What's new

JF-17 Thunder - Information Pool

MastanKhan

PDF VETERAN
Dec 26, 2005
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

A few weeks old video---. Smashes those who talk about the JF17 not having enough speed---.

Clarifies the role of the air refuelling.

Deino

INT'L MOD
Nov 9, 2014
Country
Germany
I'm not sure if this is the correct thread but just a question I hope you don't mind.

Anypne with an idea whether the RWR/MAWS suite on the JF-17 has ever been confirmed? My notes say the complete EW suite is an INDRA setup (Spain) but for the RWR antennas I'm not sure. Some say they look like ALR-400s, but I don't know!

The Raven

Mar 31, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure if this is the correct thread but just a question I hope you don't mind.

Anypne with an idea whether the RWR/MAWS suite on the JF-17 has ever been confirmed? My notes say the complete EW suite is an INDRA setup (Spain) but for the RWR antennas I'm not sure. Some say they look like ALR-400s, but I don't know!
Deino, I'm not sure about the RWR antennas, but the MAWS sensors on the Block III appear to be the same IR based system as used on the J-10, as apposed to the previous UV based MAWS on the Block I and II aircraft.

Dazzler

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Oct 19, 2008
Country
Pakistan

Rwr is ALR400 DUAL configuration whereas MAWS is Chinese SE2 while some blk-2s have ALE-57 as well. KG600 is the standard ecm pod for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom