• Monday, December 11, 2017

Karachi: Three policemen among 8 arrested for selling illegal weapons

Discussion in 'Social & Current Events' started by Janbaz Rao, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Janbaz Rao

Janbaz Rao FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,111 / -0
    Pakistan
    Karachi: Three policemen among 8 arrested for selling illegal weapons
    • Numbers of fake documents, seals of different government institutions and weapons seized during raid
    Pakistan
    by Mahmood Idrees | Published on December 2, 2017 (Edited December 2, 2017)
    [​IMG]
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Reddit
    KARACHI – Sindh Rangers and police in a joint operation on Saturday arrested three policemen among eight persons for illegally making arms and driving licenses and the selling of illegal weapons.

Following a tip-off regarding the crime, the security forces raided a house in Liaquatabad area and arrested an accused named Faizan.

The arrested suspect during interrogation revealed that he was a member of a gang involved in the creating fake licenses and trade of counterfeit arms. He also disclosed names of his companions.

Following the revelation, the security forces launched another operation and arrested three police officials named Sub Inspector Umer Daraz Khan, Station House Officer (SHO) Syed Nadir Ali Shah and officer of Special Branch Syed Shahid Ali. The other arrested persons include Kamaran, Zohar Kamal and Saddam Siddiqui.

[​IMG]

The forces recovered 140 fake arms licenses, 233 fake official documents, fake degrees, counterfeit seals of different government institutions and weapons from their possession, the press release said.

The arrested accused were involved in this business for the previous 10 years.

Comment
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Reddit
    Follow Daily Pakistan

2. somebozo

somebozo ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 17,493 / -8
    Pakistan
    A major failure of police and intelligence...BTW can someone share picture of Faizan...?
    Because I think I know him, he has extorted 580K from my family by threatening them.