• Monday, September 16, 2019

Massive Russian rearmament underway

Discussion in 'Military Forum' started by Birbal, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Birbal

Birbal FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,024 / -0
    Last year, Russia laid out its plan to spend $650 billion on its military to replace aging Soviet equipment and rebuild the military which had suffered lack of funding during the 1990s. 80% of that is being spent on procurement. That's an average of $52 billion a year. In comparison, the United States spends $140 billion a year on procurement. Given the large cost difference between Russian and American weaponry, we could well see Russia reattain military parity with the United States as it enters the next decade. Looking at the Indian and Chinese defense projects, I'm certain that we're going to see an Eastwards realignment of military power.

2. Birbal

Birbal FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,024 / -0
    Here's Vladimir Putin's essay "Being Strong - Why Russia needs to rebuild its military." He doesn't mince his words. Western analysts have been saying that the Russian military needs to become smaller and more streamlined to deal with small scale regional threats. Putin makes it clear that it is the Western imperialist community that the Russian military has to deal with. He He has seen that diplomacy and international law are completely ineffective in the face of shameless Western bullying. Just as the USSR was a deterrent force against imperialism, Russia will once again have the deterrent capabilities to force respect for national sovereignty and international law.

3. FairAndUnbiased

FairAndUnbiased SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 6,263 / -1
    China
    Russia, China and India all have very severe corruption. That would probably put a dent in the purchasing price advantage.

4. jbgt90

jbgt90 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 11,102 / -0
    India
    i guess the bear want to rise again to challenge the eagle.

5. tvsram1992

tvsram1992 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,490 / -1
    I strongly believe that Russia will become Super power once more . The development of Russian military also helps India a lot .

6. AUSTERLITZ

AUSTERLITZ SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +175 / 9,932 / -0
    India
    Putin trying to strengthen his faltering position at home by creating imaginery enemies.

7. Birbal

Birbal FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,024 / -0
    This is certainly a major problem. It will be Putin's greatest challenge to deal with corruption. Not sure about China, but I think Russia is in a better position to end corruption than India though. If anybody can single handedly deal with corruption, it's Putin.

8. Ulysses

Ulysses FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 260 / -0
    United States
    I wish Putin would step down and let Dmitry Medvedev take his place....

Its not the 80s anymore

9. Ir.Tab.

Ir.Tab. FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,963 / -0
    Interesting comment! I thought china is one of the good ranking countries in terms of corruption. I searched some sources based on your comment. The comment seems to be true although china's ranking is better than the other two countries in most corruption study cases. but I have no idea about the validity of these sources.

For example Transparency International (TI) provides some detailed information.

would you please provide some fair & unbiased :lol: web sources in this field?