• Sunday, January 26, 2020

Featured Members Interview: AUSTERLITZ

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by WAJsal, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Nilgiri

Nilgiri ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +70 / 42,213 / -10
    India
    Ok finished reading it all. Great job to all involved! Can't wait for the next one!!!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. T-123456

T-123456 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 16,867 / -0
    Turkey
    Has nobody seen the tittle?
    Its AUSTERLITZ.
    @WAJsal

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  3. Nilgiri

Nilgiri ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +70 / 42,213 / -10
    India
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. T-123456

T-123456 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 16,867 / -0
    Turkey
    Whats funny?

5. Nilgiri

Nilgiri ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +70 / 42,213 / -10
    India
    I dunno....pulling your leg?

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. RISING SUN

RISING SUN SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 3,649 / -0
    India
    Buddy the qualities of your posts are high, fortunate to have such young people who are trying to give a new direction to this great country. Loved your interview, though not as much as loved last one of Niaz sir.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  7. Nilgiri

Nilgiri ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +70 / 42,213 / -10
    India
    I am sure when Austerlitz is as experienced as Niaz saab is, his interviews will be just as good.

For 25 year old I was mighty impressed. I always thought Austerlitz was way older than that from his post history.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. thesolar65

thesolar65 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +14 / 9,771 / -25
    India
    @AUSTERLITZ You sure talk like a 52 year old.....of my age!! :tup::tup:

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  9. saiyan0321

saiyan0321 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +63 / 8,676 / -0
    Pakistan
    An amazing interview by @AUSTERLITZ . Surprised he is 25.

@Joe Shearer you would like this interview. Its a good read that sees the issues of both nations through a realistic lense.

• Thanks Thanks x 6
  10. Levina

Levina BANNED

Ratings:
    +60 / 37,143 / -1
    India
    Brilliant observation there @AUSTERLITZ

But i dont agree to what you said here>>>
    Austy what if we change the strategy a bit and do some extra homework before attacking Russia?
    Like for example

1. Austy, if you notice Russia was always attacked from the western side. What if the strategy was changed and russia was attacked from a direction it least expects from?
    I mean south.
    This so because most of the Russian population is concentrated on its western border.
    1.jpg
    There's this river which divides russia into two, Irtysh. Parts of Russia towards the east of Irytsh is sparsely populated. So when you attack them from south(near Irtysh) you face lesser resistance and also you cut off military aid to the east. Thats the idea.
    Yes, Moscow is closer to the western border (1000 kms or so?). But it is heavily guarded. Infact its a fortress in itself. So its a blunder to attack it from west.

2. I respect germans. To this day anything made in Germany is considered "good" quality.
    While the Germans went all BLITZ on Russians initially, they forgot that the German Tanks wouldn't work in the extreme cold. Whereas the soviets came prepared with their winter gears.Their set of Tanks, T-34, could work even in the cold winter of Russia.
    So next time an army attacks Russia they should do their homework better and test their weapons for the coldest winters.
    And yes...prepare for minutest details so that when general winter comes charging you are not surprised.

3. The army planning to attack should be headed by a pragmatic leader.
    Lets accept it that Hitler did make some really good strategic decisions in the beginning, but later on he started over-riding his generals too much.

To this day i feel, had the Britishers not broken the Enigma code Germans would not have lost the battle of kursk.
    The Soviets assured of the German punctuality knew when and where the Germans would attack.
    Whats your opinion?

+1 vote.
    Physical education is an imperative part of the syllabus which is often ignored.

:tup: :tup: :tup:
    One thing that amuses me is the lack of respect for the soldiers on this forum.
    IMO,Irrespective of their nationality soldiers deserve respect.
    Words like RIP for a soldier from your country sounds hollow if you demean soldiers from other countries.

Overall a great interview. :-)
    @AUSTERLITZ Kashmir being the bone of contention between India and Pak, i was looking forward to reading your answers on the subject. Your answers were very honest and unbiased. This is a proof>>>

But let me be frank,when it comes to present state of affairs in J&K, my views differ from yours.

Could i ask you something?
    Do you intentionally avoid showing your funny side on the forums? Lolz

Good job @WAJsal :-)

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  11. WAJsal

WAJsal MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +212 / 13,425 / -0
    Pakistan
    Thank you for the kind words.
    Will contact professionals for the next one, unfortunately some of them cannot share their stories.

I was thinking the same thing.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  12. RISING SUN

RISING SUN SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 3,649 / -0
    India
    He is of my age actually, I am 27.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  13. Nilgiri

Nilgiri ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +70 / 42,213 / -10
    India
    Is there a better thread we can take this to?

Germany actually hedged relatively well strategically (unlike their higher feint based gamble taking on France through the ardennes).....they had decent forces stationed in the Ukraine to conduct a strategy like you are describing (and Hitler did eventually move on to it with that army there....though he made Stalingrad the focus eventually rather than the caucasus oil).

The problem regarding the Eastern Front is if you commit everything to one attack "channel" even if its in the south like you propose, will be it will cut through pretty well, but its logistic/supply chain will become very exposed and quite narrow given the massive land size and distances involved with Russia/USSR (compared to say France). In fact the speed of the cut through will become its own biggest weakness in the long run.

This is why the Wehrmacht went for a broader front, to check which strategic vector proved the most successfull in the long run (and coordinate in relation to that), while not risking a massive encirclement or supply chain vulnerability (which ultimately happened anyway on their multiple vectors when they ran out of steam).

I feel overall mid-strategically (taking into account hindsight is 20/20), the wehrmacht generals made the right decision. The high-strategy of Hitler (starting 2 front battle at you discretion + jumping to engage with the US) was always flawed, the low order strategies (really important) were also fraying right from operation barbarossa not accomplishing the degree of success it set out to do...and Hitler crucially overruled Guderian when he could have done some serious damage at the very least to Russian logistics on the path to Moscow (I personally doubt he could have taken Moscow like some have speculated though).

I can go into more details about all of these....but wondering if its better to do elsewhere?

@The Sandman @Desert Fox @Vergennes

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  14. WAJsal

WAJsal MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +212 / 13,425 / -0
    Pakistan
    I don't mind it. Best thread to have this discussion in. I don't mind follow up questions from members too.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  15. livingdead

livingdead ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 21,593 / -6
    India
    congrats for continuing with the interview initiative. People who are upset with austrelitz's assessment of current affairs should remember he is only 25 and probably using same info source as rest of us(Indians)

• Thanks Thanks x 1