• Sunday, July 5, 2020

Kuwaiti woman held for filming maid attempting suicide

Discussion in 'Middle East & Africa' started by FalconsForPeace, Apr 1, 2017.

1. FalconsForPeace

FalconsForPeace SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3 / 1,368 / -0
    Pakistan
    Kuwaiti police have detained a woman for filming her Ethiopian maid falling from the seventh floor in an apparent suicide attempt without trying to rescue her, media and a rights group said Friday.

The Kuwaiti woman filmed her maid land on a metal awning and survive, then posted the incident on social media, Al-Seyassah newspaper reported.

The 12-second video shows the maid hanging outside the building, with one hand tightly gripping the window frame, as she begs for help in an apparent last-minute change of mind.

The woman holding the camera is heard telling the hanging maid: "Oh crazy, come back."

The terrified maid is seen screaming "hold me, hold me", just before her hand slips and she falls down to hit the awning, which appears to soften the impact.

The employer made no reaction as she continued filming.

Later, paramedics rescued the maid and rushed her to hospital where she was found to have suffered nose and ear bleeding and a broken arm, the newspaper said.

The criminal investigation police referred the employer to the prosecution over failing to help the victim, the daily said.

The reasons for the maid´s attempted suicide were not revealed.

The Kuwait Society for Human Rights on Friday called on the authorities to investigate the case and refer it to court.

The oil-rich Gulf state is home to more than 600,000 domestic helpers, a majority of them Asians, many of whom complain of abuse, mistreatment and non-payment of wages.

Hundreds of maids escape their employers every year over abuse, and the government has set up shelters for them. Some seek help from their embassies.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/136260-Kuwaiti-woman-held-for-filming-maid-attempting-suicide

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Arsalan

Arsalan THINK TANK CHAIRMAN

Ratings:
    +64 / 22,290 / -1
    Pakistan
    Speechless!!

The women should be handed the severest possible punishment and an example should be made out of her. However, somehow, i feel that NOTHING will happen. Reason being this happened in Kuwait, a Muslim country, this is who low we so-called Muslims have fallen!! Is this what our religion teaches us? PATHETIC!! I am ashamed and it feels like i am responsible for what happened to that poor lady there. Even though i never lived in Arab world nor have had any maids work for me as a slave!! Still. Just cannot get over it! (not for now that is, a couple of days later i will be living my happy life once again as if nothing have happened being the person i know i am :hitwall:)

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  3. Nilgiri

Nilgiri ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +82 / 44,899 / -10
    India
    How very cruel and inhumane. Shows no matter where you go there is evil....no matter what cultures people personally may think have more or less.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  4. I.R.A

I.R.A ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19 / 13,223 / -3
    Pakistan
    Since when did you enslave the people though they were born from their mothers in freedom?

Hazrat Umer (May ALLAH be pleased with him) Ameer ul Momineen and a close companion of Messenger Muhammad (Peace be upon him).

The Deen teaches us equality and the religion divides us into different sects, black and colored, rich and poor.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  5. foxtrot1

foxtrot1 BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 370 / -7
    India
    may be she thought people will blame her for murder of her maid so she collected evidence. But she could have helped her and not just stayed there making the clip

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Trango Towers

Trango Towers ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 13,022 / -7
    Pakistan
    I pray for the maid but I wish the worst on the woman filming. May she and her family suffer. Kuwaitis are cowards when Saddam came they ran like chickens

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  7. Ashesh

Ashesh FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,376 / -6
    Watched video yesterday on twitter. Disgusting. :tsk:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Cthulhu

Cthulhu SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,093 / -0
    Iran, Islamic Republic Of
    That woman should die in jail, what kind of animal acts like this?

9. Trango Towers

Trango Towers ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 13,022 / -7
    Pakistan
    Animal.....You have upgraded her. Animals don't do this

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  10. Cthulhu

Cthulhu SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,093 / -0
    Iran, Islamic Republic Of
    You are right. Sorry, my bad. I didn't realize i was insulting animals.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  11. StrategyMaster

StrategyMaster FULL MEMBER

New Recruit

Ratings:
    +0 / 42 / -0
    Pakistan
    Thanks to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Blah Blah
    we have enough socialized in the name of Social Media that we have forgotten the roots of Mankind

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  12. CHACHA"G"

CHACHA"G" SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7 / 5,507 / -0
    Australia
    How dis...........ting man I have no words to explain what I am feeling.......... She spose to help her not fking filming her,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Kuwaitis are one .................. ************ >>>>>> (I hope you all get) My uncle told me lot of real stories , He was their when Sadam came.................
    Rest just ask any Indian , Pakistani who was their.................

13. NakedLunch

NakedLunch BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,911 / -0
    Pakistan
    Disgusting. Just plain simple disgusting.

Kuwait was over run in a day by Saddam. Or was it two days?

14. HannibalBarca

HannibalBarca ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3 / 9,289 / -0
    Tunisia
    Well if you guys tho' that it's new in the arab/muslim world... it's been like that for decades... Let's not forget those 400k death in Syria... Woman/Kids/ and o on, killed/bombed every day for the benfit of few dictators and islamist countries around... And that "Palestine cause" that's been used and raped everyday by any shitty Hero mouth around the globe...

YET EVERY!! Muslim/Arab country around the globe still speak/love/do biz/kisses asses of those "KILLERS" everyday...

In The End, it's sad to say... but what happen in our own home, is bc the majority of muslims already forgot tofear Allah... Therefore, power and ties are stronger than Humanity/kindness...

Have Fun.

PS: to those jumping on Israel as being the little son of Ibliss... Don't forget that they don't kill each others and do help each others... 1 Jew = ALL Muslims ... ALL Muslims= Few km² of land & few billions $... tbh.. few bucks will be enought at this rate...

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  15. NakedLunch

NakedLunch BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,911 / -0
    Pakistan

I would give you ten, no make that 100 'thanks' for that post.

• Thanks Thanks x 2