Before you start crying about Israel not being the 4th strongest military, Israel has the best and most concentrated air defenses in the world, the most skilled and experienced pilots in the world, all of its active tanks are armed with the best APS in the world and it has a huge modern tank force, second to none cyber capability, second to none intelligence gathering capability, second to none assassination capability, the best ATGMs in the world, one of the most motivated to fight population in the world, one of the only countries with ICBMs and nuclear weapons, proved to be able to quickly mobilize hundreds of thousands of experienced, high value reservists that are constantly training up until age 49 and constantly defeated a bunch of Arab nations ganging up on it with way more weaponry, manpower and superior Soviet technology.
Really Russia as number 1? what a joke. I wouldnt even put Russia in top 20 at this point
My top 10 as of today- jan 2023
3. Japan- Beats out the rest due to extremely large + very modern air force/navy
4. France- Global power projection + Technology + Navy + very modern army/air force
5. UK- Same as France - Global power projection + Technology + Navy + very modern army/air force
6. Israel- Extremely modern home built tech + large modern air force/army
7. India- Large manpower, held down due to 90% reliance on soviet/russian equipment + large blue water navy
8. Pakistan- Large mostly modern army/air force + Modern Missile tech ahead of rest + 5th largest UCAV force + Semi modern home built tech
9. Turkey- Modern army/airforce + Best UCAV tech after US+ modern home built tech
10. South Korea- Large modern army/airforce/navy + Modern home built tech
The reason I put Japan/France/Uk ahead of Israel is due to there global power projection capabilities, nuclear program, and blue water esq navies. Russias military has effectively been destroyed and is not even as capable as secondary powers.
Pakistan has many major advantages over india including its reliance on more reliable american/chinese weapons compared to indias reliance on mostly soviet weapons. Israeli/french weapons are still used but only as niche weaponry for elite units. Pak also has a much larger modern UCAV fleet compared to India. India edges out pak mostly due to its blue water navy + space program which could be its biggest force multiplier in a major conflict.