• Friday, March 22, 2019

Kabul Hopes Islamabad's Practical Steps On Afghan Peace

Discussion in 'Strategic & Foreign Affairs' started by OsmanAli98, Jan 12, 2019.

1. OsmanAli98

OsmanAli98 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 3,557 / -0
    Pakistan
    The High Peace Council (HPC) on Friday said they expect Islamabad to take practical steps toward the Afghan peace process following President Ashraf Ghani's Special Envoy, Umer Daudzai's, visit to Islamabad.

According to HPC, if Pakistan seriously supports Afghanistan's peace process, the distrust between Kabul and Islamabad will be removed.

“We are waiting to witness the first practical steps of Pakistan after this visit and to see the lack of trust between Afghanistan and Pakistan removed,” HPC spokesman, Sayed Ehsan Taheri, said.

Meanwhile, HPC on Friday said Daudzai met Siraj-ul-Haq, head of Jamaat-e-Islami party, on Thursday during his four-day visit to Pakistan.

During the meeting, the two sides discussed key and practical issues for achieving peace in Afghanistan, read the statement.

According to the HPC, during the meeting Daudzai asked Siraj-ul-Haq to cooperate with the start of direct talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban.

The Pakistani religious leader vowed to cooperate with the Afghan peace process, the statement said.

In the meantime, Pakistan’s Foreign Minister, Shah Mahmood Qureshi, said Islamabad wants the Taliban to give up their refusal to talk to the Afghan government so that a political settlement on the 17-year-old conflict be negotiated.

“We want them to sit together. It is for Afghans to sort out their problems and as long as they do not sit down and talk to each other, outsiders can do little to help them,” Qureshi said as quoted by Dawn in a report published on Friday.

Meanwhile, the Afghan government said they hope Islamabad seriously supports the Afghanistan peace process.

“We hope that Pakistan by understanding that extremism is harmful both for Afghanistan and Pakistan, seriously support the Afghanistan peace process and put pressure on anti-government armed groups,” Omid Maisam, deputy spokesman of Chief Executive Officer Abdullah Abdullah, said.

In the meantime, President Ashraf Ghani’s National Security Advisor, Hamdullah Mohib, has gone to Beijing to seize China’s cooperation in the peace process.

Daudzai is on a four-day visit to Islamabad to hold talks with Pakistani officials as well as political and religious leaders.

He met with Pakistan foreign minister on January 8 where the two sides discussed the Afghan peace process and strengthening of bilateral relations between the two countries.

Meanwhile, on Thursday President Ghani’s special envoy met with Aftab Ahmad Khan Sherpao, chairman of Qaumi Watan Party, where they discussed the same matter.

The two sides stressed the need for cooperation on peace between Afghanistan and Pakistan, the HPC said in a statement.

Daudzai also met Asfandyar Wali Khan, head of Awami National Party, where they discussed the Afghan peace process, the regional situation and Pakistan’s role in these.

Taliban however, repeatedly, have rejected any talks with the Afghan government and Kabul have said if the group does not talk face to face with government, then peace will not be maintained.

Source-Tolo News

RELATED STORIES
    LATEST AFGHANISTAN NEWS

MOST POPULAR IN AFGHANISTAN
    FOLLOW US
    Join us on socials networks

Newsletter

Email Address
    ALSO IN THE NEWS
    [​IMG]
    BUSINESS
    Nations To Meet On Lapis Lazuli Corridor Setbacks
    Officials said problems still exist with Lapis Lazuli Corridor and the nations involved will hold discussions on the challenges.

TODAY - 6:07 PM
    [​IMG]
    AFGHANISTAN
    Kabul Hopes Islamabad's Practical Steps On Afghan Peace
    HPC said they hope Pakistan will take practical steps towards Afghanistan's peace process following Dudzai’s visit.

TODAY - 6:31 PM
    [​IMG]

2. Dewaneh

Dewaneh BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 912 / -3
    Pakistan
    Can't trust this dog

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. OsmanAli98

OsmanAli98 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 3,557 / -0
    Pakistan
    Brother a few years ago these Afghan Namak Haramis would have nor dared to visit Islamabad now they are coming to ask help lol all coming to plan be patient

4. Path-Finder

Path-Finder ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4 / 17,323 / -7
    Pakistan
    in other news, Irani foreign minister gave an interview to ndtv and I guess assured delhi that they will talk to the taliban on their behalf. strange times everyone is in a rat race to woo the taliban or have someone be their go between.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Dewaneh

Dewaneh BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 912 / -3
    Pakistan
    bunch of these namak haramis on twitter making fun of Pakistanis.

Read this Afghani b*tches tweets about Pakistan, modify the search query if you will... I made some fake accounts to expose this b*tch few months back

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=from:@afgeezy97 pakistani&src=typd

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. OsmanAli98

OsmanAli98 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 3,557 / -0
    Pakistan
    Its all good getting Yankee out of the region will be a good step as for Pakistan needs to stay patient and active in the scene @Pan-Islamic-Pakistan

Let them B...tch about us while they are desperate leaders come to us for help I love seeing the butthurt

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  7. Dewaneh

Dewaneh BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 912 / -3
    Pakistan
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. OsmanAli98

OsmanAli98 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 3,557 / -0
    Pakistan
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  9. Dewaneh

Dewaneh BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 912 / -3
    Pakistan
    Some body gotta teach her a lesson. Does any one know how to hack Twitter accounts here? Please do so and remove this toxic Afghani b*tch from social media. I can't wait to expose this and get the full Pakistani revenge on her for talking so much sh*t about us. 59K toxic tweets. she has no life. Someone please do a favor PLEASE.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. OsmanAli98

OsmanAli98 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 3,557 / -0
    Pakistan
    Her life is on Tinder to be fair all the slutty Muslims in the States are Afghans tbh, everyone says the Iranians are here but I disagree the Afghans are the sluttier ones here they just hide it from their family

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Dewaneh

Dewaneh BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 912 / -3
    Pakistan
    yup there all Afghanis.. Lazy f*cks. I have never seen a humble nice Afghani in the states. All of them are scum bags. I had an Uber driver who noticed me and then lied about being "Pakistani". He said he is from "Pekhawar". And started speaking broken Urdu "hum Pakhto ay o zama taluq qaum e bani Israel se banteh ay... hehe.. I am ghawst khorr haha!! Humareh Khan-dan sahib modeling kareta ay" The way he talked and the things he talked about. He was a total douchebag.

After I left. I checked his Uber profile. It said he is from Kabul, Afghanistan. For languages, it said he spoke "English, Pashto, Hindi, Persian". WTF!!!

I gave the driver 1 star, he was a total douche. I wish I could've slapped him right there. Shameless idiot he was.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. OsmanAli98

OsmanAli98 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 3,557 / -0
    Pakistan
    Most Afghans are like Pakistanis are not real Muslims I heard many times they say that also they call us Chinese poodles or nasty s...t like that and how they moan about Pasthunistan this is why I have a very anti-Afghan tone and I was once close buds with one and he screwed my trust when I entrusted certain money dealing Pakistan should not be friendly we should dominate these scums just like the Iranians do, even the Uzbeks,Tajiks, Russians, Turkmens hate them so much I recall once a Afghan Uzbek said he was glad he left that s...ithole for his Uzbek homeland

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Dewaneh

Dewaneh BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 912 / -3
    Pakistan
    Yea Afghanis are really similar to Pakistani culturally. But Afghani behavior is so bad/horrible. You can't have a Afghani as a friend because of how backstabbing they are. Meanwhile, Pashtun are the complete opposite. They are the most loyalest friends in the world. I have no idea what makes Afghanis so dishonest and fake. Yet Pashtuns are the most nicest and hospital people in the world.

btw, here is that Uber guy's profile. Look at this fraudster (I hide his name and picture obvious reasons).

IMG_1083.jpeg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. OsmanAli98

OsmanAli98 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 3,557 / -0
    Pakistan
    Pakistani Pashtuns are nothing like their idiot Afghani counterparts they even hate the Afghans more than any average Pakistani because all those bombings and terrorists crossing the border for decades they were more woke on these scums while we are hugging these scums back in the 90s

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Dewaneh

Dewaneh BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 912 / -3
    Pakistan
    The guy was definitely without a doubt Afghani... and he LIED about being "Pakistani Pakhtun" because he knows it is superior identity to toy with... There is no way a Pakistani can act as horrible/douche as much as him... I have no idea WTF is wrong with these people, like "chameleon" changing their nationalities whenever they want!!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1