What's new

Iran considering onion export to Bangladesh

Black_cats

Dec 31, 2010
BSS
  • Published at 07:22 pm October 1st, 2020
Onion

File photo: A seller checks onion at his shop in Dhaka Mahmud Hossain Opu/Dhaka Tribune

The assurance came when Iranian ambassador to Bangladesh Mohammad Reza Nafar made a call-on with Agriculture Minister Dr M Abdur Razzaque at his secretariat office in the capital
Iran will consider exporting onion to Bangladesh with due importance as the price of the vegetable used in most cuisines in the subcontinent including Bangladesh is comparatively low in the Asian country.

The assurance came when Iranian ambassador to Bangladesh Mohammad Reza Nafar made a call-on with Agriculture Minister Dr M Abdur Razzaque at his secretariat office in the capital.

“Onion price in Iran is comparatively low. So, the onion export to Bangladesh will be considered with high importance”, said the Iranian envoy responding to a request made by the agriculture minister.

He said Bangladesh and Iran have enormous scope to work jointly in various sectors, including the agriculture.

Praising Bangladesh’s success in agriculture, the Iranian envoy said despite the ongoing corona pandemic, Bangladesh is continuously maintaining its food production chain due to the pragmatic and time-befitting steps taken by the government.

He also expressed his keen interest to import different food items including tea, jute, mango and spices from Bangladesh to Iran.
At the same time, Iran can export date, wheat, onion and raisin to Bangladesh, said Nafar during the call-on.

During the meeting, they discussed on various aspects including agricultural science and technology, bio-technology, agro-food processing and packaging, innovations of different stress tolerant varieties under the changing climatic condition, research, trade and bilateral relations between the two countries.

The minister informed the Iranian envoy that Bangladesh has achieved tremendous success in agriculture and that’s why the country is now self-sufficient in cereal food production.

Protest_again

BANNED
May 19, 2019
Country
India
With new farm reforms, India is not going to ban exports from next year. So you are importing from India, rest easy.

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 14, 2016
Country
Bangladesh
I hope Mr. Trump, the President of the United States of America does not veto the Iranian proposal and also put sanctions against tiny Bangladesh as well. He is almost at a state of war against Iran.

Otherwise, the Iranian gesture is a welcome news.

Destranator

Jul 20, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
Hopefully Biden admin will reinstate the Iran peace deal and also allow other countries to trade with Iran. Iran could provide us cheap oil.
Iran is also quite strong in STEM so collaboration would certainly help.

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 14, 2016
Country
Bangladesh
Hopefully Biden admin will reinstate the Iran peace deal and also allow other countries to trade with Iran. Iran could provide us cheap oil.
Whatever may be the American position, our Mullah people will be happy to see their wives preparing foods with Islamic onions from Iran.

Whatever it may be, we must support onion imports from both Pakistan and Iran.

Atlas

Aug 2, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
Whatever may be the American position, our Mullah people will be happy to see their wives preparing foods with Islamic onions from Iran.
Nah you are completely wrong .

The course of mullahism has been changed dramatically recent days .

Now mullahs belong to wahabi cult so Iranian onion could be labelled as Jewish onion ,as nowadays mullahs preach that Shia Islam is actually a result of Jewish conspiracy to destroy Islam !

Interestingly now many people believe that Shia people were actually responsible to kill Ahle bayt ,as they are agent big Jewish elders who are controlling the world through a book named "Protocol of the elders of Zion" ( that is actually a Christian priest's propaganda book against Judaism ) ! Our paid Mullahs are too much interested to preach the theory. :lol:

Valar.

BANNED
Nov 29, 2017
Country
Pakistan
I hope Mr. Trump, the President of the United States of America does not veto the Iranian proposal and also put sanctions against tiny Bangladesh as well. He is almost at a state of war against Iran.

Otherwise, the Iranian gesture is a welcome news.
AFAIK, sanctions on Iran are only on Oil/Gas + Military equipments, not on vegetables.

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 14, 2016
Country
Bangladesh
Nah you are completely wrong .

The course of mullahism has been changed dramatically recent days .

Now mullahs belong to wahabi cult so Iranian onion could be labelled as Jewish onion ,as nowadays mullahs preach that Shia Islam is actually a result of Jewish conspiracy to destroy Islam !

Interestingly now many people believe that Shia people were actually responsible to kill Ahle bayt ,as they are agent big Jewish elders who are controlling the world through a book named "Protocol of the elders of Zion" ( that is actually a Christian priest's propaganda book against Judaism ) ! Our paid Mullahs are too much interested to preach the theory. :lol:
I have noticed that you read, talk, research and think of religion too much. Whatever may be a religion, it is just another faith. There is no true or false religion. Only Muslims talk and blindly believe in what their religion preaches.

Other religion people just do not have interest with their respective religion or Heaven and Hell. To them, all are very secondary to the missions in their lives. Religion entices Muslims much more than other religionists.

Anyway, whatever may be the Fitna, Shia or Sunni, I would welcome Pakistani and Iranian onions and also other food items that they have plenty.

Atlas

Aug 2, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
I have noticed that you read, talk, research and think of religion too much. Whatever may be a religion, it is just another faith. There is no true or false religion. Only Muslims talk and blindly believe in what their religion preaches.
Yes I love to study religion, culture of different people and historical elements, as well as regional politics related to it.

Anyway, whatever may be the Fitna, Shia or Sunni, I would welcome Pakistani and Iranian onions and also other food items that they have plenty.
Don't know why you ar becoming serious lol. It was just fun when I said Mullah and Jewish onion , as you said Islamic onion for mullahs! I thought you were joking and I just wanted to boost it !

Last edited:

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 14, 2016
Country
Bangladesh
Yes I love to study religion, culture of different people and historical elements, as well as regioolnal politics related to it.
I will like any religion that deals more with humanity and less with rituals. I wish the following high qualities of men could be a part of good religion that nourishes the minds of people:
  • goodwill, empathy, generosity.
  • rightness, duty as guardians of nature and humanity.
  • right conduct and propriety, demonstrating your inner attitude with your outward expressions.
  • wisdom.
  • faithfulness and trustworthiness.
I wonder if Bangladesh is full of those people who possess the qualities above.

Last edited:

Indos

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Jul 25, 2013
Country
Indonesia
Indonesia and Iran is still doing trade to each other and there is no sanction what so ever from USA. Yup like what Valar said, only oil and military equipment that are forbidden.

Destranator

Jul 20, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
Indonesia and Iran is still doing trade to each other and there is no sanction what so ever from USA. Yup like what Valar said, only oil and military equipment that are forbidden.

Way too many if's and but's apply to non-oil/arms trade which discourage other countries from committing to significant/long term trading arrangements with Iran:

20201004_110540.jpg

20201004_110607.jpg

20201004_110627.jpg

20201004_110701.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)