• Monday, August 19, 2019

LeJ co-founder Akram Lahori to be executed on Thursday

Discussion in 'Pakistan's Internal Security' started by Devil Soul, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Armstrong

Armstrong PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST

Ratings:
    +96 / 47,039 / -2
    Pakistan
    So far as I know blood money can be refused by regular courts or so I heard a lawyer recently state as thus on a talk-show where lawyers were invited to discuss the Anti-Terrorist Courts and the Qisas and Diyat (bloody money) ordinance. Though I am not a lawyer so I don't really know the complexities of this or any other law.

2. Irfan Baloch

Irfan Baloch SENIOR MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +172 / 39,600 / -0
    Pakistan
    if you can understand Hindi/ Urdu then this is exactly the question raised in the program
    where a terrorist seems to be able to buy out his freedom

1. apparently there is an issue with the interpretation and the "view" that the judge can take to make a trial a murder case or terrorism case. in case of a murder, the grieving party has the option of pardon which the Judge "may or May not consider" while giving his judgement (history shows that Judges do consider it, i.e. blood money etc).

BUT
    when it comes to State VS an organisation or an individual where the accused is being judged on the charges of treason, waging a war , then such pardon doesn't mean anything .. this was the message from the program and yet again there is another BUT .. which takes us to point number one about the judge's interpretation. whether he views the charge as a common murder or a terrorism act.

3. Jango

Jango MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +22 / 17,854 / -0
    Pakistan
    But how can a person like Akram Lahori be pardoned by a single person?

The state should be the plaintiff, not a single party of the aggrieved.

This is just a sham.

That's why we need military courts.

BTW, heard another angle to this today. That the death warrants were for another Akram Ul Haq, I don't believe that story though.

4. surya kiran

surya kiran SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9 / 5,176 / -8
    India
    Will watch it after I update my Flash. Thanks!

5. Strife

Strife FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 337 / -0
    Pakistan
    according to GEO. It was all a huge minsunderstanding....

It is Ikram urf Lahori.... Not Akram Lahori.

Akram lahori is right now in Sukhar Jail not Kot Lakhpat. Ikram urf Lahori who is being pardoned is convicted in a single murder case.