What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Hack-Hook

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2012
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Now it's understandable why Russia was insisted on offering us s400
What is the assumption based on that it wasn't operational before? Also the statement attributed to the military official in this latest news report is in composite tense ("peyvaste ast"), which could as well mean that Bavar-373 has been operational for quite some time. Indeed that is what the sum of all official declarations in this regard implies.
about bavar , they previously said they are going to introduce a bavar-2 soon , maybe the first bavar was an unfinished work in progress after all we knew Sayyad 4 is part of Bavar Package but we saw a test of it. and also we never saw or see a report of it actually being deployed.

another matter is when iran announce a weapon usually we announce its deployment 1-2 year later and the weapon being deployed is having some modification with final product. we usually announce weapons when they are in working order but the final refined product is shown 1-2 year later

SalarHaqq

Dec 29, 2019
Country
Belgium
about bavar , they previously said they are going to introduce a bavar-2 soon , maybe the first bavar was an unfinished work in progress after all we knew Sayyad 4 is part of Bavar Package but we saw a test of it.

This is speculation, basically. Maybe, maybe not. The user I was responding to seemed to have drawn an unambiguous conclusion that Bavar-373 has not been operational to date, conclusion for which I see no compelling reason. Hence my question to the user.

and also we never saw or see a report of it actually being deployed.

Its was declared operational several times, which is good enough to me.

another matter is when iran announce a weapon usually we announce its deployment 1-2 year later and the weapon being deployed is having some modification with final product. we usually announce weapons when they are in working order but the final refined product is shown 1-2 year later

This isn't a systematic rule, is it? It's not as if it must necessarily apply to Bavar-373, a weapon the enemy is best kept in the dark about as much as possible.

Hack-Hook

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2012
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
This is speculation, basically. Maybe, maybe not. The user I was responding to seemed to have drawn an unambiguous conclusion that Bavar-373 has not been operational to date, conclusion for which I see no compelling reason. Hence my question to the user.

Its was declared operational several times, which is good enough to me.

This isn't a systematic rule, is it? It's not as if it must necessarily apply to Bavar-373, a weapon the enemy is best kept in the dark about as much as possible.
for comparison let just look at shahed 129 , when was it first build , when was the time it was given to irgc , and when was the first you see it carry weapon and strike a target ?

Diictodon

New Recruit

Apr 25, 2022
Country
United Kingdom
It’s because S-300 production line no longer existed. They weren’t going to restart a production line of an older generation product for a single order.
D

It’s because S-300 production line no longer existed. They weren’t going to restart a production line of an older generation product for a single order.
Do you think Iran can built a SM-6 ASAT eqiuvilant from Bavar 373? The computing processing power to build such a system is going to be very big and complex.

Last edited:

Messerschmitt

Oct 27, 2019
Country
Germany
IMG_20220613_111030_793.jpg

Sineva

May 24, 2018
Country
Australia
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 2, Guests: 3)

Top Bottom