What's new

Japan Prepares Designs For Its Next Fighter

he-man

ELITE MEMBER
Aug 29, 2013
Country
India
We are already ahead in radar. Engine is where we want to achieve parity with the USA. Russia is not far off when WS-15 roll around in 2020.

For radar,

1856 t/r for J-20.

I never said fak-fa is not a potent platform. It certainly very impressive, especially with its super agility design, maneuverability, and missile capability in air-fight. However, lacking low-observable stealth will make it easy target for true 5th generation fighter.

That is why I said this platform is a true 4+++ gen. It's a super Su-35 but it's not F-22 parity, if you get what I mean.
This is not j-20 but j-10b aesa,,the pic u are showing on top:coffee:

Meanwhile see the real thing on pakfa
t50 (75).jpg
t50 (105).jpg

xunzi

Aug 18, 2013
Country
China
Exactly..........so no real pics for j-20 and j-31.
How do we know they are not just illustrations?
J-20 is our crown jewel. You think we are stupid to display it publicly? That's why you have take the small peak of the export version of J-31 and use a bit of logic to figure out the real capability of J-20. If you think the export version of J-31 is impressive, then expect that 3x better because logic tell us that...

J-20 > J-31 > FC-31

he-man

ELITE MEMBER
Aug 29, 2013
Country
India
J-20 is our crown jewel. You think we are stupid to display it publicly? That's why you have take the small peak of the export version of J-31 and use a bit of logic to figure out the real capability of J-20. If you think the export version of J-31 is impressive, then expect that 3x better because logic tell us that...

J-20 > J-31 > FC-31
There is nothing in building an aesa that usa and russia already don't know so it makes no sense at all.
Its the same GaA based aesa for all.

As for the capabilities we will never know untill a war which will hopefully never occur:enjoy:

xunzi

Aug 18, 2013
Country
China
There is nothing in building an aesa that usa and russia already don't know so it makes no sense at all.
Its the same GaA based aesa for all.

As for the capabilities we will never know untill a war which will hopefully never occur:enjoy:
That is why I said you have to use every little leak, small information that is either leak or partially show through other platform to figure out each country true capability. I gotta said I was very impress with the FC-31 avionics and remember this is only the export version of J-31. The true avionics with data link and sensor will be 2x better in the real J-20 and J-31 when in final configuration. For final configuration, we will never show off the true strength of J-20 to avoid being at a disadvantage. This game is being played by all parties US/China/Russia. That is why you can only judge a platform through its stealth design from exterior which is the only thing you can spot from all 5th platform.

he-man

ELITE MEMBER
Aug 29, 2013
Country
India
That is why I said you have to use every little leak, small information that is either leak or partially show through other platform to figure out each country true capability. I gotta said I was very impress with the FC-31 avionics and remember this is only the export version of J-31. The true avionics with data link and sensor will be 2x better in the real J-20 and J-31 when in final configuration. For final configuration, we will never show off the true strength of J-20 to avoid being at a disadvantage. This game is being played by all parties US/China/Russia. That is why you can only judge a platform through its stealth design from exterior which is the only thing you can spot from all 5th platform.
It is u who is making claims that pakfa is not good,,,i am of the view we should not comment as the specs are not known.

xunzi

Aug 18, 2013
Country
China
It is u who is making claims that pakfa is not good,,,i am of the view we should not comment as the specs are not known.
I NEVER said pakfa is not good. I SAID it is not a 100% 5th gen aircraft. Quite honestly, if we define 5th gen by US standard then pakfa is a 4+++, aka a super Su35.

HariPrasad

BANNED
Aug 5, 2013
Country
India
View attachment 156083

Engine: 2 × IHIXF5-1turbofans

IHI Corporation XF5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
View attachment 156086 View attachment 156087

Radar: Multi-Function RF Sensor.” It will be developed by the Mitsubishi Electronics Corporation. This radar is advertised as having features which are only shared by the Northrop Grumman AN/APG-81, now the most advanced U.S. active phased array radar, which will equip the Lockheed-Martin F-35. For example, the Japanese radar claims spectrum agility between the C and Ku Bands, which today is only achieved by the AN/APG-81. Such band agility increases the stealth of the radar, provides a defense against jamming, while also allowing it to jam other radar with similar agility. The Japanese radar also intends for this radar to combine search and tracking, electromagnetic countermeasures (ECM), electronic sensory measures (ESM) and communication functions, also a current U.S. goal for its fighter radar.

View attachment 156088 View attachment 156089

Looks alike to AMCA design.

Carlosa

Jun 10, 2014
Country
Spain
LOL Come on, my friend. STOP misinformed people that Japan is having two separated 5th gen program.
You are the one that needs to get better informed my friend, there are 2 versions of the plane, F-3 and F-3E (strike version).

Here are some pics:

F-3a.png
F-3Ea.png
F-3Eb.jpg
F-3Ec.png
F-3Ed.jpg

he-man

ELITE MEMBER
Aug 29, 2013
Country
India
I NEVER said pakfa is not good. I SAID it is not a 100% 5th gen aircraft. Quite honestly, if we define 5th gen by US standard then pakfa is a 4+++, aka a super Su35.
Sorry,no one will believe this as its still a prototype and that too a first gen one.
The real production variant that india will buy has not even been unveiled yet.

xunzi

Aug 18, 2013
Country
China
You are the one that needs to get better informed my friend, there are 2 versions of the plane, F-3 and F-3E (strike version).

Here are some pics:

View attachment 157079 View attachment 157080 View attachment 157081 View attachment 157083 View attachment 157085
LOLOL

That is like F-35A, F-35B, F-35C which mean the US have three 5th gen program running in addition to F-22. LOLOL. Those are NOT different aircraft. Those are VARIANTS to suit their specific mission. Noob! LOL

xunzi

Aug 18, 2013
Country
China
Sorry,no one will believe this as its still a prototype and that too a first gen one.
The real production variant that india will buy has not even been unveiled yet.
Remember, you can change the inside but once you commit to an exterior design, it is very hard to change it up. Change = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

he-man

ELITE MEMBER
Aug 29, 2013
Country
India
Remember, you can change the inside but once you commit to an exterior design, it is very hard to change it up. Change = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
We still haven't given them 1 penny:lol:

Carlosa

Jun 10, 2014
Country
Spain
LOLOL

That is like F-35A, F-35B, F-35C which mean the US have three 5th gen program running in addition to F-22. LOLOL. Those are NOT different aircraft. Those are VARIANTS to suit their specific mission. Noob! LOL
Very, very different variants with a very different airframe, wouldn't you say?. I guess it gets down to the definition of a "variant" and "aircraft". They are so different that they seem to me as totally different aircraft that just share engines and a few subsystems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)