What's new

Iranian Supremacy in Scientific R&D in the Islamic world

ahaider97

Oct 15, 2021
Country
Pakistan
If you get into Sharif or Amir Kabir then that would be brilliant for you.

They have ENORMOUS SJR citations per faculty ratio (hitting ~100).
I came across these names when searching for universities in Iran. But if I ever came to Iran for study, it will only be in Mashad.

ahaider97

Oct 15, 2021
Country
Pakistan
if you take my advise, you should apply for as many Universities as you can.
Yeah that's the reasonable thing to do but I don't plan to enter academia and for me a masters would just make it easier for me to apply to certain data science related positions. I think about going to Mashad mostly due to it being a holy city. In this day and age you can learn almost anything for free at your own home with just the internet. Degrees are just a formality.

serenity

Jan 9, 2007
Country
China
You are both clever countries and good at STEM. Arguing from different directions. Truth somewhere in the middle as always.

Smart people are everywhere and Iran and Israel are both smart countries with many hardworking scientists and engineers. Iran is being how should we say it, disadvantaged intensely by current political climates that have been for now decades, some self afflicted, many foreign. Israel has received support and injections of capital. Iran has experienced mostly the opposite.

Most of the world's smartest engineers and scientists have been Jews and are Jews working in Europe, USA, and some other places e.g. Australia. I've met many smart Iranian engineers here in Australia and worked with several academics for geotechnical designs and structural engineering. Also in labs at universities for testing materials for contract work. I always notice a lot of east Asian and Iranian academics at Australian top universities now. Iranians almost one third in numbers of total STEM academics!

Get over this argument. Neither are hopeless "third world" and neither are certainly superior to the other.

Iran however is impressive in its results given how things are working against them and have been for a long time. Also per capita, its performance is excellent which shows there is a cultural emphasis given on education and academics. This is always going to suggest that the people of that country have correct priorities - STEM. I have met many second to third rate geniuses (this is a compliment because first rate genius is once in a generation) in academic and working career and I must say, smart people and hardworking people truly does not matter about race, sex, nationality, or even religion. Just fewer Africans in STEM but maybe for various other reasons relating to culture, wealth, and national priorities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom