What's new

MoD Declares Future Plans For Bangladesh Navy

The Ronin

BANNED
Mar 24, 2017
Country
Bangladesh
The Ministry of Defense, Bangladesh has declared new procurement plans for the Bangladesh Navy. The MoD plans to buy or build locally two off-shore patrol vessels (OPV), two mine counter measure vessels (MCMV), three landing craft tank (LCTs), three diving boats, one submarine support and rescue vessel, one logistic support ship, one ocean going tug vessel, one floating dry dock, one oil tanker, one oceanographic research vessel and one landing platform dock (LPD).

MoD also states that in future, BN will develop mine, torpedo, naval gun and construct an EW center. Previously PM Sheikh Hasina declared that BN will develop mine, torpedo and naval gun. In a video conference during 6th Defense Port Turkey in Bangladesh, an officer from Bangladesh Navy stated intention to induct LHD in BN's fleet.

PC- Defense Technology Bangladesh-DTB

1618983051168.png

Last edited:

Michael Corleone

ELITE MEMBER
Oct 27, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
The Ministry of Defense, Bangladesh has declared new procurement plans for the Bangladesh Navy. The MoD plans to buy or build locally two off-shore patrol vessels (OPV), two mine counter measure vessels (MCMV), three landing craft tank (LCTs), three diving boats, one submarine support and rescue vessel, one logistic support ship, one ocean going tug vessel, one floating dry dock, one oil tanker, one oceanographic research vessel and one landing platform dock (LPD).

MoD also states that in future, BN will develop mine, torpedo, naval gun and construct an EW center. Previously PM Sheikh Hasina declared that BN will develop mine, torpedo and naval gun. In a video conference during 6th Defense Port Turkey in Bangladesh, an officer from Bangladesh Navy stated intention to induct LPD in BN's fleet.

View attachment 736012
Nice. I thought the 6 frigate project stalled, good to see it in progress

UDAYCAMPUS

May 7, 2011
Country
India

MoD also states that in future, BN will develop mine, torpedo, naval gun and construct an EW center. Previously PM Sheikh Hasina declared that BN will develop mine, torpedo and naval gun. In a video conference during 6th Defense Port Turkey in Bangladesh, an officer from Bangladesh Navy stated intention to induct LHD in BN's fleet.

View attachment 736012
I see LPDs and LCTs mentioned. LHDs are much larger right? Helicopter carriers?

F-6 enthusiast

Feb 27, 2021
Country
Bangladesh
Nice. I thought the 6 frigate project stalled, good to see it in progress
Is BN meant to build these frigates (high performance frigates) or purchase them ?
I hope a design is chosen that provides greater range than any existing BN frigates. VLS and SAMs would also be important.
Has the Navy chosen their anti-submarine helicopter yet ? Seems to be taking their time

leonblack08

Dec 9, 2008
Country
Bangladesh
Is BN meant to build these frigates (high performance frigates) or purchase them ?
I hope a design is chosen that provides greater range than any existing BN frigates. VLS and SAMs would also be important.
Has the Navy chosen their anti-submarine helicopter yet ? Seems to be taking their time
They are building them in Chittagong Dry Dock, per the update from MOD.

Not sure on the specifications though. I also hope there is VLS.

F-6 enthusiast

Feb 27, 2021
Country
Bangladesh
They are building them in Chittagong Dry Dock, per the update from MOD.

Not sure on the specifications though. I also hope there is VLS.
They haven't chosen a design yet. Need to hurry up
oceanographic research vessel
will it have the ability to carry out hydrocarbon exploration ?

EDIT: nevermind , apparently oceanographic vessel cannot be used for oil exploratio, they need some kind of Drill to do that

Michael Corleone

ELITE MEMBER
Oct 27, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
Man they’ll end up with Chinese design. 🤷🏻‍♂️
unless they choose Netherlands one
The dock has no changes I don’t know when they plan to build or is it backlogged for a couple years

T-SaGe

Feb 25, 2021
Country
Turkey

SEFT Design LANDING SHIP TANK 110
dsfdfgdfg.JPG

ADIK LST (Bayraktar Class)

Delta Marine LPD
456457.JPG

resim_2021-04-21_231728.png

Istanbul Shipyard's solution for Malaysia Multi-Role Support Ship tender

TAIS (ADIK) LPHD Solution
lphd.JPG

lphd-2.JPG

Sedef Shipyard LHD (Anadolu)

RMK Marine LHD

mb444

Apr 18, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
What use will a helicopter carrier serve in BN?

In my mind very little. I assume its primary aim would be in anti submarine role.

We should spend resources in building up a sizable submarine fleet of our own as that would be a greater deterrence than a helio carrier

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom