What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Hack-Hook

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2012
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Go find the video. They were using it on rebels moving. Not stationary building. You know farsi you can find the video. I remember it vividly. I think it was one of the few official videos Iran ever published from Syrian operations.
the video showed a car was parking in front of a building ,if i recall correctly
If you find the video you will see the strikes it montage. And I believe Iran (or the official) claimed they did tens if not 100+ strikes with drones (going off memory forgive me). Video was released several years ago if that helps def 2019 or earlier showing drone strike operations during the war.
in 2017 they introduced sadid-345 that solved the problem , later in 2018 or 2019 sadid-1 problem solved. but Russia entered in 2015

Last edited:

Hack-Hook

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2012
Country
After 1st ISIS terrorist attack in Iran. Video shows them taking off from Iran. Internal weapons bay RQ-170 variant (don’t know what they call it these days).
that was saeqeh or shahed-191 and it happened in 2018 by the time Sadid-1 problem were solved
No. Drones don’t shine against asymmetrical troops movements and when your enemy does human wave tactics and uses trucks as massive bombs. Or else US would have defeated Taliban years ago.
they did , Taliban didn't did any massive attack , whenever they tried to do that they were destroyed . it was later after they reached an agreement with usa it was they did such operations. and with drones you target those pickups and attack their shelters . that can seriously hamper their operation capabilities .
All of Ukraine’s intelligence targeting was provided by NATO or else they couldn’t find a tank if it was right in front of them.
that's arguable
It would need F-4’s and F-5’s running 200-300 sorties a day alongside Syrian Airforce running same amount to turn around the tide. Only Russia could provide that sortie rate fast enough. Solemani knew the state of Iranian Air Force more than any of us on here. Plus risk of Saudi Arabia joining the air war or US doing no fly zone.
it need 20-30 male uav to turn the tide of war. you just need to made it unsafe for terrorists .
How long do you think IRIAF could run 200-300 sorties per day bombing campaign without its planes falling apart from wear and tear?

Asking a genuine question.
if its running , kaman and mohajer and shahed-129 drones well my guess is very long time . and i have always said i'm not in favor of giving CAS role to air force , that's the role of army aviation

Sineva

May 24, 2018
Country
Australia
that was saeqeh or shahed-191 and it happened in 2018 by the time Sadid-1 problem were solved

they did , Taliban didn't did any massive attack , whenever they tried to do that they were destroyed . it was later after they reached an agreement with usa it was they did such operations. and with drones you target those pickups and attack their shelters . that can seriously hamper their operation capabilities .

that's arguable

it need 20-30 male uav to turn the tide of war. you just need to made it unsafe for terrorists .

if its running , kaman and mohajer and shahed-129 drones well my guess is very long time . and i have always said i'm not in favor of giving CAS role to air force , that's the role of army aviation
The likely main limiting factor for the drones from a logistics perspective would be the available stocks of drone launched pgms,and how quickly these could be replenished,as without those you would then be limited to using unguided weapons,which due to the low payload capabilities of the drones would greatly limit the amounts that could be carried.This would then leave only secondary capabilities such as target designation for precision guided artillery rounds or artillery rockets,also target spotting for loitering munitions and manned airstrikes.

TheImmortal

Mar 11, 2017
Country
United States

Doesn’t work that. Look at Battle of Kobane. ISIS lost some 10,000 fighters and US had to end up leveling the city during CAS. That was with constant air support and hundreds of strikes. Iran’s drones didn’t have that reach or fire power.

Look at Battle of Kindi Hospital, human wave after human wave. Al-Sishani was famous for using people like meat grinders to take an objective.

A few drone strikes during a battle wasnt changing the calculus of these groups.

that's arguable

You weren’t turning the tide of a war with 20-30 drones when 70% of Syria was in terrorist hands. Lay down the Hollywood action hero thinking.

No drones. Just fighter jets. That’s issue with Iranian airforce. They can’t run a sustained sortie campaign without losing aircraft to wear and tear.

the video showed a car was parking in front of a building ,if i recall correctly

No this video came before that one. It was a montage video of Syrian drone strikes (maybe some artillery lasered included strikes as well). There was at least 10+ strikes in the video.

Impossible to find now since it was so long ago.

GrandBotBoi

Jul 13, 2021
Country
I didn't say it's a one-way system, I said in this application with reconnaissance UAVs the transmission would mainly be one-way. Doesn't mean the DL system itself isn't capable of two-way transfer.

This paragraph is based on far too much speculation/interpolation/assumptions compared to the short segment in the article. I'm not going to discuss it like this.

Radio calls are certainly not a good substitute for DL information on a display, but that's the level I think Iran's F-14s are at.

Once again, there is no evidence or even claims that F-14AM has datalink apart from your interpretations of BT talking about CAPs. Also, I reiterate my opinion that the F-14AM upgrade is much less extensive than many people think.

IRIAF has such a small remaining stock of AIM-54s (and this is well documented) that you only see the Tomcats flying with AIM-7s and AIM-9s nowadays. That's why they developed the Fakour and are supposedly working on Maghsoud.

R-27 would probably still be an upgrade over the AIM-7.

We're going in circles now.

That video is atrocious. There is no indication in what the change on symbology on the target is. It could be anything - IFF, launch authorisation, being "hooked" by the pilot... Can't make any conclusions based on that alone.

Btw, Su-35 is reported to have a reduced radar signature to 1-3m^2 using RAM coating in specific areas.
1-3m² RCS on SU-35 is without RAM coating afaik, with RAM coating it's down to like 0.5m²

GrandBotBoi

Jul 13, 2021
Country
in Syrian theater even mig-29 would have did the job , to be honest a su-25 probably would have done that job.
if at the time our UAVs, had strike capabilities and we didn't have problem with Sadid-1 . those were far more than enough to do the job in that scenario
Erm Shahed-129 regularly carried out strikes in Syria, and their weren't significant issues with Sadid-1 that's a myth. When they didn't have Sadids available they were used to guide precision artillery

they had problem with their main weapon of Shahed-129 which was Sadid-1 and Qaem bomb was only good against stationary target.

only qaem was working and it was not designed to work against moving targets
shahed-129 was mainly used for surveillance at the time

when ? 2018- 2019 russia entered into war in 2015

that's the scenario that drones shine
Uhm no. Shahed-191 has never been seen with Qaem, and Qaem can't easily engage moving targets. Shahed-129 uses Sadid-1 as it's main rocket powered munition, and Sadid-345 as it's glide munitions. The claims about Sadid-1 problems are debunked BS from Babak Taghavae

Last edited:

Hack-Hook

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2012
Country
Doesn’t work that. Look at Battle of Kobane. ISIS lost some 10,000 fighters and US had to end up leveling the city during CAS. That was with constant air support and hundreds of strikes. Iran’s drones didn’t have that reach or fire power.

Look at Battle of Kindi Hospital, human wave after human wave. Al-Sishani was famous for using people like meat grinders to take an objective.

A few drone strikes during a battle wasnt changing the calculus of these groups.
the human wave of al shishani was not the problem the suicide wan and trucks were the problem those drones coulddeal with them . let the defender grind the cannonfoders . do you knew in kurdistan what our solfdiers were using against human wave attacks of Komoleh ?
anBn

You weren’t turning the tide of a war with 20-30 drones when 70% of Syria was in terrorist hands. Lay down the Hollywood action hero thinking.
ok 40-50 mohajer-6
in syria , surian were not aware of isis movement that was part of the problem . those drones were solving the problem and could make mince meat out of their toyotas , and without those the terrorists would have reduced to rag tag terrorist with ak-47 with limited mobility and every move exposed

No this video came before that one. It was a montage video of Syrian drone strikes (maybe some artillery lasered included strikes as well). There was at least 10+ strikes in the video.

Impossible to find now since it was so long ago.
don't recall it but i knew we had problem with sadid-1 and were using only Qaem

1-3m² RCS on SU-35 is without RAM coating afaik, with RAM coating it's down to like 0.5m²
still won\t answer its outdated radar that would be picked up by any modern jet from far away and could be countered with any half decent aesa radar.

Last edited:

Hack-Hook

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2012
Country
Erm Shahed-129 regularly carried out strikes in Syria, and their weren't significant issues with Sadid-1 that's a myth. When they didn't have Sadids available they were used to guide precision artillery
they were using qaem , and until sadid 345 shahed-129 didnt have anny weapon suitable for engaging fast moving targets . I think later it was in 2018 that sadid-1 problem solved

Uhm no. Shahed-191 has never been seen with Qaem, and Qaem can't easily engage moving targets. Shahed-129 uses Sadid-1 as it's main rocket powered munition, and Sadid-345 as it's glide munitions. The claims about Sadid-1 problems are debunked BS from Babak Taghavae
show me photo of shahed -129 with sadid-1 from those eras

Last edited:

sanel1412

Oct 27, 2017
Country
Bosnia And Herzegovina
waste of resources, all the resources must go into kowsar , we don't have enough resource to have a production line for Yasin
You must have subsonic Advanced trainer for pilot training, Yasin or Something based on F 5 ... Advanced training Jet also can fill CAS role...so it is dual purpose.

Hack-Hook

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2012
Country
You must have subsonic Advanced trainer for pilot training, Yasin or Something based on F 5 ... Advanced training Jet also can fill CAS role...so it is dual purpose.
you see why invest on yasin while kowsar can fulfill that role a lot better . just answer that to me

BlessedKingOfLonging

May 22, 2022
Country
you see why invest on yasin while kowsar can fulfill that role a lot better . just answer that to me
From what I observe, Yasin was built by a separate team from the one that designed Kowsar.

Not a bad platform but nowhere in the same class as the latter, so I believe it won't enter mass production but they'll implement the design and technology that went into it in subsequent projects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom