What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

SABRE

Apr 16, 2007
Country
Pakistan
We need to replace older mirage and F-7s, total 150+ planes, and all of them have to be replaced within 5 to 8 years. Due to JF-17 slow production, we can’t replace them in reasonable time and need another 4 generation platform to replace them. If USA allow 60+ surplus F-16s, we don’t have to go for J-10C but we all know that USA won’t do that. What other options do we have?
I do not think there will be any dealing on F-16 prior to the U.S. elections. So, if PAF is aiming for new F-16s it might be in 2021 or after. If the deal goes through 2021-2022 we might be looking at first delivery in 2025 onward. Considering the timings and technologies F-16s would only be of value if they are Block-70.

Blacklight

PROFESSIONAL
Apr 9, 2017
Country
Pakistan
I do not think there will be any dealing on F-16 prior to the U.S. elections. So, if PAF is aiming for new F-16s it might be in 2021 or after. If the deal goes through 2021-2022 we might be looking at first delivery in 2025 onward. Considering the timings and technologies F-16s would only be of value if they are Block-70.
I think a lot has happened, and more will happen before elections.

Just my two cents :D

The Eagle

SENIOR MODERATOR
Oct 15, 2015
Country
Pakistan
India already made a move ala Rafale induction. On other hand, PAF shown only one picture of JF-17 Block-III flying for the first time. Regardless of all, the final product isn't revealed similar to how you never show your cards. Till the last move, there's light at the end of tunnel so the hopes are high. Speaking of tunnel, do not look at things in tunnel vision instead, keep going.

Incoming & hot.

Scorpiooo

Apr 22, 2020
Country
Pakistan
I think a lot has happened, and more will happen before elections.

Just my two cents :D
Interesting, so you assume something positive and actual happening before .. election

In context of vipers only or some others assets aswell ?

Neurath

Sep 19, 2020
Country
Pakistan
Biden may give us our stuff. Historically, its been the republicans who sell us the cool American tech and the dems who appose it but Trump's been very not nice to pakistan by cutting aid and stuff. Its only a speculation, might not happen.

mdmm

Apr 17, 2009
Country
Pakistan
Brothers.
Did Pakistan signed a deal with China for buying J-10 C ??
OR Negotiating for deal now ??

Xone

Oct 13, 2019
Country
Pakistan
Brothers.
Nothing is publically known at present, a lot of guesswork is on especially in social media, some even got J-10 already in Pakistan.

Armchair

Jun 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
J-10s are coming, that is a done deal (or so I speculate). I am just hoping its a J-10x rather than the J-10C.

And I am holding out for PMIK to make a fast deal with Trump before this term ends for second hand F-16s. This is more of a wish than something practical but one never knows.

PAF is very seriously preparing for Round 2. Sure enough, that is coming. And if you ask me, more than just another 27th. I think we may see an Azerbaijan like situation even.

Muhammad Omar

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 3, 2014
Country
Pakistan
Brothers.
No one knows about the deals as Pakistan Army didn't make it public about VT4 tank procurement until few weeks ago when everyone saw the VT4

Same like Navy news about 20 major vessels etc so until officially announced everything is either assumptions or imaginations

Basel

ELITE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2013
Country
Pakistan
Their awacs activity is mostly in Rajasthan and indian Punjab.sindh is important because we have to handle Arabian ocean as well. They can enter from any direction and it looks like that they have planned something but need intelligence before actual attack. They will surely hurt pakistan because they want to hurt China. They know they can't do anything in ladakh so they will hurt us.they still remember humiliation on feb27. They changed everything during this time period. Better data links,new missiles and new jets. They were preparing for another round of aerial battle. Now they are prepared.
One thing we must see is where COAS visiting and observing war readiness those areas are more under threat from enemy.

Xone

Oct 13, 2019
Country
Pakistan
No one knows about the deals as Pakistan Army didn't make it public about VT4 tank procurement until few weeks ago when everyone saw the VT4

Same like Navy news about 20 major vessels etc so until officially announced everything is either assumptions or imaginations
if it is so, I would wish for the carrier at least for PN, as the hearsay further tells about j-15 and JH-7 besides F-16, nothing is from any reliable resources except mere speculations and wish lists for the last many months. after so many pages nothing is on the ground nor on the paper. still, some honorable members are hoping miraculously for something out of the blue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Top Bottom