What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

WudangMaster

Apr 17, 2014
Country
United States
I forgot Sabehat was the commando one for special ops and I saw a newer version a few years back in one of these forums (Ithink imf) and it was light years ahead of its predecessor.

Philosopher

Jan 5, 2020
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
I am always impressed by the ingenuity of the IRGC. This ship apparently cost around $2.5 million, just look how cost effectively they get their jobs done. A dozen or so of such ships, backed by other naval vessels will be a great start to the IRGC's stated goal of having a permanent base in the Indian Ocean.

Stryker1982

Oct 5, 2016
Country
Canada
I am always impressed by the ingenuity of the IRGC. This ship apparently cost around $2.5 million, just look how cost effectively they get their jobs done. A dozen or so of such ships, backed by other naval vessels will be a great start to the IRGC's stated goal of having a permanent base in the Indian Ocean.
Is this some sort of replenishment ship?

Philosopher

Jan 5, 2020
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Is this some sort of replenishment ship?
Think of them as a small floating naval base. They added cruise missile, air defence, and even fast boats to it. This will not be the first of such ships, that's for sure. This is all part of the IRGC's goal of having a permanent base in the Indian Ocean.

RΛIDEN

New Recruit

Oct 28, 2020
Country
Bangladesh
IRGC Navy testbed vessel

Brother Yavar, what do you mean by it being a testbed vessel? Do you mean to say that it is a multi-purpose vessel? But isn't it suppose to be the second intelligence ship by the IRGC Navy? Now if this vessel is a testbed, then what is Khalije Fars training ship for?

WudangMaster

Apr 17, 2014
Country
United States
That's what I was thinking before, it would be very difficult to match that price if it were built from scratch in side the country, though in long term, Iran should copy and modify and do so in house because it being cheaper from abroad is not an acceptable excuse in a resistance/war economy.

yavar

Mar 20, 2013
Brother Yavar, what do you mean by it being a testbed vessel? Do you mean to say that it is a multi-purpose vessel? But isn't it suppose to be the second intelligence ship by the IRGC Navy? Now if this vessel is a testbed, then what is Khalije Fars training ship for?
This vessel firstly is mostly for international arms shipping so since we do not need to transfer arms illegally and now we can export with this vessel which can defend itself from been inspection since we do not need to transfer arms illegally and now we can export arms and no one can stop one so this vessel is pretty much in need

Also developed sea base ,I mean ocean base Weapons so we be sure of our weapons will be all weather proven

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom