What's new

Joshua Wong, Nathan Law and Agnes Chow quit Demosisto

Song Hong

BANNED
Jan 4, 2020
Country
Viet Nam
Lee has recently been mocked for his two-face posture; that is, oftentimes he is seen as a vocal supporter for the unrest in Hong Kong, and he was described in June by the New York Times in an article as a "staunch defender" of the "one country, two systems" policy. Later, he called the "laam caau" philosophy (to make all lose together) naïve, and tried to separate himself from Hong Kong's independence movement.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1192705.shtml

Beast

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2011
Country
China
Lee has recently been mocked for his two-face posture; that is, oftentimes he is seen as a vocal supporter for the unrest in Hong Kong, and he was described in June by the New York Times in an article as a "staunch defender" of the "one country, two systems" policy. Later, he called the "laam caau" philosophy (to make all lose together) naïve, and tried to separate himself from Hong Kong's independence movement.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1192705.shtml

If I am an old man like him with money, wouldnt want to spend rest of my life in prison.

He makes a smart move. :enjoy:

Figaro

Aug 17, 2017
Country
United States
Wow ... I am very surprised at the effectiveness of this legislation. Makes you wonder why they didn't do this 6 or 7 years ago. Would've saved the CCP a lot of trouble

Raphael

Mar 1, 2012
Country
China
Wow ... I am very surprised at the effectiveness of this legislation. Makes you wonder why they didn't do this 6 or 7 years ago. Would've saved the CCP a lot of trouble
It all comes down to US retaliation. US retaliation against China of 2014 would have had teeth, but against China of 2020, can leave barely more than a scratch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)