• Friday, August 7, 2020

Israel's 8 F16s become "water bubblers" and Pakistan intends to purchase them

Discussion in 'Pakistan Air Force' started by aliaselin, Jan 14, 2020.

1. aliaselin

aliaselin FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 2,008 / -3
    China
    https://new.qq.com/omn/20200114/20200114A049LM00.html
    On January 13, the “Israel Times” reported that Israel experienced a severe rainstorm last week, causing a large amount of water to accumulate at Hatzor Air Force Base in southern Israel. Eight F16 fighters were not removed from the underground hangar in a timely manner. Eight F16s were flooded with mud, and three of them were severely damaged. It is reported that Hatzor Air Force Base was hit by heavy rain at 5 a.m. on Thursday, more than 13 million gallons of rain flooded the base in just half an hour, the level of the underground hangar exceeded 1.5 meters, and several ground crew members were also trapped in the hangar.

According to the Israeli Ministry of Defense assessment, repairing the eight F16 fighters will take a considerable amount of man-hours and maintenance costs of 15 million U.S. dollars. The Israeli Air Force intends to disassemble these eight F16 fighters into spare parts. If a suitable buyer can Sold as second-hand "soaking machine". It is reported that three of the damaged F16s are 16C type and 5 are F16I "thunderstorms". Pakistan has become interested in this batch of F16 and intends to purchase all of them.

The Pakistan Air Force is currently equipped with 78 F16s, including 5 junior 16A / Bs (without BVR capability), 14 F16ADFs (two mobile phones purchased from Jordan), and 41 F16A / BMULs (medium upgrade models). , 18 F16C / D. Israel's eight F16s are very advanced for Pakistan, especially the latest F16I "Thunderstorm". If you can buy F16I at a low price, it will be more cost-effective than buying the J-10.

The F16I is an improvement from the two-seater F16D. It is equipped with a detachable conformal fuel tank, a fire control computer made in Israel, an infrared detector, and a helmet targeting system. The radar has also been replaced by an AN / APG-68 (V) 9 multi-mode radar. The information processing speed is 5 times that of Pakistan F16C / D. The F16I has a maximum take-off weight of 23 tons (the J-10 is only 19 tons), has a strong loading capacity, and can perform long-range attack missions like heavy fighters.

The Pakistan Air Force has very limited available funds every year, so it is happy to buy advanced used fighters. According to the Pakistan Air Force's assessment, the Israeli F16I can continue to be used for at least 20 years, the transfer price is only more than 20 million US dollars, and the procurement The new J-10 fighter requires about 40 million U.S. dollars, and the range and ammunition capacity of the F16I exceed that of the J-10.

• Thanks Thanks x 6
  2. ARMalik

ARMalik SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7 / 5,489 / -0
    Australia
    Fake jewnews.

• Thanks Thanks x 13
  3. Pakistani Fighter

Pakistani Fighter ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 6,951 / -4
    76*
    Have heard 13 are not BVR Capable

Hope we get our hands on them and upgrade all our fleet with V standards

4. Haris Ali2140

Haris Ali2140 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 4,341 / -0
    Pakistan
    No way in hell US will allow that even if Pak and Israel come to such an agreement in the first place.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  5. ADIL SHERDIL

ADIL SHERDIL FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 871 / -0
    Pakistan
    Just some fan boy wanted every f16 to come to Pakistan their is no way Pakistan and Israel gonna do this deal.
    US can sell them to Pakistan, but such sophisticated weapons deal can't be made between Pakistan-Israel.

• Thanks Thanks x 9
  6. araz

araz PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT

Ratings:
    +64 / 11,547 / -0
    Agreed .There is a lot wrong with this piece of news. Incorporating Israeli software into Pak eco system is asking for trouble.
    A

• Thanks Thanks x 7
  7. RoadRunner401

RoadRunner401 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,836 / -0
    Pakistan
    The Pakistan Air Force is currently equipped with 78 F16s, including 5 junior 16A / Bs (without BVR capability), 14 F16ADFs, and 41 F16A / BMULs (medium upgrade models) , 18 F16C / D. Israel's eight F16s are very advanced for Pakistan, especially the latest F16I "Thunderstorm". If you can buy F16I at a low price, it will be more cost-effective than buying the J-10.

The F16I is an improvement from the two-seater F16D, equipped with a detachable conformal fuel tank, a fire control computer made in Israel, an infrared detector, and a helmet targeting system. The radar has also been replaced by an AN / APG-68 (V) 9 multi-mode radar. The information processing speed is 5 times that of Pakistan F16C / D. The F16I has a maximum take-off weight of 23 tons (the J-10 is only 19 tons), has a strong loading capacity, and can perform long-range attack missions like heavy fighters.

The Pakistan Air Force has very limited funds available each year, so it is happy to buy advanced used fighters. According to the Pakistan Air Force's assessment, the Israeli F16I can continue to be used for at least 20 years, the transfer price is only more than 20 million US dollars, and procurement The new J-10 fighter requires about 40 million U.S. dollars, and the range and ammunition capacity of the F16I exceed that of the J-10. The air combat performance has mutual advantages.

However, Pakistan wants to buy Israel's eight water-filled F16s, and it needs the permission of the United States. At present, the United States is actively selling F16 fighters to India. In order to please India, this transaction may not be allowed.

My Two cents, This news is intended for Indians and absolutely nothing to do with Pakistan

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  8. KapitaanAli

KapitaanAli SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 2,643 / -5
    India
    It will have to be laundered through Jordan.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  9. Haris Ali2140

Ratings:
    +1 / 4,341 / -0
    Pakistan
    Do you really think that such a deal is possible???

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. 313ghazi

313ghazi SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35 / 13,825 / -0
    Pakistan
    lol - completely unrealistic. If we want spares we can buy them from the US. If they were recoverable, the Israeli's would have had them fixed at the cost of the US taxpayer. Neither nation is allies. They don't want to sell us parts which could help us figure out the capabilities of their frontline fighter. We don't want to risk having equipment with Israeli code and potential malware and bugs built into it, mixed into our fleet.

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  11. doorstar

doorstar SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,011 / -0
    United Kingdom
    may or may not be true but guess who was supplying Pakistan with spares during last bout of US sanctions against Pakistan

I hear you say: but but but Israel is an injun ally. then I say during civil war in Sri Lanka tamil tigers were being trained in Israel on how to lay mines and a few miles away sinhalese were being trained in how to sweep mines.

it is a weird twisted world!

• Thanks Thanks x 12
  12. Trailer23

Trailer23 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +86 / 8,022 / -0
    Pakistan
    Can they be Halal'ed?

What kind of b.s news piece is this?

13. graphican

graphican ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +43 / 17,890 / -1
    Pakistan
    I seriously doubt the legitimacy of this flooding excuse. I am surprised that Israel wants to sell Pakistan something - but their excuse of creating surplus spare parts because of flooding is total inside-out-Bull$hit.

14. Haris Ali2140

Ratings:
    +1 / 4,341 / -0
    Pakistan
    They are already Halal.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Taimoor Khan

Taimoor Khan ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 14,945 / -8
    Pakistan
    Cant even trust bloody WhatsApp with all the Israeli hacking going on and some fan boys want to get used Israeli F16? Numbnuts.