asad71

PROFESSIONAL
May 24, 2011
Country
Bangladesh
aangirfan: 'RUSSIA SHOT DOWN TWO US MISSILES'

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2013

'RUSSIA SHOT DOWN TWO US MISSILES'

Reportedly, on 3 September 2013, Russia shot down two US ballistic missiles that were heading towards the Syrian coast, allegedly 'in the direction of Damascus'.

"The trajectory of these objects goes from the central part of the Mediterranean Sea toward the eastern part of the Mediterranean coast," Interfax news agency quoted a Russian spokesman as saying.

Russia detects ballistic launch in Mediterranean

On 3 September, Israel said it was unaware of any ballistic missile launch being conducted in the eastern Mediterranean.

"We are not aware, at this time, of such an event having occurred," a military spokeswoman in Jerusalem said.

Russia detects ballistic launch in Mediterranean; Israel denies

Rota Naval Base in Spain has been used by the USA's ballistic missile submarines.

The missiles were reportedly fired from Spain, or, from the central part of the Mediterranean.

Truth of US-Russia Confrontation

"The launches were detected by the ballistic missile early warning system in Armavir in southern Russia, the defence ministry said in a statement quoted by Russian news agencies."

Ballistic missiles launched in central part of the Mediterranean towards Syrian coast / Russia's anti-air-missile-radars registered two ballistic launches in the Mediterranean

Reportedly, Russia shot down the missiles.

Then Russia went on war alert and sent a stiff warning to US intelligence.

The UK House of Commons fairly swiftly voted against war.

There is a discussion of the issue here: Did Russia Actually Shoot Down Those Missiles?

Yzd Khalifa

ELITE MEMBER
Mar 24, 2013
Country
Saudi Arabia
I don't think Obama will back down, I just think that the Congress is a bit reluctant on the issue.

vostok

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Jun 23, 2013
Country
Russian Federation
Russia did not shot them. It just noticed the launches. It may well be that it was a Western test of the new Russian radar stations.

VelocuR

Jun 4, 2009
Country
Pakistan
The body languages of both John Kerry and Sergei Lavrov, seems both are good friends and laugh anything, Arabs were screwed up.

Yzd Khalifa

ELITE MEMBER
Mar 24, 2013
Country
Saudi Arabia
[Bregs];4771571 said:
Obama has backed down certainly

US and Russia in landmark deal on Syria's chemical weapons - Hindustan Times

with the strong opposition from congress, american public, Britain and above all Russia
It will be very interesting to see the US backing down. The last time the US backed down from attacking hostile state was the Cuban missile crisis…

The body languages of both John Kerry and Sergei Lavrov, seems both are good friends and laugh anything, Arabs were screwed up.
If the US is going to do it, then fine, if not then I guess the ascending power of the rebels will continue fighting Assad till his bones collapses.

ResurgentIran

Feb 11, 2013
It will be very interesting to see the US backing down. The last time the US backed down from attacking hostile state was the Cuban missile crisis…

If the US is going to do it, then fine, if not then I guess the ascending power of the rebels will continue fighting Assad till his bones collapses.
The tide has shifted in Syrian governments favour on the ground. The rebels are on a loosing streak and in terminal decline.
Ottherwise the USA would have not been so desperate to threaten with military attack against Assad.

VelocuR

Jun 4, 2009
Country
Pakistan
it is disappointing but FSA rebels wouldn't stop fighting to bring down Assad except Chemical which will be monitored by international forces.

Yzd Khalifa

ELITE MEMBER
Mar 24, 2013
Country
Saudi Arabia
I would argue not. Just today, 3 main conflicts resulted into a massive casualties on Assad's side.
The tide has shifted in Syrian governments favour on the ground. The rebels are on a loosing streak and in terminal decline.
Ottherwise the USA would have not been so desperate to threaten with military attack against Assad.
Since last year, the US said the use of chemical weapons is a red line. Therefore, we can't conclude that the US is going to interfere to do this and that.

I don't think it is disappointing really. The Russians can't bail Assad out; his economy is shrinking. They can't afford to buy weapons and food.
it is disappointing but FSA rebels wouldn't stop fighting to bring down Assad except Chemical which will be monitored by international forces.

GDan

May 30, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Those pictures make Kerry look seriously pleased. I bet he's just thrilled he doesn't have to try selling that turd of a battle plan anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom