• Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Featured Members Interview: Niaz

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by WAJsal, Jan 23, 2017.

1. WebMaster

WebMaster ADMINISTRATOR

Ratings:
    +3 / 2,616 / -0
    Pakistan
    Great read like most of your posts.

Thanks for sharing!

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  2. pakistani342

pakistani342 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8 / 3,036 / -2
    United States
    Thank you for your kind words

I'm taking a hiatus from Afghanistan -- these days I kinda feel sorry for Afghanistan and Afghans

It looks like one round of the game has come to an end -- a new one seems about to begin :-/ -- more misery more misery

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  3. django

django ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8 / 20,846 / -0
    Pakistan
    @WAJsal How about an interview with @Nilgiri , a very talented and bright individual indeed.Kudos

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  4. Nilgiri

Nilgiri ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +75 / 42,953 / -10
    India
    Wow excellent thread. Thanks for tagging me here, I am reading it slowly now heh. Lots of good stuff.

There are like dozens of members that should be interviewed like this before me I feel.

I would like to give a special thanks to @niaz for being so detailed in his responses, it felt like I am in a different era reading them. Also really excellent initiative by @WAJsal, @Zaki and whoever else involved and great question prep/flow!

I would like to see more of this kind of quality efforts on PDF to make a good counter-current from the usual threads that are populating the forum more and more it seems.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 5
  5. unleashed

unleashed FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 974 / -0
    Pakistan
    What a great effort boys. I must say it was one of the best reads of PDF since i join this forum. I hope you guys will keep up the good work and interview some more PDF veteran. I am not a questionnaire expert, however, i would suggest you to include some more questions regarding contemporary issues/developments of Pakistan. As you did include question regarding CPEC.

@WAJsal , @Zaki

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. saaju

saaju FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 386 / -0
    Pakistan
    Excellent interview and initiative ..

7. sarosh yakoob mehdi

sarosh yakoob mehdi FULL MEMBER

New Recruit

Ratings:
    +0 / 11 / -0
    Pakistan
    I do not have words to appreciate such brutal but true writing. Thanks for taking us through the path of history in a sequential way. The impact is 4 folds. Leaves us in a deep thought as to what can we contribute now to save our dream, our Pakistan. You have beautifully stated the way ahead. Thanks

8. zeshukhan

zeshukhan FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 295 / -0
    Pakistan
    I have read it 3x already and still desires to read it once more……..simply amazing and Niaz sir, I had great respect for you, but now it has increased many folds……and God bless you all involved in this process……lastly I will recommend @MastanKhan to be interviewed.

9. Shah01

Shah01 FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 189 / -0
    Pakistan
    Thank you for pointing me to this thread @Wajsal. Excellent initiative by you and @Zaki.
    Can I say thank you @niaz for taking the time to share this with us. If I may I would like a bit more information/view regarding the following:

I agree with OIC and "Pakistanis would eat grass but we will make the nuclear bomb".
    But the first point was his own creation... ZAB created the problem when he walked away from the Polish resolution...

Sir couldn't agree more. I see lots of resistance in my own family when I try to tell cousins to go into a field other than becoming a doctor/engineer/teacher. The older generation just can't come to terms with professions like Pharmacist, Robotics, Dentistry etc let alone helping the young with jobs like plumber/tailor etc.

Sir ZAB and the bigot (as you put it) Zia were the main downfalls of the country. Maybe many ills would've avoided by taking these two guys out..... Furthermore who's idea was 1965 war?

Sir I fail to understand why we haven't built other dams if we are unable to come to an agreement for Kalabagh... There are so many other sites for water reservoirs as well as for hydel power generation.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. niaz

niaz PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT

Ratings:
    +186 / 9,868 / -0
    Pakistan
    Thanks for all the accolade. But I had my say and let us leave it that. Without being modest, I can say with certainty that there are many extremely competent and knowledgeable members of this forum and I wait to hear their opinion..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Indus Pakistan

Indus Pakistan BANNED

Ratings:
    +189 / 46,911 / -12
    Pakistan
    I read your interview and I not only thoroughly enjoyed reading it but found it very insightful. It probably is one of the top posts I have read at PDF. I am surprised that I have (my loss) not had any engagement with yourself or at least to my recollection.

Most of the points you mention drawn from your long experiance tallied with what I have read and heard from from my dad who is only few years older than you. He also looks back at Ayub era as the golden period in Pakistan. Similar to you it was during his rule that he availed of certain grants toward higher education that led him to UK and ending up permanently settling there - My life is a product of that decision.

There are a few points that I would offer as part of critical analysis of your post when I get the time. It would be great to see more contribution from yourself around PDF. Once again thank you for a marvellous read.

And thanks also to the two gents @WAJsal @Zaki for making this possible

• Thanks Thanks x 7
  12. Zaki

Zaki MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +19 / 23,010 / -0
    Pakistan
    Thank you so much @niaz Sir

It was pleasure reading your interview again n again. Thank you so much for your time

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  13. Blue Marlin

Blue Marlin SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 6,818 / -0
    United Kingdom
    @WAJsal so who are you gonna interview next?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. WAJsal

WAJsal MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +212 / 13,463 / -0
    Pakistan
    Best to keep it a secret. It will be posted next month. You can give suggestions.

I reckon everyone loved this interview.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  15. livingdead

livingdead ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 21,594 / -6
    India
    my suggestions please interview @Salik @Zarvan @ImranKhan @S.U.R.B.

• Thanks Thanks x 2