What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

sahureka2

Apr 23, 2016
Country
Italy
She looks very similar to the Original Damavand in terms of layout except she is missing the large electro optical sights that was mounted on the mast of the old Damavand.

Its great to see that this project is has gotten back on track after it was dormant for so long!
The Dena has the extreme stern including the flight deck equal to the Sahand (orange arrows), instead of the BO-1 20mm / 85 it has the single 23mm (ZU-23).
Question what is that system indicated in blue?

Sineva

May 24, 2018
Country
Australia

sahureka2

Apr 23, 2016
Country
Italy
I, reading the article on NavalNews, I think that this naval unit is actually the new minesweeper called "Saba" which is in the final phase of construction in that shipyard and of which some had been posted on this forum in July 2020. photo a video, which I now propose again.

Video
NAVALNEWS and the author, "in the light of new information" updated the article.
It is possible that they also considered the suggestions and pictures posted on this forum

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2021/01/update-on-iranian-navy-surface-effect-ship-ses/hi

PS
Looking at the photos I posted I have some doubts that as they hypothesize in the article the hull is made of steel.

Last edited:

VEVAK

Oct 24, 2013
Guys, IRGC unveiled an under ground base full of anti ship missiles. Its mentioned that the base is near Persian Gulf. Holy moly, kilometers of a tunnel filled with anti ship missiles.
View attachment 704687 View attachment 704688 View attachment 704689 View attachment 704690 View attachment 704691 View attachment 704692
IRGC rarely disappoints especially when it comes to anything missile related!

But to see this many anti ship cruise missiles stored in one location alone that is absolutely jaw dropping! And they are clearly ready to overwhelm any defensive weapon system enemy vessels may throw their way....
And these are only IRGC missiles and no doubt one of many such bases

With such a vast stock I'm shocked they haven't built more missile boats and FAC to go with....

Philosopher

Jan 5, 2020
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
We had a seen a glimpse of such IRGC naval facilities in the past when we saw rockets being housed underground. It is safe to say there are a multitude of such facilities holding UAVs, Speed boats, ballistic missiles (Khalife Fars, Zolfiqar Basir etc) for IRGC navy. Also knowing IRGC, I would not be surprised if they also have made their own submarines already and have kept them very quiet. The other question I am pondering on is whether they have already made supersonic cruise missiles and are not showing them yet.

The Americans understand fully well that they stand no chance in the Persian Gulf should a conflict arise. Thus their plans will be comprised of stand off attack ranges. This is why the expansion of Iran into the Indian Ocean is such an important move.

TheImmortal

Mar 11, 2017
Country
United States
Iran already said there is underground missile bases near the coast.

Still waiting Air Force to unveil their own strategic underground air base.

sahureka2

Apr 23, 2016
Country
Italy
[QUOTE
NAVALNEWS and the author, "in the light of new information" updated the article.
It is possible that they also considered the suggestions and pictures posted on this forum

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2021/01/update-on-iranian-navy-surface-effect-ship-ses/hi

PS
Looking at the photos I posted I have some doubts that as they hypothesize in the article the hull is made of steel.
The first image flotting of Saba Iranian hunting mine
Saba is the first all-composite vessel with a length of 35 meters and a width of 12 meters that we had not built in the country before. The body is catamaran-shaped and completely composite so that it has the least sensitivity to the electromagnets of the mine and the mine does not explode. For the first time, the whole design and implementation has been done by the experts of the Marine Industries Organization and it has the ability to detect and identify floating sea mines and mines lying on the seabed.
https://www.mizanonline.com/fa/news/691303/اولین-تصویر-از-مین-شکار-ایرانی-صبا

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom