What's new

Live : Examining the U.S. Withdrawal from Afghanistan. Sec of State Anthony Blinken (must watch)

Meengla

Aug 1, 2009
Country
Pakistan
Well, this is going to be a predictable performance by US officials. But as far as Pakistan is concerned, the opening remarks (by Sen. Ritschl?) brought Pakistan's name strongly to be debated. And then Sen. Rubio just said something like 'If a 3rd grade power like Pakistan can thwart America in Afghanistan then how could India count on America to counter China in the Quad?'.

SIPRA

ELITE MEMBER
Mar 31, 2019
Country
Pakistan
And then Sen. Rubio just said something like 'If a 3rd grade power like Pakistan can thwart America in Afghanistan then how could India count on America to counter China in the Quad?'.
I think that he misplaced the word "3rd grade". :lol:

Wood

Mar 30, 2013
Country
India
Well, this is going to be a predictable performance by US officials. But as far as Pakistan is concerned, the opening remarks (by Sen. Ritschl?) brought Pakistan's name strongly to be debated. And then Sen. Rubio just said something like 'If a 3rd grade power like Pakistan can thwart America in Afghanistan then how could India count on America to counter China in the Quad?'.

QUAD shares the same enemy, but not the same strategic problems. This will make the group ineffective.

Best way that India can benefit from this group is via the purchase of high tech. weaponry from US to keep defensive parity with the said common enemy. Unfortunately (for India), US does not seem to consider India for such special treatment. Makes me wonder why this group exists at all.

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
May 21, 2006
Country
Pakistan

Thank god ... Pakistan was in neutral to positive in the whole hearing. .............. These hearings set the direction for upcoming policy and give a clear idea, how the pentagon and US Congress will adopt the next policy. Taliban behavior and violations of rights are not Pakistan's problem. US still directly engages the Taliban through Qatar and rights treaty.

Last edited:

Meengla

Aug 1, 2009
Country
Pakistan
QUAD shares the same enemy, but not the same strategic problems. This will make the group ineffective.
Best way that India can benefit from this group is via the purchase of high tech. weaponry from US to keep defensive parity with the said common enemy. Unfortunately (for India), US does not seem to consider India for such special treatment. Makes me wonder why this group exists at all.
Good to have a realistic Indian member here. Kudos.

Thank god ... Pakistan was in neutral to positive in the whole hearing.
Yes. I couldn't watch much of the debate but the way 'China, Russia, and Iran' were mentioned as rivals/enemies, was not said about Pakistan.

Meengla

Aug 1, 2009
Country
Pakistan
I think that he misplaced the word "3rd grade". :lol:
That's what Rubio said!
And what struck me was how quickly into his comments Rubio brought India's concerns about the Quad. Almost seems like some Indian Lobby asked him to ask that question! But then we would never know that for sure.

SIPRA

ELITE MEMBER
Mar 31, 2019
Country
Pakistan
That's what Rubio said!
And what struck me was how quickly into his comments Rubio brought India's concerns about the Quad. Almost seems like some Indian Lobby asked him to ask that question! But then we would never know that for sure.
Yes. Seems so. Though, I think QUAD wouldn't move much. There is a deficit of trust between US and India. Also geopolitics has become too complex.

Meengla

Aug 1, 2009
Country
Pakistan
Yes. Seems so. Though, I think QUAD wouldn't move much. There is a deficit of trust between US and India. Also geopolitics has become too complex.
Agreed. And I really think the so-called 90 minute call between Biden and Xi on Sept. 10, on whose details very few are aware of, on Biden's initiative, tells me that America doesn't want a too hostile posture toward China at least in short term. And that's good for Pakistan, good for Pakistan's surroundings, and perhaps not so good for India ;)

SIPRA

ELITE MEMBER
Mar 31, 2019
Country
Pakistan
Agreed. And I really think the so-called 90 minute call between Biden and Xi on Sept. 10, on whose details very few are aware of, on Biden's initiative, tells me that America doesn't want a too hostile posture toward China at least in short term. And that's good for Pakistan, good for Pakistan's surroundings, and perhaps not so good for India ;)
Agree. Also, the shock, US has received in Afghanistan, would possibly make them more cautious and careful, in entering into some new ambitious venture, at least for some time.

Meengla

Aug 1, 2009
Country
Pakistan
Agree. Also, the shock, US has received in Afghanistan, would possibly make them more cautious and careful, in entering into some new ambitious venture, at least for some time.
Yes, Rubio just didn't say 'China'. He said 'CHINA!' about India and the Quad. Very telling!!!! I remember in the Clinton Presidency, China had issues with Taiwan and things could have gotten in open conflict. At that time, Madeleine Albright (Sec. of State?) gave a clear warning to China and things de-escalated.
How times have changed! In just 20-25 years from then and now! The Neo-cons and their Military Industrial Complex buddies have done so much damage to America, and often on Israel's bidding!

Menace2Society

May 2, 2011
Country
Pakistan
Why did Taliban deal with Bin Laden in the first place? I know they are a strange bunch but they would have been left alone if they didn't take Bin Laden money and host this parasitic piece of sh*t. He should have done his dirty work in Saudi so poor people don't have to die in Afghanistan. They always come to Pakistan or nearby to take a narcissistic dump don't they, never in their homeland.

Sainthood 101

Jul 24, 2021
Country
Pakistan
Why the did Taliban deal with Bin Laden in the first place? I know they are a strange bunch but they would have been left alone if they didn't take Bin Laden money and host this parasitic piece of sh*t. He should have done his dirty work in Saudi so poor people don't have to die in Afghanistan. They always come to Pakistan or nearby to take a narcissistic dump don't they, never in their homeland.
they were idiots and I am afraid they'll continue to be idiots

(Bin laden was a rich man- they did it for money)

Dalit

ELITE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2012
Country
Pakistan
That's what Rubio said!
This Rubio cvnt is an Indian bootlicker. I like it how terribly hurt this wannabe American is. Pakistan hurt his ego very badly.

Meengla

Aug 1, 2009
Country
Pakistan
This Rubio cvnt is an Indian bootlicker. I like it how terribly hurt this wannabe American is. Pakistan hurt his ego very badly.
How do you know?? Any prior such things? But I won't be surprised. Indians have far deeper pockets than Pakistan does in lobbying. Heck, they just blew away $3 billion in Afghanistan buying the 'Afghan Goodwill'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom