• Friday, October 18, 2019

MADE IN UAE

Discussion in 'Arab Defence Forum' started by BLACKEAGLE, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Philip the Arab

Philip the Arab SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 1,838 / -4
    Jordan
    Nice haven't thought of an anti-submarine uav but have thought of one that can use small torpedoes like the Sea Venom or even larger ones like the naval strike missiles. I was told that they would be effective against small ships like fast attack craft and small corvette type. It would really help the Saudis or UAE to be able to engage Iran's small ships remotely and effectively with the Sea Venom only weighing about 240 pounds and can sink up to 1000 tons ship.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. The SC

The SC ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18 / 18,594 / -0
    Canada
    Read post#209

3. Philip the Arab

Ratings:
    +1 / 1,838 / -4
    Jordan
    I read that as anti submarine warfare. I'm not sure if torpedoes are still used for anti-ship missiles because of speed being really slow. You could be right but I think that a more dedicated anti ship uav could be much better in terms of missile capability and number of missiles in general. I might be missing something from that but you can correct me if you see something I don't

4. xbat

xbat FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 414 / -0
    Turkey
    come on guys, they are over optimist for their product, first in the world, better than global hawk etc.
    those drones doesnt have even a SAR radar and they expect anti sub mission from it,

is 100hrs endurance real, i feel exaggeration again, just want to know, what is max endurance with max payload at max altitude? thx

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. The SC

The SC ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18 / 18,594 / -0
    Canada
    [​IMG]

ADCOM's NAVY UAV would be the first fixed wing UAV dedicated to ASW missions
    According to ADCOM, the Navy UAV would detect submarines through the use of sonobuoys. The ASW UAV is expected to carry a maximum of two torpedoes and would detect and attack submarines autonomously or with live control from an operator depending on the mission and flight plan.

And there is:

[​IMG]

On the fuselage of the aircraft and its rear wing there are attachment points for 18 different types of weapons. On the model shown at the air show, there were two small missiles "air - surface» Namrod, two cruise missiles Yabhon Thunder with a radius of 240 km and two torpedoes.

On the fuselage of the aircraft and its rear wing there are attachment points for 18 different types of weapons. On the model shown at the air show, there were two small missiles "air - surface» Namrod, two cruise missiles Yabhon Thunder with a range of 240 km and two torpedoes.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. Philip the Arab

Ratings:
    +1 / 1,838 / -4
    Jordan
    @The SC What do you think of putting MANPADS on top of Nimr vehicles in the same way as the https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/TWQ-1_Avenger I saw that UAE has the pantsir but still it would help in Yemen against incoming drones while the Pantsir takes more time and the radar signature rather small for UAVs. If there there are anti-tank variants of the Nimr I can't see why there cant be a anti-air version. It could even be exported to Saudi Arabia to meet their needs in the same way as the MPCV which they purchased recently. And as you stated before Saudi Arabia is developing SAM systems. Sorry no UAE armed forces thread so I posted here.

7. The SC

The SC ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18 / 18,594 / -0
    Canada
    Both KSA and the UAE have thousands of manpads, stingers mostly.. and I think it will be a good idea to make them and the Russian Igla locally or better yet get the ToT and develop own manpads..

"Saudi Arabia is said to have made a progress in acquiring the technology of man-portable air defence systems (MANPADS)."

[​IMG]

http://www.tacticalreport.com/view_news/Saudi-plans-to-acquire-MANPADS-technology/5627

8. Philip the Arab

Ratings:
    +1 / 1,838 / -4
    Jordan
    Agreed, the missile itself is rather simple compared to longer range SAM but Russian MANPADS are in my opinion not as good as American ones in terms of kill ratios where in the Afghan-Soviet war performed better to my knowledge. In case of a war with Iran they would prove useful against Iran's SU-24's which although limited in numbers are a lethal attack aircraft and would be very useful but a flight ceiling of at least 22-23 thousand feet and an IFF integrated with friendly aircraft. I don't trust tactical report very much, they last said that Saudi Arabia making a Rooivalk mk 2 with South Africa which although sounds good it is unconfirmed and unlikely to my knowledge. I don't think transfer of technology is needed because the missile is not really too complex.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  9. The SC

The SC ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18 / 18,594 / -0
    Canada
    There are thousands of Stingers in KSA and the UAE.. but the US won't give ToT..So with other technologies to explore, it will be easier to make own Manpads

10. The SC

The SC ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18 / 18,594 / -0
    Canada
    Mohammed_Ben_Zaid inaugurates the integrated weapon system developed by the UAE for the offensive Black Hawk..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  11. The SC

The SC ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18 / 18,594 / -0
    Canada

12. Philip the Arab

Ratings:
    +1 / 1,838 / -4
    Jordan
    Interesting video, too bad they had to throw out some of their plans for vehicles. What variants do you want to see or think you will see since they will have 3 new ones the Nimr representative said.

13. The SC

The SC ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18 / 18,594 / -0
    Canada
    The defence show is coming soon, we'll see then ..

[​IMG]

Here is a glimpse ..

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  14. Swordbreaker12

Swordbreaker12 BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 127 / -0
    Iraq
    We will see so much this year believe me from A to Z (aircrafts ,helicopters, ships, submarines tanks) etc.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. The SC

The SC ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18 / 18,594 / -0
    Canada
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019