• Sunday, January 26, 2020

Featured Members Interview: Niaz

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by WAJsal, Jan 23, 2017.

1. livingdead

livingdead ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 21,593 / -6
    India
    you must be the first person to accuse joe of being modest... :)

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. Zarvan

Zarvan ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +84 / 49,868 / -13
    Pakistan
    I like this initiative. And great to see interview of one distinguish member. Hope to see more soon

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. punit

punit BANNED

Ratings:
    +1 / 5,912 / -63
    India
    saved for future reference !

Second one was agitation by ZA Bhutto against Ayyub Khan. It was wrongly portrayed by ZAB that Pakistan had won the 1965 war and Ayyub had thrown way the advantage by signing Russian brokered Tashkent Agreement.

Realistically speaking; Pakistan started the war but failed to attain her objective of liberating Indian occupied Kashmir. However, we managed to fight vastly superior Indian force to a ‘Stalemate’. Hence portraying 1965 war as ‘Victory’ is gross exaggeration.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/members-interview-niaz.473879/#ixzz4WaLPZfc0

dont hate for saying this .. but some one seriously take an interview with @MastanKhan .. the guy has something what we call X faCTOR. very difficult to explain but i m sure his words will be help the management professional a lot.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. Mr.Meap

Mr.Meap FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 1,973 / -0
    Pakistan
    A realist view of country's situation throughout it's history. I completely agree with Mr. Niaz's view on CPEC and his views on Ayub's era too are accurate. All in all, a refreshing change from the now increasingly saturating articles flying about everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  5. Jugger

Jugger SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 2,484 / -7
    India
    This was an exceptional read for me and conforms to my understanding of the subcontinent and enriching it.
    I really liked your analysis that modern education and skill oriented learning will solve many problems faced by today's Pakistan.:tup:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Blue Marlin

Blue Marlin SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 6,817 / -0
    United Kingdom
    i have a question if you dont mind me asking.

you said Musharraf and ayyub were one of Pakistanis greatest leaders. the latter i agree with but don't you think the former (Musharraf) is a bit controversial? i would love to hear on why you think Musharraf was a good leader.
    ansl also would it be a good idea for him to be pakistan next pm? (hypothetically)

thanks in advance

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  7. RISING SUN

RISING SUN SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 3,649 / -0
    India
    Even if I give unlimited thanks for such a gem of interview, it will be like drop of water in vast ocean. Since I started reading it, I knew I never wanted it to end. I don't have words to explain the deep respect for such a experienced person amongst us. Dear @niaz sir thanking you very-2 much for giving us the glimpse of shared past. Ye Dil mange more!!!

I will most definitely share it on my social pages.

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  8. niaz

niaz PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT

Ratings:
    +179 / 9,652 / -0
    Pakistan
    Hon Sir,

Please I am being misunderstood. Here is what I said.

Question: After Jinnah who would say was the best leader Pakistan had?

Niaz: In my opinion, Ayyub Khan & Musharraf were the best and the worst was Gen Zia ul Haq.

UnQuote

I am not saying that these two were one of the 'Greatest'. I have said best after Jinnah. IMHO Pakistan never had a ‘Great’ leader. If the Quaid had lived long enough may be? But his tenure was too short for him to be classified as Great by the historians.

The best and the worst is always a very subjective term because each person applies different criteria. My ex- Chartered Accountant, originally a Lahori; considers Zia ul Haq as the best leader ever because in his opinion Zia defeated might of the USSR. (He is my ex Tax accountant because he retired and sold his practice. He was a good accountant and I miss him).

Musharraf must have been doing something right because during 8 years from 1997 to 2007, Pakistan’s economy grew at more than 6% per year. I remember going to Islamabad and Lahore in 2005 and I had difficulty finding vacancy in the Islamabad Marriott and Pearl Continental Lahore.

Besides, these were my opinions and any one is welcome to disagree.

• Thanks Thanks x 16
  9. Blue Marlin

Ratings:
    +6 / 6,817 / -0
    United Kingdom
    best, great. near enough the same thing, it was unfortunate jinnah died so soon after pakistan's creation
    i under stand the economy grew at 6% but what i think that made him lose his credibility is during his tenure when the ttp was born and caused hell in pakistan.

10. Blue Marlin

Ratings:
    +6 / 6,817 / -0
    United Kingdom
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Kambojaric

Kambojaric SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10 / 7,630 / -0
    Pakistan
    Great initiative. Thanks for interviewing such an esteemed member :)

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  12. Joe Shearer

Joe Shearer PROFESSIONAL

Ratings:
    +114 / 32,167 / -4
    India
    Nicely said. Few of us have this kind of moral courage.

Only on this single issue, I hasten to reassure you!

I promise you that I will remain as obnoxious to you as ever. Be of good cheer.

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  13. Skywalker

Skywalker SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 3,158 / -16
    It was pleasure reading about you sir, and congrats to @WAJsal for initiating this.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  14. WAJsal

WAJsal MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +212 / 13,425 / -0
    Pakistan
    @WebMaster ,@Horus ,@Side-Winder , can we please have this shared on our social media pages? thank you.

I would request all to go further in detail and ask more questions from Niaz bhai if possible.
    Thank you for perfectly summarizing my thoughts. It is the very reason i never bothered editing the initial draft, it would be a crime to cancel out content. Kudos to everyone for their efforts and Niaz bhai for finding the time.
    @Kambojaric ,@save_ghenda ,@member.exe ,@krash ,@unleashed , in case you miss it.

• Thanks Thanks x 9
  15. krash

krash SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +20 / 5,018 / -0
    Pakistan
    I did miss it. Thanks for tagging me. This must not be missed.