What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

mingle

Apr 4, 2015
Country
Pakistan
J-10s are coming, that is a done deal (or so I speculate). I am just hoping its a J-10x rather than the J-10C.

And I am holding out for PMIK to make a fast deal with Trump before this term ends for second hand F-16s. This is more of a wish than something practical but one never knows.

PAF is very seriously preparing for Round 2. Sure enough, that is coming. And if you ask me, more than just another 27th. I think we may see an Azerbaijan like situation even.
Unless Modi is PM there is no chance of peace

Arsalan 345

Nov 19, 2016
Country
Pakistan
One thing we must see is where COAS visiting and observing war readiness those areas are more under threat from enemy.
India is growing and growing fast. Economy matters. Gap is increasing day by day and hence the courage of India. I still can't believe that they dropped bombs on our land and we still released their pilot. Yesterday their awacs was flying near bikaner. Too much activity.
Strange situation of lac as well. It looks like China wanted a war but now trying to maintain new status quo. Indian government,indian nsa all share same thought that they have to hurt pakistan just to hurt China. Look at our internal situation. We are fighting multiple fronts. We must send more army near loc.

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2011
Country
Pakistan
Chaddo Chaudhary Sahaaaaab, jin ko Bay ki b*nd ka nahi pata woh marjaiengay.
Sir please tell. India will soon get more Rafales and eventually it would get all 36. And the way I have understood modi I am pretty sure final number of Rafale will be around 100. Therefore we need to answer them. So what answer PAF has planned or we would get to know about it just like VT 4.

Blacklight

PROFESSIONAL
Apr 9, 2017
Country
Pakistan
Sir please tell. India will soon get more Rafales and eventually it would get all 36. And the way I have understood modi I am pretty sure final number of Rafale will be around 100. Therefore we need to answer them. So what answer PAF has planned or we would get to know about it just like VT 4.
VT4 style - is the new norm.

ziaulislam

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 22, 2010
Country
Pakistan
J-10s are coming, that is a done deal (or so I speculate). I am just hoping its a J-10x rather than the J-10C.

And I am holding out for PMIK to make a fast deal with Trump before this term ends for second hand F-16s. This is more of a wish than something practical but one never knows.

PAF is very seriously preparing for Round 2. Sure enough, that is coming. And if you ask me, more than just another 27th. I think we may see an Azerbaijan like situation even.
All he needs is waiver & then pay for used f16s
IMO its foolish to wait for CSF ..congress wont approve it in this era..better ask trump to use his executive powers in debt relief etc

ziaulislam

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 22, 2010
Country
Pakistan
There is not a single official PAF statement anywhere about getting multiple new platforms.

The PAF sought one new aircraft in 2016, and its choices were: F-16, Typhoon, Gripen, Su-35, MiG-35, and J-10.

Based on what some credible folks here are saying, the PAF chose the J-10CE. In all likelihood, there will be no additional F-16s, and, quite possibly, no new JF-17s after the 26 JF-17Bs and 50 Block-3s.

The PAF likely won't use the J-10CE for deep-strike. The Chinese did not configure the J-10CE for that role (as they have other aircraft to take up strike work). The PAF is seeking it to take on Rafale and upgraded Sukhois.

Ironically, the JF-17 may be a main strike asset via the Ra'ad II and REK. I think this would make a lot of sense because (1) the industry is making lightweight and compact long-range munitions and (2) the J-10CE would be in place to offer top cover. This will likely be the arrangement until Project AZM comes online.

If AvRID is using the YF-23 as a 'reference point,' then I think Project AZM could be a fighter with a max take-off-weight of 30,000+ kg. This aircraft will likely be the PAF's ideal strike platform. In the future, the J-10CE and AZM would work together to form the offensive arm of the PAF.
I think f16s wont come unless used ones are offer. They might be taken to keep numbers..but huge funds wont be spent on f16s
Jf17 will probably be production till 2035 till azm starts and hence a slow production and further orders are expected even from PAF

Armchair

Jun 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
All he needs is waiver & then pay for used f16s
IMO its foolish to wait for CSF ..congress wont approve it in this era..better ask trump to use his executive powers in debt relief etc
Exactly. PAF always seems to lack an understanding of politics. They think that because some white dudes in uniform became their "friend", they are now half gora and can manage things with their " friends".
This is the goat herder mindset and gets Pak in trouble time and time again.

Neurath

Sep 19, 2020
Country
Pakistan
I know India wants 126 rafales, but here's the thing, they won't be getting them. They're economy is fucked up right now, most people would want food and water instead of a french fighter.
I won't be surprised if there's a communist revolution in India by the 40% population in poverty and their supporters.

araz

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Jun 14, 2006
Exactly. PAF always seems to lack an understanding of politics. They think that because some white dudes in uniform became their "friend", they are now half gora and can manage things with their " friends".
This is the goat herder mindset and gets Pak in trouble time and time again.
It is internet warriors who do not understand. PAF has always looked at 16s as a bonus but not expected any. I suspect at some stage the USA admin might try that once again to maintain some control but if J10s are acquired then it will clarify PAF position once and for all.
A

Last edited:

mdmm

Apr 17, 2009
Country
Pakistan
Hi,
Thank you very much for answer to my questions.
Analyst from overseas told that all agreements between Pakistan and China are always under table and there is no proof of any major deal in the past. Both announce when it comes on front side.
However Pakistan is getting ready for indian attack on North(Laddakh,Gilgat) and south (Gwader). Delivery of JF17-3 will take more times. To deal with current emergency, Pak is getting J10-C to deal Indian attack, like got VT4 and drones.

Last edited:

Akh1112

Nov 21, 2019
Country
Pakistan
Hi,
Thank you very much for answer to my questions.
Analyst from overseas told that all agreements between Pakistan and China are always under table and there is no proof of any major deal in the past. Both announce when it comes on front side.
However Pakistan is getting ready for indian attack on North(Laddakh,Gilgat) and south (Gwader). Delivery of JF17-3 will take more times. To deal with current emergency, Pak is getting J-11C to deal Indian attack, like got VT4 and drones.

If delivery time or this potential attack was truly a concern, PAC would not cut production capacity in half to make space for export orders. This is completely illogical and just scaremongering/BS tbh

Neurath

Sep 19, 2020
Country
Pakistan
If delivery time or this potential attack was truly a concern, PAC would not cut production capacity in half to make space for export orders. This is completely illogical and just scaremongering/BS tbh
I agree, if an attack is coming then the budget would've likely been increased by the government as this is an emergency and existential threat. Pakistan would've already started receiving Chinese aircraft and would've placed a large order, not a few J10s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 2, Guests: 2)

Top Bottom