• Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Multiple fronts for Jinnah’s Pakistan: YLH

Discussion in 'Pakistani Siasat' started by SoulSpokesman, Dec 4, 2017.

1. SoulSpokesman

SoulSpokesman FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 408 / -3
    India
    Kaptaan sb,

As an Indian I should have no say in this matter. But if you ask my personal opinion #1 is the most stable and doable option.

Regards

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Joe Shearer

Joe Shearer PROFESSIONAL

Ratings:
    +101 / 26,951 / -0
    India
    Precise and to the point. I am unashamedly of the YLH school of thought, that Jinnah intended to create a Westminster democracy where Muslim Indians could breathe freely.

Personally I believe that Liaqat Ali Khan's skirmishes with the Congress got the Congress so fed up that they landed up stone-walling the Muslim League; the Cabinet Mission plan adopted by both Jinnah and Nehru was gutted by their refusal to countenance any kind of collaborative effort; Nehru found himself half-guiltily half-relievedly denying the right of each bloc to determine the voting of its delegates to the Constituent Assembly; an enfeebled, desperately ill Jinnah gave up the struggle and opted for partition, never dreaming what would ensue.

This stemmed from the basic contradiction within Muslim India, where the liberals manned the Muslim League and backed Jinnah, and the fundamentalists, led by the Deoband School, and with the writing of Maududi to inspire them, and the public leadership of Maulana Azad to look up to, opposed Pakistan. After Pakistan became fact, these fundamentalists then jumped onto the bandwagon, and took to the kind of riotous action that we recently saw at Faizabad, and started the whole cycle of violence.

@SoulSpokesman, did I leave out any point?

Chief, #3 at the time of partition; unmistakably #1 today. It makes perfect sense, even though anachronistic. As @SoulSpokesman put it, most stable and doable. It has every opportunity of becoming a nation-state in the true sense of the term.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. SoulSpokesman

Ratings:
    +0 / 408 / -3
    India
    Dada,

Fundamentally I agree with you. But besides the personalities involved there were deep seated insecurities/anxieties on both sides of the religious divide, which were beyond the capability of either Chacha or Jinnah sahib to bridge.

Regards

4. Kaptaan

Kaptaan PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT

Ratings:
    +146 / 18,362 / -5
    Pakistan
    I leave you gentlemen for now. Work demands pull me away but I look forward to discussing this with you guys in the evening after suitably fortiefied with a meal and cup of hot chai.

5. T-123456

T-123456 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9 / 15,019 / -0
    Turkey
    I have read everything about Jinnah so,yes i knew.
    He wanted what we have,a secular democracy where religion is controlled by the state(Diyanet isleri bakanligi,ministry of religious affairs) and no-one else,no radicals of any kind(Ataturk hanged them),a modern progressive society.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  6. SoulSpokesman

Ratings:
    +0 / 408 / -3
    India
    T-123456

I beg to differ with you on one point:

where religion is controlled by the state

Our beloved Qaid wanted a state which neither controlled religion; nor was controlled by it.

Regards

7. T-123456

T-123456 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9 / 15,019 / -0
    Turkey
    If you dont control my religion(which means,control the clerics,sheiks,religious leaders),the ME mess,Afghanistan,Libya,Somalia,Mali,Northern Nigeria,Tchad etc is what happens.

8. Joe Shearer

Joe Shearer PROFESSIONAL

Ratings:
    +101 / 26,951 / -0
    India
    In that respect, he displayed his innate understanding of the secular concept. While I violently disagree with your disparagement of Nehru, it has to be admitted that in this respect, Jinnah had 'got it', Nehru had not. His all-inclusive approach to secularism was bad for the state and left room for a revolt born of sickness with the hypocrisy that soon crept in, whereas Jinnah's austere brand would have led to a purely clinical view of religion in administrative circles.

We eagerly look forward to that.

9. MBT 3000

MBT 3000 FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 46 / -0
    Norway
    looks like islam won

lol lot of secularist Garbage here :sarcastic::omghaha: