What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

aryobarzan

Feb 17, 2019
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Посол Ирана в Москве Казем Джалали сообщил, что эсминец ВМС Ирана «Саханд» и сопровождающее его судно обеспечения «Макран» прибыли в Санкт-Петербург для участия в ежегодном параде, посвященном Дню Военно-морского флота России.
https://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2021/07/24/662929/Iran-navy-Sahanad-Makran-ships-Russia-parade

now it remains only to wait for the first photos
I still can not figure out what all those weapons/FACs are for...so in a crazy thought may be after the parade they may head to Syria or yemen and set up an actual FOB for iranian navy!!!!!!!

EvilWesteners

Oct 17, 2020
Country
for what I wrote:
"but this mission has definitively shown that the Sahand 74 also has excellent navigation skills."
__

as far as rust is concerned, if they have paint on board and sea conditions allow it, often some interventions on the superstructures and the main deck are also carried out during navigation.
Indeed it seems that some sailors have overalls, who knows, maybe they are already carrying out some rearrangement work
This is normal. Should see Pakistani ships after a few days in the Indian ocean.

There is a special paint produced in Denmark which has a few special ingredients, one in particular is titanium-silica in the paint that protects (longer I should say) the layers of paint due to wear and tear in salt water. From what I have heard, (from family members in the Navy), most people misunderstand and think it is the salt-water. Apparently it is the WIND that is the main bitch and does this, and then the air-salt content and the salt density in the water.

aryobarzan

Feb 17, 2019
Country

Where are the supporters of journalists? or this forum is simply filled with hypocrites?
@waz @LeGenD ..troll alert by the above member.

Bahram Esfandiari

Jan 9, 2017
Country

sanel1412

Oct 27, 2017
Country
Bosnia And Herzegovina
Well it is for indentification purpose, I can bet now some tanker will popup with Makaran name, do it few times and it create mess for those who track Iranian ship and publish locations.. I call it US 5th colony, include those tanker trackers and others similar. Seems they are only interested for Iranian ships

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Top Bottom