What's new

Jordan is close to contracting the latest F-16 Block 70/72 4++ generation fighter

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 13, 2012
Country
Canada
F-16V.jpeg

The representative of the American company Lockheed Martin at the Egypt International Defense and Military Industries EDEX 2021, Jordan is close to contracting the latest F-16 Block 70/72 fighter among the 4++ generation fighters.

In an interview with Breaking Defense at the Dubai AirShow, Greg Olmer, Executive Vice President of Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, said: “I see a potential market for selling more F-16 fighters, up to 300 aircraft to countries like Morocco, Jordan, Bulgaria, the Philippines and Indonesia.”

https://www.assabk.com/archives/1098904

Jordan's interest in Block 70 dates back to 2017

The deal will include at least two squadrons and one or two Patriot batteries, which will be financed by a US $4 billion loan..

Wilhelm II

Mar 20, 2019
Country
Saudi Arabia
F-16V.jpeg

The representative of the American company Lockheed Martin at the Egypt International Defense and Military Industries EDEX 2021, Jordan is close to contracting the latest F-16 Block 70/72 fighter among the 4++ generation fighters.

In an interview with Breaking Defense at the Dubai AirShow, Greg Olmer, Executive Vice President of Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, said: “I see a potential market for selling more F-16 fighters, up to 300 aircraft to countries like Morocco, Jordan, Bulgaria, the Philippines and Indonesia.”

The deal will include at least two squadrons and one or two Patriot batteries, which will be financed by a US $4 billion loan..
Jordan need more

Ali_Baba

May 27, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
F-16V.jpeg

Looks like they have given up on India sales!

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2011
Country
Pakistan
I really wish Jordan goes for a large number and doesn't sell them after few years. Jordan needs to maintain good balance with Israel. Yes they have diplomatic relations with Israel but sooner or later this region will explode again sooner or later it would be Muslims vs Israel again. Jordan needs to always be ready for that situation.

RealNapster

May 6, 2015
Country
Pakistan
Two Squadrons could be as high as 46

Or as low as 24.

Currently Jordanian airforce have 44 F-16's and the squadrons of F-16's are 1 squadron, 6 squadron and 2 squadron (OCU). So I don't think Jordanian airforce field 20+ jets in a squadron. More like 16.

luciferdd

Sep 25, 2013
I really wish Jordan goes for a large number and doesn't sell them after few years. Jordan needs to maintain good balance with Israel. Yes they have diplomatic relations with Israel but sooner or later this region will explode again sooner or later it would be Muslims vs Israel again. Jordan needs to always be ready for that situation.
Israel is the dady of the US,you want to use amrican's weapons to fight aganst their dady??:coffee:

Titanium100

BANNED
Mar 1, 2019
Country
Denmark
Or as low as 24.

Currently Jordanian airforce have 44 F-16's and the squadrons of F-16's are 1 squadron, 6 squadron and 2 squadron (OCU). So I don't think Jordanian airforce field 20+ jets in a squadron. More like 16.

With 16 in 2 squadron that is like 32 decent addition while the 70 was misquoted on my part

Trango Towers

ELITE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2016
Country
Pakistan
Jordan cannot fight Israel...they are pathetic.
America will never see equipment that may endanger a single Israeli. If Pakistan worries about kill switches what will happen to Jordan 🇯🇴. These arabs are delusional to think Jews who run America will help kill zionists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom