• Sunday, January 26, 2020

Japan Prepares Designs For Its Next Fighter

Discussion in 'China & Far East' started by $@rJen, Nov 24, 2014.

1. mike2000

mike2000 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9 / 1,980 / -0
    United Kingdom
    Nobody wants India to break up from its relationship/romance with Russia. Not me not my friend from Vietnam Carlosa. Indians seem to always be defensive when it comes to Russia. Even when Moscows doesnt always do things that is favourable to them.lol Strange. Its a news everbody who follows knows that Russia is dragging its feets from providing its latest tech to India as per signed contract. I dont blame them though, since no sane power will do that to be honest. India has to accept what Russia provides whether it likes it or not. Its not like it has a choice anyway, so it will take whatever Russia provides, unless its ready to review its priorities/relationship and come closer to the U.S/west/Japan who all have much common interests with India than Russia. Reason my friend Carlosa was pointing out that India could better partner with Japan in such projects in case its project with Moscow turns even more sour.

2. he-man

he-man ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4 / 9,217 / -33
    India
    Japan cannot offer us a better deal than pakfa,,,shin shin is a small fighter with small engines and small radar.

Look at the specs of pakfa vs shin shin.

Otherwise japan will make an awesome fighter but india is better off with pakfa

3. sicsheep

sicsheep FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,692 / -0
    China
    i thought UK had more influence in India than any other country?? :(
    India love Russia because Russia really know which button to push, unlike UK, Russia at least verbally treat India as equals, like friends,it's Rakesh Sharma vs First Sikh, it's about respect and prestige but in fact Russia had way more to benefit from this relationship, while they still dont like you after you gave them billions in aid.

4. terranMarine

terranMarine BANNED

Ratings:
    +7 / 18,023 / -25
    China
    He's trying hard to convince Vietnam and India to switch side to the pro US camp and leave Russia. :lol:

5. sicsheep

sicsheep FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,692 / -0
    China
    The KGB propaganda operation in India is possibly one of its most successful, it is still paying off today, :D

6. terranMarine

terranMarine BANNED

Ratings:
    +7 / 18,023 / -25
    China
    KGB influence cannot be underestimated :lol:

7. hans

hans FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,031 / -0
    China
    I hope so..
    Let`s see what India can get from Russia

8. xunzi

xunzi SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4 / 10,976 / -6
    China
    LOL Come on, my friend. STOP misinformed people that Japan is having two separated 5th gen program.

9. xunzi

xunzi SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4 / 10,976 / -6
    China
    Honestly, Fakfa/fgfa is not a true 5th generation aircraft. It is more like 4+++ generation. Close but not exactly 5th standard.

10. he-man

he-man ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4 / 9,217 / -33
    India
    I need not learn what 5 th gen means from the likes of you.
    Give me the pics of j-20 aesa and other equipment to prove its even 4.5 gen.

Then talk.

11. xunzi

xunzi SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4 / 10,976 / -6
    China
    A senior U.S. industry official agreed with Deptula’s assessment. In terms of its avionics, the PAK-FA is closer to a Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet or F-16E/F Block 60 than an F-22 or F-35. “Some may claim that the PAK-FA is a 5th gen. fighter, but it's more of a 4.5 gen. fighter by U.S. standards,” the industry official said.

The Russian Air Force's Super Weapon: Beware the PAK-FA Stealth Fighter | The National Interest

Go over Sinodefense forum and look for J-20 massive thread. There is plenty of information in there if you're willing to follow.

12. he-man

he-man ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4 / 9,217 / -33
    India
    J-20 does not even have its own engine and is flying with shitty al-31 which is there in 4 th gen mki,,,there is no proof of avionics inside it.

Don't push it lest u will get burned.

13. xunzi

xunzi SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4 / 10,976 / -6
    China
    Correction for you, my friend. J-20 2012 is flying with WS-10G and will equipped with WS-15 when in final production.

As far as Avionics, there is a sneak preview of inside J-31 at Zhuhai airshow. As we must know, J-20 is a bigger brother of J-31 so expect better avionics to be in J-20.

14. he-man

he-man ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4 / 9,217 / -33
    India
    U need years before u guys can reach russian level in radars and engines,not to mention the fighter designs too.
    I don't want to put china down but thats the truth.

In stealth though j-20 is clearly better but in electronics and engine.........no chance.:coffee:
    Pakfa is flying with a main radar of 1526 t/r elements and two side aesas with 380 t/r elements each making a detection angle of 270 degrees with 2300 t/r elements:angel:

It has an L-band aesa serving as IFF with additional electronic functions on the side wings.

Its a very very potent platform and u would be dishonest to deny that.

15. xunzi

xunzi SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4 / 10,976 / -6
    China
    We are already ahead in radar. Engine is where we want to achieve parity with the USA. Russia is not far off when WS-15 roll around in 2020.

For radar,

[​IMG]

1856 t/r for J-20.

I never said fak-fa is not a potent platform. It certainly very impressive, especially with its super agility design, maneuverability, and missile capability in air-fight. However, lacking low-observable stealth will make it easy target for true 5th generation fighter.

That is why I said this platform is a true 4+++ gen. It's a super Su-35 but it's not F-22 parity, if you get what I mean.