What's new

Made in India Vehicles

patentneer

May 15, 2010
Indian Army Maruti-Suzuki Gypsy King Ambulance

Almost a million* Gypsy Kings for the Troopers@$ 11,250 (Rs. Ind. 6 Lakhs, Rs. Pak. ~ 10-13 Lakhs))

Vs.

1 ... hehe ... Land Cruiser for the Boss@$ 342,472.39 (Rs. Pak. 402 Lakhs (Four hundred & two) !)

Gypsy had a 35 Yr. production run in India, a real workhorse.

As quoted by Autocar India
  • " There is nothing that can touch a Gypsy off the road, except perhaps an Arjun battle tank "

Last edited:

KapitaanAli

Nov 22, 2017
Country
India
TATA Nexon-EV has launched. First impressions are highly positive and the price is right.

The Nexon facelift will look similar, putting an end to the quirky design. I've to say, I had a thing for the uggo Nexon although I generally prefer cleaner designs. Only thing I didn't like was the elastic underwear in the back and it will carry on.

KapitaanAli

Nov 22, 2017
Country
India
After TATA Nexon and TATA Altroz, Mahindra XUV300 gets 5-star in Global NCAP. XUV300 gets 4-star in child safety and is now the combined top scorer. Not surprising since it's more of a badge engineered (and modified) car. Hope Mahindra gets to work on their other models as well.

KapitaanAli

Nov 22, 2017
Country
India
TATA Tigor/Tiago gets 4-star in Global NCAP. (3-star in child safety). This is in a way even more remarkable than the 5-star of Nexon and Altroz. But not surprising since the old TATA Zest did the same in adult safety, while the even older Zest got a zero.

Goku

Jun 13, 2019
Country
India
TATA Tigor/Tiago gets 4-star in Global NCAP. (3-star in child safety). This is in a way even more remarkable than the 5-star of Nexon and Altroz. But not surprising since the old TATA Zest did the same in adult safety, while the even older Zest got a zero.

TaTa motors needs a complete makeover and good brand building. They should start with a new logo. Current logo is quite outdated

KapitaanAli

Nov 22, 2017
Country
India
In other news, TATA officially launched the Tiago/Tigor facelifts, Nexon facelift, and the Altroz today.

20200122031404_Tata-Tiago.jpg

TaTa motors needs a complete makeover and good brand building. They should start with a new logo. Current logo is quite outdated
It's unlikely. I want them to bring back the big old T logo on some vehicles, and simply write TATA on some vehicles. The current logo did play a role in their success. But now it's time to look into heritage and ruggedness. Embrace your trucker past. It's not like Indians are ever gonna forget that anyway.

Last edited:

KapitaanAli

Nov 22, 2017
Country
India
Mahindra has launched the new Thar. It's like an old Wrangler design wise, but with modern design touches. The grill is very polarizing (most hating it), but I like it.

What will all those who'd buy the Wrangler at a huge cost just to show off do, when you pull up in your Thar! Normal folk won't find a difference when the grill is swapped, which ruins the purpose of paying a crore or something after taxes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)