What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Hack-Hook

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2012
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
so a submarine can have a speed of over 1000 km/h ? or do you think the SS-N-14 'Silex' missile is a submarine?
we must not build everything others have , if we go that route , we will go bankrupt just like USSR. we must study our enemies and built way to neutralize them not build an army like them

TheImmortal

Mar 11, 2017
Country
United States
so a submarine can have a speed of over 1000 km/h ? or do you think the SS-N-14 'Silex' missile is a submarine?

Fastest missile in the world can only do up to 350KM/h underwater and only 3 countries have it (Iran, Russia, Germany). China is early stages looking at a supersonic submarine wonderweapon that uses a form of supercavitation.

Nonetheless yes a submarine (manned or unmanned) can fire a hypersonic CM or hypersonic BM that exceeds what you want.

Mata Elang

New Recruit

Feb 11, 2022
Country
Indonesia
we must not build everything others have , if we go that route , we will go bankrupt just like USSR. we must study our enemies and built way to neutralize them not build an army like them
Yes this is like saying "you don't need to build a nuclear ICBM (like your enemy), you just use your bullshit ideas". There are times when you have to imitate your enemy's weapon and if you can, change your weapon to be better than your enemy's.

Hack-Hook

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2012
Country
Yes this is like saying "you don't need to build a nuclear ICBM (like your enemy), you just use your bullshit ideas". There are times when you have to imitate your enemy's weapon and if you can, change your weapon to be better than your enemy's.
in 2006 did Hezbollah had all the thing Israel had ?
did going into competition with NATO helped USSR ?

Mata Elang

New Recruit

Feb 11, 2022
Country
Indonesia
in 2006 did Hezbollah had all the thing Israel had ?
did going into competition with NATO helped USSR ?
I think you don't understand. Just think what would happen if Hezbollah had what Israel has like F-35, F-15, F-16, Apache Helicopters, Arrow ABM, Iron dome, Barak 8, David sling, Jericho 3 ICBM, Destroyer, Frigate and plus hundreds of thousands of rockets/thousands of guided missiles owned by Hezbollah itself, it is possible that today Hezbollah has controlled all of Israel.

Hack-Hook

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2012
Country
I think you don't understand. Just think what would happen if Hezbollah had what Israel has like F-35, F-15, F-16, Apache Helicopters, Arrow ABM, Iron dome, Barak 8, David sling, Jericho 3 ICBM, Destroyer, Frigate and plus hundreds of thousands of rockets/thousands of guided missiles owned by Hezbollah itself, it is possible that today Hezbollah has controlled all of Israel.
Nothing different . They had what they need to stop Israel advance . If they had those things they would have been wiped out in first 24 hours of war

jauk

Jul 8, 2016
Country
Anguilla
Modern combat is agile, cheap, and disposable. Fortunately Hezbollah doesn't have or need to maintain shiny, expensive, and mostly useless toys (i.e. your exhaustive Christmas wish list). Hezbollah has today an arsenal far more deadly than the one they kicked *** with in the 30 Day War--establishing deterrence forever. Your thinking is so 1960s.

Speaking of Christmas, don't forget to add a Red Ryder BB gun to your wish list.

51lQdA-REkL.jpg

Last edited:

Stryker1982

Oct 5, 2016
Country
Thoughts for the lads here.

So we've seen for the first time, loitering torpedos in Iran. Of course the specs are completely unknown but if it operates like we expect it too. I wonder if this is not only a form of "moving mines" capability and long range port strike, but if it is also to be used for anti-submarine warfare.

Hear me out. Previously Israel had little to no capability at sea. Recently, they've been working with german defense companies in creating a solid submarine fleet for power projections at long ranges, which would include the Northern Indian ocean and Gulf of Oman.

Is this a response to Israeli subs? Or is this not feasible for such circumstance.

Hack-Hook

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2012
Country

So we've seen for the first time, loitering torpedos in Iran. Of course the specs are completely unknown but if it operates like we expect it too. I wonder if this is not only a form of "moving mines" capability and long range port strike, but if it is also to be used for anti-submarine warfare.

Hear me out. Previously Israel had little to no capability at sea. Recently, they've been working with german defense companies in creating a solid submarine fleet for power projections at long ranges, which would include the Northern Indian ocean and Gulf of Oman.

Is this a response to Israeli subs? Or is this not feasible for such circumstance.
A torpedo can have a range of tens of km after detecting enemy a moving mine can move for several hundred of meters

aryobarzan

Feb 17, 2019
Country

I think this is more of a "loitering" torpedo than a mine..
Imagine releasing few of these close to enemy naval ports..sits, listens to acoustic signatures of interest..Turns the motor on ,Arms the warhead,and moves to the target..If no target detected..heads home to pre programed spot for collection or self destroys..
1648471664451.png

Compare the above with below MK 48 torpedo by the US..(Iran navy did have MK 48 torpedo)
1648471711002.png

1648471876277.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom