• Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Iran shuts down coffee shops in morality crackdown

Discussion in 'Iranian Defence Forum' started by ManuZ, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abii

Abii SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 10,910 / -14
    Iran, Islamic Republic Of
    thanks for your pointless contribution to the thread, as usual. Anything else?

2. Arian

Arian ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 3,729 / -0
    Since when you've become an expert on Islam Vassnti? :P I wonder :))

3. Abii

Abii SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 10,910 / -14
    logic of a 5 year old.

For the second time, nobody is blaming arabs. We're blaming ourselves, but that doesn't mean that our religious leaders aren't following arabic culture.

see my previous post. Don't feel like wasting my time with mini-me mosa

4. Shahin Vatani

Shahin Vatani SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,939 / -0
    Look it is Arab culture to keep men and women seperate. To clad women from head to toe and so on. Its your culture that you exported to Iran when you invaded us. So it is our fault we still follow it, but don't pretend it didn't originate with Arabs.

5. BLACKEAGLE

BLACKEAGLE ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4 / 21,432 / -3
    Jordan
    Okay, you brought me to say this while I was trying hard to avoid it. We think (many if not most Arabs), that your Mullahs are not even Muslims. I am sorry to say this, but I am being frank and honest. Now, believe me they have nothing to do with Arabs.

6. Shahin Vatani

Shahin Vatani SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,939 / -0
    Don't be sorry, I don't mind. And we all already know this is the way you think anyway. Doesn't change the fact that all this primitive separation of the sexes is based off Arab culture.

7. Arian

Arian ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 3,729 / -0
    Be frank and honest and share your opinion, but please don't turn this into a sectarian thread later. Keep it at this level only. Thanks.

8. PERSIAN GOD KING

PERSIAN GOD KING BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,966 / -0
    Ohhh No!!! :cry::cry: please dont say they are not muslim.
    LMAO dude, neither I nor most Iranians here are Muslim and we do not really give the slightest damn about mullas or you people.

9. Serpentine

Serpentine INT'L MOD

Ratings:
    +30 / 34,242 / -0
    No one can judge who is Muslim or not.The ones who said Mullahs are not Muslims,are they sure they are Muslims themselves?Who says they are Muslims at all?
    The 'all' that you are talking about are just some minority who most of them are ultra extremists religious nut jobs with Al Qaeda and Taliban's ways of thinking.

On topic: I am against what they have done in those coffee shop,because I'm sure these kinds of rules would go no where.For example,By stopping some one from drinking alcohol for one time,you can't turn him in to a permanent sober.He will drink it later in home

10. gamma

gamma FULL MEMBER

New Recruit

Ratings:
    +0 / 17 / -0
    What about Green Movement? Is it still active? Any counter Revolution or undercurrent in Iran against the Regime? what about the Students?

11. Vassnti

Vassnti SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 2,421 / -0
    New Zealand
    I expect crap one liners from Abii but perhaps expected more from a Mod sadly im proven wrong.

How about if you disagree with what i say you prove me wrong rather than just personal attacks?

12. Arian

Arian ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 3,729 / -0
    Don't make a big deal out of it Vassnti :). Asking you if you're an expert on Islam is a personal attack? Really? Calling someone a crap one liner isn't a personal attack?

And moreover, I think first you need to say based on what facts you think Islam says differently. Sharia is very explicit when it comes to such laws, unfortunately.

13. PERSIAN GOD KING

PERSIAN GOD KING BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,966 / -0
    Iranian basij are not all the same, there were women who helped some people during the green movement.
    some basij women went and told some Iranian women to leave certain areas, they said " You are beautiful, you should leave now, some of these men target beautiful women on purpose". so don't place all basij in one category. some people join the basij to help defend Iran against likes of NATO. there are 12 million basij!

14. khair_ctg

khair_ctg FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3 / 924 / -1
    Bangladesh
    i have always had a profound interest in Muslim Persia as one of the most important Islamic civilizations in history and the roots of communities spanning large regions of the world. but i've also recently become more aware of that "dirty 65%", which left a bad taste in my mouth about contemporary Iran, and i'm trying to know if that has something to do with the Mullahs who some say are misled in the first place. i have seen Arab bashing like that by Abii before and the sheer ignorance coming from such a culturally rich region is just striking. is the label of "Islamic Republic" for masquerading. and if so for what?

15. khair_ctg

khair_ctg FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3 / 924 / -1
    Bangladesh
    even a non-Muslim would know (could judge) what is Muslim and what is not. if Muslims themselves didn't know the difference between right and wrong in Islam, then...... and these rules are in a so called "Islamic Republic" where the laws of the land are supposed to abide by the deen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.