What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

VEVAK

Oct 24, 2013
I was thinking about the price tag and was wondering if any entity in the country cold manufacture at that cost with all components fitted out and all; for the long term it should build on its own as part of the resistance economy but the price tag on the boat probably made it hard to resist.

Also, how do the boats get in and out of the water? If they are housed below and deployed far at sea they have to be able be moved about or do the boats accompany the vessel in the water while at sea? Might there be some sort of crane in use when it's deployed to sea?
I think step is to integrate the 3rd and 15th Khordad more fully into the ship by decentralizing from vehicle platform as I described in previous posts. Add some ASW and CIWS or give it the ability to deploy ghadir subs for ASW while at sea.
I also thought of a variant of this ship that could be used to deploy a smaller version of an OTH radar like the ghadir on the main deck, if such a thing is feasible. For the time being, it does need some further protection from accompanying ships or subs but all in all it seems to satisfy a need of the IRGCN for a bargain price.
Iran has the capability to produce Hall's and decks relatively quickly and at a relatively affordable price but the main problem Iran has and would have is with engines, propulsion, gearbox, generators and other specific parts required to produce various equipment...
Now a lot of other ship manufacturing countries simply import these parts and components at a regular price where as we get double or triple charged mainly due to the U.S. and if we choose to develop the infrastructure to produce every single part and component ourselves and at an affordable price it would require years and years of infrastructure development and it's not something that would happen overnight and would require years of investment and development before it actually becomes affordable. And I believe this is a long term plan Iran is moving towards however due to limited funding this would be something that's going to happen in the span of decades not years...

skyshadow

Sep 12, 2017
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
mshrgh.ir/1146791v
admiral khanzadi with mashreghnews:
هدف عمده استفاده از موشکی که عمودپرتاب باشد در تمام دنیا برای دفاع ضدهوایی است یعنی علیه یک سکوی پرنده‌ای که یا خودش موشک و راکت در دو ارتفاع کوتاه و متوسط پرتاب می‌کند یا بمب می‌آورد. در ناوشکن دماوند طراحی بر مبنای نصب این موشک است. کار صنعتی هم در وزارت دفاع با سرعت در حال انجام است و چون نمونه زمینی را داشتیم، مشکلی نیست و امیدواریم تا پایان امسال نمونه دریایی هم آماده شود.

این کار در ناوشکن دنا پس از آزمایش در ناوشکن دماوند به صورت اصلاحی انجام خواهد شد چون ساخت دنا از قبل بوده و حالا باید اصلاحاتی برای نصب موشک عمودپرواز انجام شود اما روی دماوند این موشک پیش‌بینی شده است. نوع دیگر این موشک عمودپرواز که کروز هم نیست از نوع بالستیک است و در آینده از آن ها برای ناوشکن‌های سنگین‌تر و زیردریایی‌های سنگین‌تر استفاده خواهیم کرد چون ما انواع موشک بالستیک در خشکی داریم و بردن موشک بالستیک از خشکی روی شناور و زیردریایی برای ما محدودیتی ندارد.

damavand will get vls for air defence, Dena will be upgraded to have vls. and the system will (hopefully) be completed by the end of the year (probably persian calendar year)
also they will add ballistic missile to heavier ships.:yay:
he said ballistic missiles for heavier ships and submarines

WudangMaster

New Recruit

Apr 17, 2014
Country
United States
The canisters used in the missile farms for tha fateh/zolfaghar family can easily be adapted to a naval platform, Shahid Roudaki could carry on them on deck now if they wanted to,as the kick back from launches is manageable for larger ships.

Shawnee

Jan 22, 2020
Country
United States
رسانه ها مثل فارس با اب و تاب از مقاله ست فرانتزمن در جروزلم پست و اهمیت این ناو نوشتن

حالا خود این اقا بار ها دیدیم قبل مقاله نویسی یه نگاهی به توییت های فیلد و غیره و حتی همین فروم میکنه‌‌

Last edited:

Sineva

May 24, 2018
Country
Australia
Are those images of the new Damavand?
Certainly looks like it,I`m pretty sure that I havent seen that radar mast layout on any of the other larger warships in the irin.
It is quite literally astonishing tho,how amazingly quickly they were able to build this one.
Fingers crossed that this time whoever is the captain will at least be semi competent,I hope......

sahureka2

Apr 23, 2016
Country
Italy
this probably wants to depict the Dena, but are you sure someone didn't make corrections with Photoshop?
The superstructures of the command bridge have some differences when compared with the image of the Dena when it was still in the shipyard (attached photo)
The optical number seems too small when compared to that
del Jamaran, Damavand and Sahand
The phased array radar seems to have been added with a photographic retouching program, to notice color, some shades and irregular lines due to adaptations;
aft seems to identify a system that is not the CIWS 30mm.
Of course I can be wrong, but it seems that someone wanted to picture what Dena will look like.

skyshadow

Sep 12, 2017
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
so basically Dena is like Jamaran? No VLS or CIWS? They said a year ago they will equip it with VLS yet it has no VLS. Disappointing. @skyshadow
we have to see, i don't know
this probably wants to depict the Dena, but are you sure someone didn't make corrections with Photoshop?
The superstructures of the command bridge have some differences when compared with the image of the Dena when it was still in the shipyard (attached photo)
The optical number seems too small when compared to that
del Jamaran, Damavand and Sahand
The phased array radar seems to have been added with a photographic retouching program, to notice color, some shades and irregular lines due to adaptations;
aft seems to identify a system that is not the CIWS 30mm.
Of course I can be wrong, but it seems that someone wanted to picture what Dena will look like.

right on brother, nice catch very very nice, it seems the upper section is from jamaran

Last edited:

RΛIDEN

New Recruit

Oct 28, 2020
Country
Bangladesh
Iran has the capability to produce Hall's and decks relatively quickly and at a relatively affordable price but the main problem Iran has and would have is with engines, propulsion, gearbox, generators and other specific parts required to produce various equipment...
Now a lot of other ship manufacturing countries simply import these parts and components at a regular price where as we get double or triple charged mainly due to the U.S. and if we choose to develop the infrastructure to produce every single part and component ourselves and at an affordable price it would require years and years of infrastructure development and it's not something that would happen overnight and would require years of investment and development before it actually becomes affordable. And I believe this is a long term plan Iran is moving towards however due to limited funding this would be something that's going to happen in the span of decades not years...

As far as I remember, Rahbar asked to prioritise on missiles first and foremost.
Then he asked Iran's engineers to increase the accuracy of the missiles and lower the cost for mass production.
Once the missile development process matured, Rahbar followed on to prioritise the development of air defence systems.
Now it is time to nurture and mature Iran's naval industry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom