What's new

Junaid Jamsheed being charged with Blasphemy !!!!

xyxmt

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 27, 2012
Country
Pakistan
Just heard it on Jazz FM Toronto that Junaid Jamsheed is charged for Blasphemy for his remarks about Hazrad Ayesha in one of his Videos...any truth to it?

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2008
Country
India
Pakistan police register blasphemy case against disco mullah | Reuters

(Reuters) - Pakistan police said on Wednesday they were investigating blasphemy allegations against a man dubbed the "disco mullah" who quit a career in pop music to become a preacher.

The case against Junaid Jamshed, a member of the deeply conservative Tableeghi Jamaat organisation, was brought by Mobeen Qadri, a member of the religious political party Sunni Tehreek.

Blasphemy is punishable by death in Muslim-majority Pakistan. But the law does not define what is blasphemous - anyone can file a case alleging their religious feelings were hurt for any reason.

Qadri filed the case against Jamshed after he used the example of one of Prophet Muhammad's wives to illustrate an argument about the failings of women in a video.

"Now the case is with the investigators," said Mehmood Ahmed, a police officer in Karachi. "We will have to arrest Junaid Jamshed and it is up to him if he moves bail and goes to court against this."

After the video went viral, Jamshed released a video apology. "This is my mistake and it is because of my ignorance, because of my lack of knowledge," the 50-year-old said. "With a clean heart I ask that Allah forgive me and I beg and beseech all Muslims to forgive me. This was not on purpose."

Rights groups say the law is mostly used against minorities and the poor to settle personal scores or seize property.

Before becoming a preacher, Jamshed was a pop star with a string of chart-topping songs and albums. He retired in 2001 and announced that he was devoting his life to Islam.

Jamshed has previously drawn criticism for saying that women should not be allowed to drive or leave home without a male guardian.

Bouncer

May 31, 2014
Country
Pakistan
Don't know what his stance was on blasphemy, but mualana sab was surely getting high on religion. Claiming women shouldn't be allowed to drive and work etc.

EasyNow

Oct 11, 2013
Country
Bangladesh
Man, with everyday that goes by I am more delighted with divine justice.

These are the first people to throw stones at others or to force their opinions on others, so today the blasphemy charge is simply poetic justice.

Kaniska

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 11, 2011
Country
United States
This word is self contradicting....There is no Disco thing in Islam i believe....how come this word is applicable?....

A.M.

Aug 12, 2014
Country
Pakistan
Blasphemy is punishable by death in Muslim-majority Pakistan. But the law does not define what is blasphemous - anyone can file a case alleging their religious feelings were hurt for any reason.
What a retarded law. This needs to be fixed as it's getting abused way too much.

airmarshal

ELITE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2010
Country
Pakistan
Let judiciary to work and decide.. Jahil nhi its Law here.

I know. This is a very jahil law.

What "Jahil" about that?
There is a law here, let the law decide if he is guilty or not.

I m against this law and its used to persecute people. I m against this law as it promotes vigilante culture. This is what I define as jahalat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom