, 2015
Country
Pakistan
Pakistans option left to J-10C and retired Eurofighter Typhoon trance two or three version if budget permit before getting hands on home grown AZAM or other fifth generations fighters.
Yes J10C is coming from 36-46 in numbers
Pakistans option left to J-10C and retired Eurofighter Typhoon trance two or three version if budget permit before getting hands on home grown AZAM or other fifth generations fighters.
My interest is are these gonna replace Non Rose Mirages or new Sqdn will be raise let's see my two cents Non rose mirages will retire

Last edited by a moderator:

Raider 21

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Feb 18, 2016
Country
Pakistan
There is a panel working on the J-10 deal. It is in urgency for the Rafale threat. Khafee is right

PDF

STAFF
May 1, 2015
Country
Pakistan
There is a panel working on the J-10 deal. It is in urgency for the Rafale threat. Khafee is right
We knew Rafales were coming. We also know they have 200+ MKIs, not to mention Mig-29Ks, Mirages, and at lower end, Mig-21 Bison and Jaguars. Even without Rafales, we didn't had a lot to counter the threat from IAF. Now when Rafale deal was signed by India, we should have taken a decision and plan of action. Our hope for eventually securing F-16s from U.S is coming at a great cost. Even though, we are relatively closer the get them, it looks like we can't wait any longer. And if we choose J-10, it will vividly show the direction PAF has taken.

ziaulislam

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 22, 2010
Country
Pakistan
retired typhoons are too expensive to operate as simple as that ..
so i am betting either j10, or f16s...if not then nothing ..

Black.Mamba

Oct 16, 2020
Country
Pakistan
retired typhoons are too expensive to operate as simple as that ..
so i am betting either j10, or f16s...if not then nothing ..
I do not understand all the people who even have a slightest hope that we will get F16s, it is not even a matter of money anymore (if we even offer to pay double the price still we cant get it) Period.

The Eagle

SENIOR MODERATOR
Oct 15, 2015
Country
Pakistan
Now when Rafale deal was signed by India, we should have taken a decision and plan of action.
May be, Pakistan was already in discussion but on the same time had to read enemy with the weapons so that necessary goodies can be selected like tailor made version as per need & doctrine of PAF alone. Who knows but surely, Pakistan or China keeps things under wraps and secrete till the time comes. As if these talks have been taking place, one can relate riddling statements by officials from time to time.

We have been hearing that how PAF personnel been enjoying the rides so going by the same non-verified references; both sides have 2 or 3 years for experience and integration. Given the history, PAF has the competence to absorb new tech and adopt platform quickly in surprising manners. However, all that depends on a big IF that PAF decides to go for J-10 while I am in no position to claim anything.
I do not understand all the people who even have a slightest hope that we will get F16s, it is not even a matter of money anymore (if we even offer to pay double the price still we cant get it) Period.
Never say never. This is all about diplomacy & geopolitics. Who knows what happens next unless someone is part of the office that holds the real info.

mingle

Apr 4, 2015
Country
Pakistan
We knew Rafales were coming. We also know they have 200+ MKIs, not to mention Mig-29Ks, Mirages, and at lower end, Mig-21 Bison and Jaguars. Even without Rafales, we didn't had a lot to counter the threat from IAF. Now when Rafale deal was signed by India, we should have taken a decision and plan of action. Our hope for eventually securing F-16s from U.S is coming at a great cost. Even though, we are relatively closer the get them, it looks like we can't wait any longer. And if we choose J-10, it will vividly show the direction PAF has taken.
Good point but I am still hopeful for at least V upgrades for our current F16s with AIM120D otherwise PAF should look replacement for older F16s in next 10yrs or So better try to get V upgrades which I am confident PAF will get it.

Trailer23

Jun 2, 2012
Country
Pakistan
If this statement was made a couple of weeks back - I would have most certainly disagreed with you.

But the situation has...shifted - for the worse.

I think everyone here is smart enough to figure out what the current position Pakistan has been put into.

I'm not pinning my hopes on any particular jet like the rumors that are going about. I will say this that its become even more clear which camp we're going to be moving from here on.

A lot of people stated that the J-10 is the Aircraft the PAF rejected. But just because it was rejected in the past, doesn't mean it hasn't been re-visited in present times.

I've said this in the past that the JF-17 is a great Aircraft & one that we should (all) be proud of - regardless the Block. But even if the Block III is similar to the J-10, one can't deny what the J-10 brings to table in Size, EW and most important weapons load.

It was a entire year back when we saw the first images of what appeared to be the Block III. Since then, not a peep. Even if we are to hear something about it in the no-so-distant future - its not like we'll be pumping 'em out of the Factory like soda cans.

Pakistan/PAF better get their sh!t togther 'cause the heat is 'ON'. A huge order (in the form of loans) from China will...
a. Do wonders
b. Make a big statement.

If history has taught us anything, its Democrats have always been against Pakistan, so the hopes of F-16's is nothing more than a pipe-dream. And i'm not even talking about the Block 72's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 11, Members: 2, Guests: 9)

Top Bottom