• Sunday, April 5, 2020

Japan's Abe Is the World's Best Leader

Discussion in 'China & Far East' started by Aepsilons, Jun 12, 2014.

1. GDan

GDan FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 102 / -0
    United Kingdom
  2. LeveragedBuyout

LeveragedBuyout SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +60 / 3,066 / -0
    United States
    I have to agree with @senheiser on this. Having the BoJ enact yet another QE is not only not original, it's technically not Abe's achievement (if we are to believe that the BoJ is truly an independent central bank). The rest is talk. Abe needs to pass laws and enact reforms--tax reform, labor reform, eliminate trade barriers, immigration reform, etc. It's an immense task, and everyone before him has failed, with Koizumi coming the closest. Koizumi fought the factions of the LDP to enact his privatization and bank streamlining program, whereas Abe is a creature of the LDP. I'm skeptical until I see results. Calling Abe the world's best leader based on his accomplishments so far is like giving Obama a Nobel Peace Prize. Oh, wait....

3. Reashot Xigwin

Reashot Xigwin SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 3,555 / -1
    I'm just waiting for the "bubble" to pop. Then as always I will laugh from on top knowing that I was right all along.

4. senheiser

senheiser SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7 / 5,081 / -9
    Russian Federation
    hes right when he says East Asians > europeans > everyone else but estimating IQ among europeans is completely BS and just shows his Anglo view, see Ireland.

his IQ estimates
    [​IMG]

pisa 2012 math
    [​IMG]

TIMSS 2011 math
    [​IMG]

5. Aepsilons

Aepsilons ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +118 / 35,753 / -0
    Japan
    I like to look at things through what we in the field of Industrial & Organizational Psychology refer to as "MQB" or Multiple Question Battery, which takes into consideration an individual's academic strength, intelligence rating, maturity level, ethical standing, cultural openness, organizational interoperability.

Intelligence tests, as you may know, is not the sole basis for hiring an individual anymore as it is a poor predictor in professional capability, communication, maturity level.

In that sense, immigrants are not selected merely for their academic strength in math or what have you; but their acceptance should be dependent on the following:
    1) their proficiency in in job duties they are supposed to fill in (engineering, nursing, teaching, manufacturing, etc)
    2) their language proficiency in the Nihonggo (Japanese language)
    3) must clear criminal back ground check
    4) emotional intelligence
    5) citizenship capability

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  6. Kataria

Kataria FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 207 / -2
    India
    But as a psychologist you must acknowledge that even IQ tests are only proxies for intelligence. They are by no means infallible ;in fact they are quite fallible.

7. Aepsilons

Aepsilons ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +118 / 35,753 / -0
    Japan
    Precisely, if you refer to my post, i said that many organizations now implement a wider approach to hiring processes. Tests are implemented to measure intellectual maturity, leadership capability, ethical capability, intelligence test, emotional maturity. We implement a plethora of battery tests.

8. cnleio

cnleio ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19 / 30,382 / -0
    China
    The great achievement of world's best leader - Abe is to remilitarize Japan military force, and prepare to change original pacifist constitution.

If i not mistake, the former Japanese leaders before 1945 WWII all can be called BEST LEADER ! :pop:

9. Huan

Huan FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,309 / -0
    United States
    Japan has a major discrimination problem towards foreigners or Gaijin. I heard it's a big hassle for Gaijin people to get a good residence there.

10. Aepsilons

Aepsilons ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +118 / 35,753 / -0
    Japan
    I don't think so. Land lords are just very critical to make sure that the tenants are capable of providing proof that he or she can afford rent. Foreigners who come to Japan and cannot provide proof of their financial means to support a 6 month to 12 month contract -- will naturally not get the lease. The same goes for American land lords.

Also, credit check is important.

This is, afterall, Japan we are talking about. A heavily industrialized nation , not a backwater 3rd world state.

I wholeheartedly disagree. Its wrong to generalize all muslims as such, afterall we are talking about a religious group that number over 1.2 billion. Japan has a very strong relationship with the Arab and Muslim world; our partners are with Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Egypt, Algeria, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia etc. We have over 10,000 Pakistanis living in Japan, over 11,000 Bangladeshis in Japan, we also have Indonesians in Japan, Arabs and also native Japanese who have converted to Islam. Overall, we have around 63,000 muslims in Japan and we have no negative experience. In fact, it brings a rich cultural dynamic in my country.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  11. Tshering22

Tshering22 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19 / 21,070 / -15
    India
    I don't think feminist is the right word Abe-san would want. :lol:. Make it women and family-friendly corporate culture. Also when it comes to commitment, you guys need to slow down on the 16-17 hour work life structure you have built up. I have seen Japanese people so sleep deprived and weak at the end of the day in trains, it is almost shocking.

Working hard and sincerely is good. But killing yourself off everything else in life is not. :)

I won't ask you guys to take an example from us, but a little family focus from us Indians could also be something you could appreciate.

Don't. It will destroy your society and bring about confusion like anything in your society. Don't make the blunder of 'multi-cultural, multi-racial heaven' that has caused enough damage in Sweden, Norway, UK and other liberal countries. The strife that it has caused, apart from giving birth to an imaginary guilt industry and a dolanomics culture, is unimaginable.

Don't offer immigration.

12. kaku1

kaku1 BANNED

Ratings:
    +2 / 2,839 / -5
    India
    Why this all propaganda, and World Leader? Seriously?

13. Tshering22

Tshering22 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19 / 21,070 / -15
    India
    Pay heed to what kankan says here. He is right.

See, I wouldn't elaborate much here but as their population in a nation increases, it slowly starts with support, then 'perceived discrimination, then demands, then grants, then whining and soon you have a huge muslim population demanding a separate nation.

Also conversion is a big problem in organized religions. India, Thailand, Bangladesh and even China are examples of what can happen. Also, you must research on the situation of Afghanistan and Pakistan which was not what it is today, without demographic warfare.

Friend, I implore Japan not to make the blunder of encouraging this trend. You have a beautiful culture, a wonderful country and a great society.

Please reconsider thinking along these lines. There are 15 countries in front of you that stand as testimony against your kind and good opinion about them; with solid proof.

14. vostok

vostok PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST

Ratings:
    +27 / 15,853 / -0
    Russian Federation
    When the U.S. occupation of Japan finish, then we will give some estimates to leader of Japan as an independent figure.
    Russia, too, was de facto occupied country in the 90s. Europe - occupied to this day.